Smutpedler

Pre 2.0 clearout

I’m going to be clearing out a silly amount of cardboard focus/evade/TL tokens etc.

Do we have any official word in bomb tokens? Worth keeping all my cardboard bombs? 

Also any official word on obstacles? I’m assuming all will remain legal for organised play but not sure if I’m imagining hearing that?

28 minutes ago, period3 said:

Really?  All I ever find are cat videos and conspiracy theories.

Is that really just a cat video?  Investigate why Muffins leapt left rather that right toward the laser pointer at 2:36 into the video. Use slow mo and pause liberally.  What is in the vase on the mantle, or on the videographer’s t-shirt when you see her in the mirror’s reflection?  Why is in not reversed?  The answers you seek lie within. Dig deep. 

So far I don't see anything we have that can't be used in 2.0, minus some of the mine tokens that seem to have disappeared. We need Charge and Force tokens.

Sure, they've tweaked the art on some of the tokens, but the current ones work just fine still.

56 minutes ago, Hawkstrike said:

So far I don't see anything we have that can't be used in 2.0, minus some of the mine tokens that seem to have disappeared. We need Charge and Force tokens.

Sure, they've tweaked the art on some of the tokens, but the current ones work just fine still.

Well, the rules may specify color and shape on tokens which will have changed (ion, stress, tractor, Jam), but if you’re familiar with the new design it shouldn’t be a problem.

30 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Well, the rules may specify color and shape on tokens which will have changed (ion, stress, tractor, Jam), but if you’re familiar with the new design it shouldn’t be a problem.

I think the shade and color won't be specified in the rules, despite the handiness of those characteristics. My reasoning is prize tokens and custom tokens: they don't want to exclude those.

6 minutes ago, Incard said:

I think the shade and color won't be specified in the rules, despite the handiness of those characteristics. My reasoning is prize tokens and custom tokens: they don't want to exclude those.

But they’ve already said all circular tokens are removed and squares persist. It’s in the rule book we’ve seen on Reddit 

4 minutes ago, Incard said:

There are already cards that mention green tokens in their abilities: Old Teroch, Captain Feroph, Major Vermeil, Darth Vader crew and Dengar gunner. I could swear that I've seen other references to blue, red and orange tokens as well.

3 hours ago, Smutpedler said:

I’m going to be clearing out a silly amount of cardboard focus/evade/TL tokens etc.

Do we have any official word in bomb tokens? Worth keeping all my cardboard bombs? 

Also any official word on obstacles? I’m assuming all will remain legal for organised play but not sure if I’m imagining hearing that?

the rebel conversion kit doesn't have any cluster mines so probably safe to say they are gone

13 hours ago, Smutpedler said:

Conversion kit doesn’t have the bomb tokens so those will most likely have value to players converting into 2.0 w/o 1.0 cardboard (like myself)

obstacles in the core set are 3 asteroids and 3  debris fields. And all 1.0 asteroids and debris fields will be tournament legal so some players might want to buy those as well

13 hours ago, Incard said:

@ClassicalMoser @Nspace I suppose I should have said I don't think the rules will prevent the use of alternative tokens, including those given as prizes, custom tokens, and even regular 1st Ed tokens. 

I’m hoping this to be the case as it’s taken me a long while to build up all my acrylic/metal tokens. I’ll be pretty disappointed to bin those too.

4 hours ago, fiddybucks said:

Conversion kit doesn’t have the bomb tokens so those will most likely have value to players converting into 2.0 w/o 1.0 cardboard (like myself)

obstacles in the core set are 3 asteroids and 3  debris fields. And all 1.0 asteroids and debris fields will be tournament legal so some players might want to buy those as well

I actually never thought about resale value. I was mainly keeping my 4 core sets worth of rocks as spares. Interesting thought, thanks.

All obstacles will remain legal. The devs have said this a couple of times on stream.

As for Bomb tokens, the rebel conversion kit leak seems to indicate that there are no bomb tokens in the conversion kits, so you'd better hang onto them for the time being.

Regarding tokens, although nothing has been officially stated, I doubt there will be an issue using alternate tokens where there's no risk of confusion (the alternate shape or color doesn't mean anything in X-wing 2.0, like the oval Focus or triangular Stress tokens). 

When some confusion might be caused (token has a color or shape that means something in X-wing 2.0 but is incorrect, like the square Tractor Beam tokens), it might not be allowed. 

Makes for good art.  I've been making nameplates for my co-workers with target locks and other tokens.  I'm also working on covering my dice tray in cardboard.  Shucks, y'gotta do something to pass the time... Might as well have fun with your garbage.  You can also use all that punchboard for scenery bits in Legion. 

We may be playing in a galaxy far, far away; but our own planet wouldn't mind one less cardboard laser from a thousand tiny death stars.  

12 hours ago, LordBlades said:

Regarding tokens, although nothing has been officially stated, I doubt there will be an issue using alternate tokens where there's no risk of confusion (the alternate shape or color doesn't mean anything in X-wing 2.0, like the oval Focus or triangular Stress tokens). 

When some confusion might be caused (token has a color or shape that means something in X-wing 2.0 but is incorrect, like the square Tractor Beam tokens), it might not be allowed. 

I guess it's going to be no different from using third party tokens to some extent. At a local level, and with consent from your opponent, it shouldn't be an issue but best to be prepared for store champs and above.

9 hours ago, thebrettski said:

Makes for good art.  I've been making nameplates for my co-workers with target locks and other tokens.  I'm also working on covering my dice tray in cardboard.  Shucks, y'gotta do something to pass the time... Might as well have fun with your garbage.  You can also use all that punchboard for scenery bits in Legion. 

We may be playing in a galaxy far, far away; but our own planet wouldn't mind one less cardboard laser from a thousand tiny death stars.  

I was planning on doing something with my obsolete upgrade and pilot cards when the time finally hits. Really couldn't be bothered to get creative with hundreds of focus and evade tokens :P

On 6/23/2018 at 11:06 PM, Skandranon said:

the rebel conversion kit doesn't have any cluster mines so probably safe to say they are gone

It's a conversion kit, so no need to give you more bomb tokens if they have not changed. They could still be in the game. 

24 minutes ago, Dwing said:

It's a conversion kit, so no need to give you more bomb tokens if they have not changed. They could still be in the game. 

The Rules for them were not on the sheet with the other bomb rules.

2 hours ago, Dwing said:

I didnt mean they don't have the cardboard in them, I meant there was no conversion card for them.

43 minutes ago, Skandranon said:

I didnt mean they don't have the cardboard in them, I meant there was no conversion card for them.

The card might come later with a future release. Not saying it will, I would just hold onto the cardboard for now.