patox

Sole reason Solo flopped

3 hours ago, ViscerothSWG said:

Just saw something about all future spin off movies being cancelled. Is it true?

I found a source. 

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/star-wars-every-confirmed-rumored-and-now-canceled-movie-and-tv-show-on-the-way-a161550

This gives SWG ships a better chance to be released sooner. Less movie ships to force into the line up. So it's bittersweet for me.

8 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

That is not a proper source, these guys aren't referring to anything reputable. Meanwhile Lucasfilm has refuted these rumors.

Screenrant and others are saying the same. That the stand alones are all on hold.

Can't find a Disney rep saying it though.

Edited by ViscerothSWG

1 minute ago, ViscerothSWG said:

Screenrant and others are saying the same. That the stand alones are all on hold.

Can't find a Disney rep saying it though.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/06/21/lucasfilm-says-multiple-star-wars-standalone-movies-still-in-development?abthid=5b2c12ed070a13093600027f

Quoting ABC news who have the information from Lucasfilm directly. There may very well be changes to the release format and the way the upcoming movies are produced, but they have not categoricaly been put on ice.

5 hours ago, ViscerothSWG said:

I found a source. 

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/star-wars-every-confirmed-rumored-and-now-canceled-movie-and-tv-show-on-the-way-a161550

This gives SWG ships a better chance to be released sooner. Less movie ships to force into the line up. So it's bittersweet for me.

Still have Resistance this Fall, and that live action show starting next year.

3 hours ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/06/21/lucasfilm-says-multiple-star-wars-standalone-movies-still-in-development?abthid=5b2c12ed070a13093600027f

Quoting ABC news who have the information from Lucasfilm directly. There may very well be changes to the release format and the way the upcoming movies are produced, but they have not categoricaly been put on ice.

Hopefully that means there will be less problems behind the scenes then.

54 minutes ago, Robin Graves said:

I'm pretty sure an energy that surrounds and binds us doesn't have a sex.  :D

Things are bad enough as it is without people arguing if the dark side is male or female.That discussion won't end well...

Well said

4 hours ago, Robin Graves said:

Things are bad enough as it is without people arguing if the dark side is male or female.That discussion won't end well...

Yeah!  What, is this Wheel of Time all of a sudden?

Have to say I'm a pretty big Star Wars geek. Still haven't seen solo because of VII and VIII.  

I liked Rogue one and I will give Solo a try eventually, but they can't expect instant money and loyalty when they produce subpar material.  Not hating, just being honest.  Focus on the story and the plot before the pretty splosions, lens flares, and uncompelling protagonists/antagonists.

Edited by Cr0aker

On 6/22/2018 at 7:09 PM, Robin Graves said:

I don’t believe anyone was suggesting an addition to the canon.

3 hours ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Do you think canceled and low-budget films are going to be better? Because that’s what you’re voting for here.

If you were going to produce crap and only count on brand loyalty why would you spend a lot of money on it?

If they want ROI, there needs to be a change towards better quality over quantity or speed.  

That old adage about you can have it fast, cheap, or done right. But you only get two of the three.

1 hour ago, Cr0aker said:

If you were going to produce crap and only count on brand loyalty why would you spend a lot of money on it?

If they want ROI, there needs to be a change towards better quality over quantity or speed.  

That old adage about you can have it fast, cheap, or done right. But you only get two of the three.

But that’s just it, virtually everyone who has actually SEEN Solo has liked it, it’s only the people like you that are bad mouthing the franchise based on the previous movie. 

If you didn’t like Rogue One I can see not going to see Solo. If you didn’t like TFA or TLJ I can see not going to see ep9, but if you have liked RO(which you said you did) but are refusing to go see Solo because of the latest trilogy film, that doesn’t make sense. What you’re doing is telling them to not make more Rogue One style movies and stick with the trilogies, because TLJ still made money. 

On 6/22/2018 at 7:47 PM, TasteTheRainbow said:

This makes no sense at all. 

Which part is confusing to you? Do you miss the irony of TLJ telling us to let the past die and no one went to see the movie set in the "past" of Star Wars? Or do you not understand that after the cinematic travesty of TLJ and the bad-mouthing of fans who didn't like TLJ a ticket to "Solo" is just something I'm not buying.