Sign in to follow this  
Narissa

Funnest thing to hear during a game...

In our ascension game the Judge and Vindicare got the idea to hastle a group of individuals for not only mission related reasons, but also personal ones.  With nothing better to do my Crusader joined them.  When they started questioning the leader of the group things started getting weird, and the guy started refusing to answer quesrtions, even insinuating threats to the Judge, while the room filled up with more members of the group.  The judge wanted to intimidate the guy and said, "We eat demons for breakfast!"  The leader flips out anr it turns out that they were all demons projecting a human form.  It turned into a 30 on 3 fight where after we took ou15 we decided to retreat.  Yea we pretty much proved that the judge was telling the truth.    typed on phone so cnat make seperate paragraphs.

RT game.

Our space ship's main way of dealing damage is by charging into things with its armoured prow. It has a single gun (battery) and a lancer, which is pretty pathetic for weapons. The armoured prow, however, can deal a fair bit of damage, and we even had an (eldar) gravity sail to speed us up.

At the start of our first battle, when we were ambushed by a bunch of raiders, the Explorator - half-joking and half-roleplaying - calls out the cheesy and cliche line "weapons at maximum!". We all look at him in confusion and I ask "do you mean the engines?"

The Rogue Trader in my group has a power fist. So of course the first time melee combat comes up he asks "Can I give them the shocker?"

In Dark Heresy a rift to the warp was torn open when the carefully constructed summoning ritual was interrupted and contaminated by blood and violence, drawing Khornate daemons. Now it was supposed to be a group of bloodletters, however I mispoke. "As the rift widens, the roaring grows louder and the scent of blood becomes stronger. Finally, bloodthirsters begin pouring through the crack in reality." The look on my newest player (and the one most familiar with 40k) was absolutely priceless.

Can't remember any great moments from Deathwatch. Aside from a Big Mek getting destroyed in one round thanks to Furious Charge and good initiative rolls. Assault Marine drops the shield on first hit, Techmarine uses power sword and servo-arm, then there's the Space Wolf with the force sword that finishes the greenskin orc before he even acts. That was more of a laugh for my players as they question the toughness of Orks. Though some mega-armour nobs and a warboss may change that...

After purchasing a few new bionics, our group's Tech Priest bought the talent "Disturbing Voice". 

The player made the group cry with laughter as anytime the Tech Priest was required to speak, it was done through the "T-Pain Auto-tune App" on his Iphone.

HOW CAN AUTO-TUNE BE DEAD??!?!? cool.gif

RougeSquire Out

My group I played in had captured a suspected heretic and took him to a warehouse on the edge of a living hab.  He was tied up in a chair and was resisting questioning from our Arbitrator.  My Assassin becoming impatient draws his stub auto and applies the silencer in front of the heretic and 'asks' him nicely to answer the arbitrators questions otherwise he would shoot him in the knee cap.  The heretic spat in my assassins face so I took a full action aim at his knee cap +20, act close range +30 and a called shot at -10, with my Bs being 60 at this point in the game.  After screaming in a heretical tongue my assassin shot at his knee and rolled a 99.  I decided to use my fate point and rolled a 98, using my final fate point i rolled a 100.  We fell apart at this point as all session my assassin had being scoring perfect hits with several degrees of success.  After that my assassin has a paddy and fires his gun at a wall, hitting with 3 degrees of failure, he misses the wall and hits a metal bar, causing the bullet to ricochet off the bar and into the heretics other knee cap.  Lets just say