Jump to content
ryanjamal

New Tyrants of Lothal Campaign Article Up!

Recommended Posts

kinda liking 1701's style of fighting in that he can dish out damage to foes that are trying to advance or he can lock down an area with a barrage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DonFrag said:

Well with this Number, this Clone is boldy going, where no clone has gone before....

yep when I saw the initial teaser for this expansion i immediately saw that reference :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Woo, can't wait to check it out!

 

Image result for yippee  anakin

 

 

Not gonna lie... I can't wait to use Limitless Arsenal to give really strong attacks to stupidly small units like ugnaughts and Jawas.

 

Really liking the campaign story description.  "Defending a stolen ATAT" sounds like fun!

 

Edited by subtrendy2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Woo, can't wait to check it out!

 

Image result for yippee  anakin

 

 

Not gonna lie... I can't wait to use Limitless Arsenal to give really strong attacks to stupidly small units like ugnaughts and Jawas.

 

Really liking the campaign story description.  "Defending a stolen ATAT" sounds like fun!

 

Maybe you can explain it for me then...
How do you put power tokens on undeployed units? It specifically says "in your hand", which I take to mean units that have not been deployed, and the article makes a big deal out of getting benefits from not-yet-deployed reinforcements. How would they ever have power tokens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tomkat364 said:

Maybe you can explain it for me then...
How do you put power tokens on undeployed units? It specifically says "in your hand", which I take to mean units that have not been deployed, and the article makes a big deal out of getting benefits from not-yet-deployed reinforcements. How would they ever have power tokens?

I was super confused by this too, but it looks like the deck uses power tokens as markers to let you designate certain deployment cards in your hand for other abilities. If you look at the 4xp card, it lets you replace an attacking figure's attack dice with the attack pool from a group in your hand that has a power token on it. 

Important to note is that they have not shown us the 0xp card for this class deck, so we don't know that the starting ability is yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, tomkat364 said:

Maybe you can explain it for me then...
How do you put power tokens on undeployed units? It specifically says "in your hand", which I take to mean units that have not been deployed, and the article makes a big deal out of getting benefits from not-yet-deployed reinforcements. How would they ever have power tokens?

Rereading your post, I think you may have missed the "Redouble our Efforts" card, which lets you place power tokens onto deployment cards in your hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tvboy said:

Rereading your post, I think you may have missed the "Redouble our Efforts" card, which lets you place power tokens onto deployment cards in your hand. 

does that mean hand cards' that are deployed on the table?  because holding power tokens and cards  in your hand is going to be a pain.  

 

perhaps the word 'Hand'represents the cards you brought in as open groups... that way you could not power up a reserved card

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The imperial player's hand of deployment cards does not include reserved groups. Whether the cards are physically in your hand is another thing - I don't think any imperial player holds them in their hands for the duration of the mission.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Clone Trooper looks pretty solid to me; fairly easy to play and just solidly useful in the game. The Barrage ability seems a bit expensive (2 strain) in light of the extra white Defense Die awarded the second target (am I exaggerating the usefulness of a white Defense Die?), but I'm sure this ability gets some nifty upgrades with Wildfire's class cards :) I have one player who will absolutely fall completely in love with this guy so I am very much looking forward to this box. I really like that this guy isn't very rules clunky and fiddly. Cool stuff!

 

It is a bit weird, however, that the Loth-Cats ("Lolcats" anyone?) can interact... Did they do anything like this in Rebels? (Can't remember)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, angelman2 said:

The Clone Trooper looks pretty solid to me; fairly easy to play and just solidly useful in the game. The Barrage ability seems a bit expensive (2 strain) in light of the extra white Defense Die awarded the second target (am I exaggerating the usefulness of a white Defense Die?), but I'm sure this ability gets some nifty upgrades with Wildfire's class cards :) I have one player who will absolutely fall completely in love with this guy so I am very much looking forward to this box. I really like that this guy isn't very rules clunky and fiddly. Cool stuff!

Well, performing an extra attack lets you spend your power tokens more quickly, and this guy looks like he will have a lot of power tokens. The white defense die will often reduce the damage of the attack by 1-2, which makes it pretty reasonable for a starting ability.

It looks like this guy is a perfect candidate for this gun:

http://cards.boardwars.eu/Expansion-Boxes/Heart-of-the-Empire/Rebel Upgrades/Tier 3/A-12+Sniper+Rifle.jpg

It's pretty much made for him ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, angelman2 said:

It is a bit weird, however, that the Loth-Cats ("Lolcats" anyone?) can interact... Did they do anything like this in Rebels? (Can't remember)

Well, they are cats.  Those little buggers interact with everything. Humorous that it grants a strain.

NEEDZ MOAR LOTHKATZ!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Majushi said:

Anyone else annoyed that the mission preview shows deployment points?

Yeah. To be honest, the whole article has a bit of a rushed vibe.

Don't get me wrong, totally stoked to have some news, but the lazy copy/paste of a campaign mission map overview, and the fact it mentioned "taking stress" (i.e. not stamina, clearly someones been working on x-wing stuff), just makes it feel a bit "right, we better push an article out to keep them happy"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawkstrike said:

Well, they are cats.  Those little buggers interact with everything. Humorous that it grants a strain.

NEEDZ MOAR LOTHKATZ!!!!

eLoth 6

eLoth 6

eNexu 6

Rancor 10

Beast Tamer 1

Temp Alliance 1

3PO 2

Gideon 3

Clawdite 4

Devious Scheme 1

Everything gets tokens and focus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

eLoth 6

eLoth 6

eNexu 6

Rancor 10

Beast Tamer 1

Temp Alliance 1

3PO 2

Gideon 3

Clawdite 4

Devious Scheme 1

Everything gets tokens and focus

Insufficient Lothcattage in that list. MOAR!

(How many do we think we're getting in the box, anyway?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Hawkstrike said:

Insufficient Lothcattage in that list. MOAR!

(How many do we think we're getting in the box, anyway?)

you're  probably right,

I think we'll get 4 bases worth  of miniatures, 2 regular cards and one elite card.  I really wish they were a little bit cheaper to deploy though.  Elite Speed 5 and +2 is awesome but 3 points every time one dies is tough, if they were 5pts to put into a list it would be easier to swallow.  Now if they would fix the wookiees.

Edited by buckero0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nexu and Lothcat pals could be a huge annoyance in campaign... the Nexu is hard enough to take down as it is without block or evade power tokens, and even the regular Loth cats hit hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

you're  probably right,

I think we'll get 4 bases worth  of miniatures, 2 regular cards and one elite card.  I really wish they were a little bit cheaper to deploy though.  Elite Speed 5 and +2 is awesome but 3 points every time one dies is tough, if they were 5pts to put into a list it would be easier to swallow.  Now if they would fix the wookiees.

Man, not enough. Would it kill them to give us two elite cards if we have two units worth of figures? I can't believe I'm actually tempted to buy two boxes just because I want to run a silly Lothcat swarm...

5 points would be much better pricing.  I don't think these guys are going to break anything.

NEEDZ MOAR LOTHKATZ!! FFG I CAN HAZ MOAR LOTHKATZ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×