Boba Rick

Counter to X-Wing Swarm?

5 minutes ago, flooze said:

I get it. Not against the list per se, just think that against 5X you will have a hard time. 15 red dice and 30hp is tough

Yeah, I'm definitely going with Joustero.  If they try and chase Nym down he'll leave bombs for them too.

12 minutes ago, Boba Rick said:

Well, that list was originally designed (and successful against) 4BQD when it was high up in the meta.  Basically Asajj tractors someone into Boba's range one and Boba just melts it.  If a nasty alpha is incoming pop stims and countermeasures.

Not sure you can compare 3BQD vs Boba Asajj and 5x vs it.

For starters, there's 1 extra ship in the 5x list.  Second, they are all throwing one more red dice than the 3 boats at range 1.  You have a better chance of pushing damage through vs the 2 dice primary of gunboats if Boba/Asaaj get range 1 on you.  Finally, they can all K-turn or Talon roll to get you back into arc after the joust while the boats have to disengage.  They can keep fire on your easier.  I don't think BobaAsajj fairs well in this matchup.

Edited by viedit

39 minutes ago, Chumbalaya said:

Oh no, somebody got PS2 firing arcs in my bomb turret game!   How am I supposed to bomb and turret now?  Firing arcs don't belong in X-Wing!

Not really, not for me at least.  I normally fly single-arc small based ships, but I know there's going to be a ton of them there so I thought I'd bring a counter.  Last tournament I brought Hatchetman Vynder, a PS1 Defender, and Quickdraw.

Love your show.

"Howlrunner" (18)
Crack Shot (1)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Black Squadron Pilot (14)
Crack Shot (1)

Crack Shot (1)

Crack Shot (1)

Crack Shot (1)

Crack Shot (1)

Total: 98

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Shoot first, eliminate at least 1 Xwing, keep biggs Howlrunner at long range, and use your lucky dice.