Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Blaw blaw blaw Friday ,,,,,, or something

Officer Upgrade

PR-Officer (-20 points) 

If asked, you have to explain at great length what exactly you plan to do with this ship in the following rounds, so that even the whiniest opponent doesn't have to blurt out every minute or so that he was out of the loop and your current Armada game was dead...

In future releases of the Gozanti Imperial Assault Carriers, unless they are going to release it as a standalone ship expansion (which they shouldn’t), I would like to see one of the models be an IGV-55 Surveillance Vessel. No change in stats, but they would look cooler onbthe table.

I'd love to see some sub-factions released, like theme forces for various Rebel cells or different Imperial sector forces. I don't need to see Chimaera-style new paint jobs, but I wouldn't say no.

CR-90s, but alternate sculpts with some other similar corvettes.

Actually I like the idea of squadrons basically working with base contact. Not tried yet but a new campaign with the new rules and all squadrons cards and keyword erratas would be a cool way to introduce it without a whole 2.0. 

- If necessary of course -

Rules for shots! (not necessarily of the alcoholic variety!) ... along the lines of the drinking chess where you can drink the shot if your ship /sqn is killed (you want to get plastered /get the kid to drink more fruit drinks) or you drink what you kill...

released with a new VSD that has barrel rolled so is upside down giving you a surface you put several shot glasses 

EDIT -  no so jokey suggestion.... scewed balance games, eg 500 pts of Imperials V 300 pts rebels with rebels being the first player going after a known (before list building) objective.  150 points of Imperials in reserve (hyperspace assault).  Released with a non map campaign box containg Imperial cards for ships that the rebs have stolen (Y-wings, Neb-bs etc)

Edited by slasher956

14 hours ago, Cubanboy said:

Hello and welcome to Friday fun time,

What is something you want FFG to change and re-release with a ship model?

example engines that have lights in them which you can turn on and off.

Well, I've been harping on these for a long time, so I may as well continue. 

FFG should begin releasing acrylic parts for all the cardboard their games come with. Simple fact is, the punch and ink work done by FFG is atrocious. I scanned my ship tokens in to get a good look at 'em. You do not want to know how many had off-center punches or misaligned arc lines/ LoS dots. I'm entirely convinced the entire run of Mc80Ls are misprinted I've looked at literally dozens of pictures from all over the world, all of them were flawed. It's almost disgusting how inaccurate this game is allowed to be. 

Which leads me to my second point. 

Armada is not a precision game. It has all the design ideas to be one, with LoS dots and strict arc lines, but implemented physically there are just too many flaws, either in production or during play. FFG should invest in a digital version of this game across all consoles, PCs, and operating systems. Digital expansions could work the same way physical ones do, minus all the issues with distribution and production. They could even add coupons or copies of the digital expansion in the physical expansions to maintain the physical game is kept alive. Doing this would allow the game to maintain the precision it's designed to have, and may even snag a larger community of players by breaking the game out of a tabletop-only niche. 

12 hours ago, JadinED said:

Officer Upgrade

PR-Officer (-20 points) 

If asked, you have to explain at great length what exactly you plan to do with this ship in the following rounds, so that even the whiniest opponent doesn't have to blurt out every minute or so that he was out of the loop and your current Armada game was dead...

I work in a hospital. For me, PR means something else.

5 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Well, I've been harping on these for a long time, so I may as well continue. 

FFG should begin releasing acrylic parts for all the cardboard their games come with. Simple fact is, the punch and ink work done by FFG is atrocious. I scanned my ship tokens in to get a good look at 'em. You do not want to know how many had off-center punches or misaligned arc lines/ LoS dots. I'm entirely convinced the entire run of Mc80Ls are misprinted I've looked at literally dozens of pictures from all over the world, all of them were flawed. It's almost disgusting how inaccurate this game is allowed to be. 

It’s a design feature to represent the artistry of the mon Cala people