Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ronu

Reapers and Strikers

Recommended Posts

So we all saw the combo and drooled. So for those who have had a chance to fly it now; How well do they work together? Does the Reaper seem to be stronger than say a Punisher which is closest to the Reaper in stats? Is it really working well as a maneuvering shuttle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I’m waffling between 3x strikers plus a yorr lambda or a scariff base pilot.  Yorr seems stronger on paper letting you coordinate with tactical officer and pull adrenaline rush style maneuvers turn after turn with electronic baffle and inspiring recruit while opening Dutchess to VI and sabacc to crack shot.  

The scariff base pilot means your taking adrenaline rush with dutchess and sabacc, but does have that sweet dial plus advanced ailerons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PhantomFO said:

It's gonna bug me so much in 2.0 when the Reaper is moving so much faster than its escorts while doing the same maneuvers.

...

so don’t dial in the same maneuvers. Dial in your strikers 1 speed faster than the Reaper and they will keep pace with each other (medium base: +1/2 a ship length for the airelons +1/2 length for the regular maneuver = 1 ship length) just like flying small and large ships together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

...

so don’t dial in the same maneuvers. Dial in your strikers 1 speed faster than the Reaper and they will keep pace with each other (medium base: +1/2 a ship length for the airelons +1/2 length for the regular maneuver = 1 ship length) just like flying small and large ships together. 

Actually, this is really cool in 2nd edition for strikers + reapers. They are the only combination of small + medium ships that can truly fly in formation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

...

so don’t dial in the same maneuvers. Dial in your strikers 1 speed faster than the Reaper and they will keep pace with each other (medium base: +1/2 a ship length for the airelons +1/2 length for the regular maneuver = 1 ship length) just like flying small and large ships together. 

Doesn't work unfortunately. The Medium base is actually like 1.6 base lengths. It won't make much difference in one move, but especially since you're executing two maneuvers a turn, the difference is going to add up fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Squark said:

Doesn't work unfortunately. The Medium base is actually like 1.6 base lengths. It won't make much difference in one move, but especially since you're executing two maneuvers a turn, the difference is going to add up fast.

This isn't actually true! I was surprised when I saw this: 

5de126c7d9211b771055f806413f7d5f.jpg

e8abbb0ecac2d5de118dce4bafc9fcd8.jpg

I think those pictures we all saw here of the cardboards were misleading because those weren't of a finished product, and the cardboards are different sizes than the plastic

Edited by Kieransi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2018 at 11:39 PM, Kieransi said:

This isn't actually true! I was surprised when I saw this: 

5de126c7d9211b771055f806413f7d5f.jpg

e8abbb0ecac2d5de118dce4bafc9fcd8.jpg

I think those pictures we all saw here of the cardboards were misleading because those weren't of a finished product, and the cardboards are different sizes than the plastic

Huh. Tolerance must be weird, because my medium bases are indeed 1.6 base lengths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Herowannabe said:

Are you sure it’s your bases and not your range rulers that are slightly off?

I checked the medium bases against small bases as well as maneuver templates after checking them against a small base. I'll post pictures once I get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...