Cloaker

Who is passing on Saw's Renegades expansion, and why?

1 hour ago, Blail Blerg said:

what errors?

Some of the cards don't have the same wording as the same card in the conversion kit. SR Advanced Sensors doesn't block linked actions, the CK does, SR R3 doesn't have requirements, CK is Small ship only, etc.

1 hour ago, kraedin said:

Some of the cards don't have the same wording as the same card in the conversion kit. SR Advanced Sensors doesn't block linked actions, the CK does, SR R3 doesn't have requirements, CK is Small ship only, etc.

that sounds bad...?

I bought saw’s and the reaper for models and baseplates, not really disappointed there. Granted I also had $600 in store credit to burn but still are these cards really that big of a deal? How many proton torpedoes do you have from 1.0? I know I have 30 easy. Palp players put up with this for a long time after the cries for a nerf. This more than likely wasn’t slated for a 2.0 release and had to be a rush job. I am happy having an x and u wing a reaper and the ability to use them in 2.0. How many of these would have sold if it was 1.0 only? Fraction of what they sold, talking big bottom number here with a little one on top. I’d rather have rushed prints than waiting god knows how long for a 2.0 run.

22 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

I bought saw’s and the reaper for models and baseplates, not really disappointed there. Granted I also had $600 in store credit to burn but still are these cards really that big of a deal? How many proton torpedoes do you have from 1.0? I know I have 30 easy. Palp players put up with this for a long time after the cries for a nerf. This more than likely wasn’t slated for a 2.0 release and had to be a rush job. I am happy having an x and u wing a reaper and the ability to use them in 2.0. How many of these would have sold if it was 1.0 only? Fraction of what they sold, talking big bottom number here with a little one on top. I’d rather have rushed prints than waiting god knows how long for a 2.0 run.

I would not have bought them without the 2E content but am really glad I did. I am actually really tempted but the Reaper. I really dig the way it looks even more in person. One of my favorite ship designs now. 

15 minutes ago, Ayleron said:

I would not have bought them without the 2E content but am really glad I did. I am actually really tempted but the Reaper. I really dig the way it looks even more in person. One of my favorite ship designs now. 

I was surprised with how nice the Reaper model looked when I got it. It also has all kinds of applications in both editions with its ability as a troop carrier and support ship.

13 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

I haven’t passed on a single expansion so far, and I don’t intend to start now, at least not for Rebels and Empire.  I might not keep up with the other factions though, after conversion kits.

Same minus Sabine, still have never bought that and won’t but I have ties to spare and the conversion comes with it so by proxy I’ll have but never bought it ?

Also FO and Res can very much wait, there is nothing in either I can’t live without. Plus those two are gonna get hit HARD with releases. If anything can be dropped safely it’s those two. I even broke down and preordered scum too. I died a little inside but there was no point having that many ships and not use them. Took some buying power but I now have ship for ship everything in reb, imp and scum minus a second ghost and yt2400. If I see a killer sale I’ll grab the outrider but noway I’m dropping ghost money on a ship I will likely never use. I am set to start 2.0 and look forward to minimal purchases going forward. Good times ahead.

8 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Same minus Sabine, still have never bought that and won’t but I have ties to spare and the conversion comes with it so by proxy I’ll have but never bought it ?

Also FO and Res can very much wait, there is nothing in either I can’t live without. Plus those two are gonna get hit HARD with releases. If anything can be dropped safely it’s those two. I even broke down and preordered scum too. I died a little inside but there was no point having that many ships and not use them. Took some buying power but I now have ship for ship everything in reb, imp and scum minus a second ghost and yt2400. If I see a killer sale I’ll grab the outrider but noway I’m dropping ghost money on a ship I will likely never use. I am set to start 2.0 and look forward to minimal purchases going forward. Good times ahead.

I’m saving my money for the prequel factions.

To be honest I very much doubt I’ll be able to stop myself buying the sequel ones too though...

I was going to pass on it because there were some complaints about the plastic used for the ships and that it affected the aesthetics of the s-foils closing and opening, but I went and bought it anyway, and will probably buy another to have the cards to play a 1.0 five Rookie list. The plastic definitely doesn't allow the s-foils to move in quite as snappy a fashion as the 2.0 X-wing expansion models seem to, but I guess I'll just have to deal. It's a shame too because the color scheme looks awesome. I don't begrudge anybody not buying this expansion for any reason, it's got its issues. But it's nice to have my hands on some 2.0 components, even if they may be errata'd or corrected via app in the future. 

I got em. Like the Reaper and u wing models. the x-wing is kinda wonky. not really a fan of the moving wings. seems like they don't work all that great.

the cards are a bummer but I'm sure FFG will straighten it out

I got both. The TIE Reaper is an INCREDIBLE model and performed pretty well. Saw's Renegades? Well... aside from a couple pilots, it's pretty skippable. I WISH the X-Wing wings worked better. I don't know what the issue is, but they don't close or open fully on either of the X-Wings I have from the sets I bought. I wish I could pry them apart and fix them.

Never got any Sequel models, glad, I am saving a ton of money on conversion there.

Most probably I am going to hop over both Reaper and Saw. While it would be nice to already mess around with a medium base to get a feel for the maneuvring, I can wait until september, that's not that long.

Plus I am really annoyed that FFG with their bad planning once again messed up their product (compare also the C-Roc, the Jamming 1.0 Reference card etc.) while rushing it out with insufficient quality control. Half of the 2.0 content in the packs is erroneous, and they are expensive, their 1.0 content valid only for 2.5 months (club is converting to 2.0). Sorry FFG, I want value for my money.

I am playing with children as well as adults, the children get needlessly confused if there are 2 version of rules for the same card around. Plus that was supposed to be fixed with 2.0.

Had not even heard about model quality issues. If that is true, I am definitely not buying, but waiting for reprint.

I have tons of X-wings, one painted as Saw's (before expac announcement), and can wait on a Reaper, I will just proxy until reprint.