7 hours ago, Rouxxor said:

That is the first time for our game that we HAVE to order directly to FFG. As a result it will cost me twice the price of the product if I want to order it. And I even can't make a big order for many people in my country... because there is a 3 exemplary limit. It is insulting at many level: no distribution using partners... some strangers like FFG France, no real position to say if those heroes are exclusive or not, a playmat already been made 2 times.

Before you draw your pitchfork read the post in detail. It clearly says "These heroes will eventually enter The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game through standard products" 

In short, this limited edition only brings nice bling bling. All of the game components will be available afterwards. You find the price (or shipping) too high? Then don't buy. They didn't go via the usual retail because they will make a much smaller print run (and a smaller 

14 minutes ago, Kalrhin said:

Before you draw your pitchfork read the post in detail. It clearly says "These heroes will eventually enter The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game through standard products" 

In short, this limited edition only brings nice bling bling. All of the game components will be available afterwards. You find the price (or shipping) too high? Then don't buy. They didn't go via the usual retail because they will make a much smaller print run (and a smaller 

The quests are not part of the bling, and I don't recall seeing any mention of those being available later.

Edited by TalisDiorn

1 minute ago, TalisDiorn said:

The quests are not part of the bling, and I don't recall seeing any mention of those being available later.

Why would they spend time making decks if they are not going to sell them afterwards?

I agree it is not specifically said bit...when has FFG made exclusive content for Lotr LCG? All of their hard to find quests (like Gen Con missions) have been eventually made available via PoD. Why would this be an exception?

21 minutes ago, Kalrhin said:

Why would they spend time making decks if they are not going to sell them afterwards?

I agree it is not specifically said bit...when has FFG made exclusive content for Lotr LCG? All of their hard to find quests (like Gen Con missions) have been eventually made available via PoD. Why would this be an exception?

I'm not saying they won't be available, but you stated it as fact that they will be.  I don't think we can make that jump at this time.

For the record, I hope you are correct.  ?

5 minutes ago, TalisDiorn said:

I'm not saying they won't be available, but you stated it as fact that they will be.  I don't think we can make that jump at this time.

For the record, I hope you are correct.  ?

They have not stated that the game will come with the tokens needed to play the game either...but they simply cannot state everything. You have to read between the lines, use common sense and look at the past behaviour. 

30 minutes ago, Kalrhin said:

They have not stated that the game will come with the tokens needed to play the game either...but they simply cannot state everything. You have to read between the lines, use common sense and look at the past behaviour. 

You stated: "All of the game components will be available afterwards."

You can say "read between the lines, use common sense and look at the past behaviour" all you want.  That is fine.  But you simply cannot state this as fact.  You can say that you believe this is the case, or that it is probable, if you want. That is fine.  But there is no guarantee that it will happen.  

I have stated my opinion, and you have stated yours.  I have nothing else to say on the matter, and as I said before, I hope you are right. 

This isn't for me as I'm not into the online game but I do wish FFG/FFI all the luck in the world and hope it succeeds. If the two adventures turn up separately as PODS I'll happily buy them.

I am finding the revised card designs rather beautiful, although for consistency sake I would probably struggle to buy different designs from those I already have. 

I won't buy this pack.

Reason:

1. I don't play the digital version,

2. The 2 heroes could be get through the regular products.

3. The Alternate Art or big picture makes no sense to me.

4. The 2 quests are not worth that much dollars. Although I even bought 3 copies of the epic pod quests, but this kind of binding-selling is unacceptable to me.

5. In China, the best quality one ring is about $15.(Made buy gild Tungsten)

According to the news "State of LCGs", each LCG will have their own special things(mostly meant way of selling). If for LotR, the way is to bind many things to only one pack of few cards the core players need, and sell for nearly 100 dollars, I'll quit.

I wanted to preorder this, but after I saw shipping fee (56€) then i resigned.

I was intrested mostly in digital content, but i was ok with physical also. But with cost over 150€ i have to resign, but ...

There is a way to make happy digital and physical buyers, for example if someone is intrested in physical stuff, I can buyout digital stuff from him and everyone will be happy right?

14 hours ago, bunglebb said:

Also, the game is listed as 'free to play' on steam, so.. this is just for the physical stuff and a few days (? weeks? ) of early playtime, right?

Just for the record, this include every content from the three founder’s packs for the digital game. That’s about 55$ worth of digital content. Meaning you’re buying the physical part for “only” 45$.

I don’t play the physical version of the game, but I do intend to play the digital game. Surely will pick up a founder’s pack. So this bundle is really interesting to me. Getting digital content that I was going to buy anyway (not all at once, but eventually) and also a stand-alone physical game for two (plus some neat extras)? It’s a good deal, at least for new players.

Or it could be, if this were sold in FLGS. As it is, the shipping costs are 50$ for me, so it’s totally inviable. A pity. 

I rather wish the physical stuff could be bought separately. I will probably try out the digital game, but I'm not too keen on mega-bundles that are completely exclusive. Thankfully the two new heroes will be released at some point anyway, and they do look quite tempting. More excited by Gildor, but that's because I burnt out on dwarves early in the game. Must try them again soon. The shipping costs are a bit prohibitive (UK based). Oh well.

Still no news about the second half of the new cycle. I would quite like more on that!

I find it too expensive not to mention that in Greece it will go through customs office and most probably will have to pay 50% more... I will just hope they will have the cards in normal expansions

I am not very interested in playing the digital game unless it is released on Android or Switch. But I do think that the package is a great value if you consider the cost of each item. I pre-ordered.

An important point that seems to be missing from this discussion is that FFG allows you to cancel preorders. That is very considerate of their customers. Better to preorder, wait for more information, and cancel later than to wait without ordering and miss your opportunity. Even if the preorder could not be cancelled,you could always resell.

8 hours ago, Kalrhin said:

They have not stated that the game will come with the tokens needed to play the game either

Well . . . "If you're new to the game, this set contains everything you need to start playing The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game, including two pre-built player decks constructed from previously released cards, and all the tokens and rules that you need to get started."

I think a smart move by FFG would have been to make this an available product, so new players could immediately have what they need to play the digital and tabletop games.

Edited by Wandalf the Gizzard
-

Is there a good place to get information on the digital version? All I know is that it’s quite different from the physical game, and I haven’t had much luck finding any info beyond that.

I mean if I don’t even know what founder’s packs do for this game why preorder a bundle with all of them?

I guess I’m on the fence at this point.

2 hours ago, TheSpitfired said:

Is there a good place to get information on the digital version? All I know is that it’s quite different from the physical game, and I haven’t had much luck finding any info beyond that.

I mean if I don’t even know what founder’s packs do for this game why preorder a bundle with all of them?

I guess I’m on the fence at this point.

http://www.fantasyflightinteractive.com/the-lord-of-the-rings-living-card-game.html

For the Founder’s Pack:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/509580/announcements/detail/1643123340281580858

On 6/21/2018 at 2:17 PM, tripecac said:

I think it's a clever marketing move, offering something for both the digital and physical formats, potentially getting people hooked on both.  Even if I end up not liking the digital version, I applaud the company for thinking "outside the box", and for also encouraging us to do the same.

For me, even with the $54.74 USD shipping to New Zealand, this was a no-brainer.

As someone who has never played the game but always wanted to and play a lot of IOS board games I am very interested in this for the above reason. Pricey though but cool dual concept. 

Yes I agree with Wandalf, it is great value if you plan on playing both games, it's a smart marketing move,in a lot of ways, the whole idea of this is obviously to get players interested in the version they don't play.  The hero spoilers is pretty exciting, and I love the way these alternate art cards look. They showcase the Art so much better. I'm really not sure what to do, I don't really want to spend $120 or $130 on mostly things that I will not use. Basically I'm getting the alternate art cards, as well as two Adventure Packs, the heroes I'll get soon anyhow. I do think that it's unlikely they will have developed two Quests, given the time it takes to do so, if they don't plan on releasing as print-on-demand later at some point. So I'm just hoping for that.

Hello Everyone.

I have a couple of questions regarding this pre-order. 

- What is the deadline for ordering this pre-order?

- Will it be exclusively sell only via FFG online store or it will be distributed also to shops in EU ( there are some comments that simply the costs of shipping from US are too high - even 50% of the price of the preorder).

This preorder is a great idea but without any EU based shop who will sell this product only hardcore players will buy (instead of new one which I assume were initial target for this product).

I will be really grateful for any additional information and answers to my questions.

You can preorder as long as the CE isn‘t released. BUT FFG has said that they have a limited supply so if you want one better Order sooner than later. Note: Even when preordering something without limited supply FFG doesn‘t garantee they can fulfill the preorder if you order too close to release. 

The only way to get the CE is via FFG. No other distribution is planned so far. Your best way to save shipping is to order three copies (e.g. for you and two friends) and split shipping by 3. As the supply is limited you can‘t order more than Three copies. Sadly there is no better solution I know of :(