Sign in to follow this  
Arkanta974

Got It Where It Counts - Preview the Lando's Millennium Falcon Expansion Pack

2 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Is that a... medium... base?!

huh.....it definitely looks closer to a medium base than a large base comparing to the docked ship's base in the same image......

Ok the Qi'ra and solo interaction described in the article is weird. What does ignore truly mean? Does the defender get the obstructed bonus? Does he not? Why do you ignore the astroid but still get a bonus? There is no "may" there...

I dont understand it. Isnt 2.0 supposed to be clearly worded? Or is that just the usual error in the article?

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Ok the Qi'ra and solo interaction described in the article is weird. What does ignore truly mean? Does the defender get the obstructed bonus? Does he not? Why do you ignore the astroid but still get a bonus? There is no "may" there...

I dont understand it. Isnt 2.0 supposed to be clearly worded? Or is that just the usual error in the article?

Key word: supposed to

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

It does read a bit strangely, if you you're ignoring obstacles when you're shooting then surely you're not obstructed?

I guess they mean that you can move and shoot while on an asteroid, but yeah, odd.

7 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Seems Han w/Qi'ra 

1. Lock Obstacle

2. Fly through it, if needed (effect gain extra die from Han Solo ability)

3. Don't grant the extra die from being given to the target (which would usually be the case.)

This is assuming the article is correct

Exact wording from the article:

ships can acquire locks on objects in addition to ships, and with Han flying and Qi’ra as a crew member, this can provide multiple benefits. Together, they let you fly right through any obstacles you're locking and gain the extra die from Han's ability when firing through those same obstacles—without also granting an extra defense die to your target.

Edited by Cgriffith
spelling

6 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

I think it's probably a mistake but it's possible that the 2.0 rule-book explains this in a way that's different than how we currently understand it.

1 minute ago, Ixidor said:

I think it's probably a mistake but it's possible that the 2.0 rule-book explains this in a way that's different than how we currently understand it.

I think you may be correct. We still haven't seen the 2.0 FAQ yet, in full form

Hmm...  I am not sure how useful these ships are, relative to others, because they have no point values.  I know that this is a common criticism of the - frankly superior - modular point system.  Also, I am aware that we don't have a firm set for other ships in the release wave.

I do hope, that upon the release of the initial wave, that spoiling articles give "projected point values" so that we can consider the vessels' ramifications.

On the other hand, perhaps they don't release those notes to give more excitement to when they actually release.

Edited by Duciris
typo

24 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

There is a lot to wrap your mind around in this expansion.

I'm I the only one who doesn't like that an ESCAPE Pod can fly around and pew pew things?

I would be ok with this if we’d seen some reference in the movie about the Escape Craft being armed. I’ve just started Last Shot so wondering if there is a reference in it?

I do like the drone pilot though. 

6 minutes ago, Duciris said:

Hmm...  I am not sure how useful these ships are, relative to others, because they have no point values.  I know that this is a common criticism of the - frankly superior - modular point system.  Also, I am aware that we don't have a firm set for other ships in the release wave.

I do hope, that upon the release of the initial wave's, that spoiling articles give "projected point values" so that we can consider the vessels' ramifications.

On the other hand, perhaps they don't release those notes to give more excitement to when they actually release.

If I'm seeing the quick build cards correct, it appears Han Solo is a Level 5 threat, and Lando Calrissan is a Level 4 which means if the points are right, they're going to be more than "useful"

Han and Qi'ra... wow!

"Han flying and Qi’ra as a crew member, this can provide multiple benefits. Together, they let you fly right through any obstacles you're locking and gain the extra die from Han's ability when firing through those same obstacles—without also granting an extra defense die to your target."

So If I'm reading that right Han would attack with three dice and the defender gets no extra die.  Then when the enemy ship fires back Han gets get's 2 extra green dice because of HIS ability.

That's a four dice swing spread out.

swz04_han-solo.png

swz04_qira.png

Edited by Boba Rick

I think the Auto-pilot BOOM shuttle will be fun to fly against.  I'm just not looking forward to seeing Trick Shot Hans all over the place. I think this thing will have a pretty high price tag, so I'm not sure what kind of support you can bring with it. 

It is cool that you can build this thing in wildly different ways that will have completely different play-styles.