MaxPower

[1.0] How are the new x-wings doing?

1 minute ago, Aurianna De'Chardains said:

Got my 2 copies of Saw's Renegades today. I Ran a squadron of Five X-wings with  Rookie Pilot, Renegade Refit, Servomoters S-foils, Integrated Astromech (I Have 4), And R5 Astromech (I have 3) . 98 points. Was awesome to have five T-65s on the board.

FIVE.  ROOKIE.  PILOTS.

I like the sound of that.

51 minutes ago, Aurianna De'Chardains said:

Got my 2 copies of Saw's Renegades today. I Ran a squadron of Five X-wings with  Rookie Pilot, Renegade Refit, Servomoters S-foils, Integrated Astromech (I Have 4), And R5 Astromech (I have 3) . 98 points. Was awesome to have five T-65s on the board.

Awesome to hear! How did it do?

49 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

FIVE.  ROOKIE.  PILOTS.

I like the sound of that.

Well, I'm trying 5trikers versus a quintet of rookies in essentially a rerun of scarif next week. I guess it'd only be appropriate for you to try out FIVE. CARTEL. MARAUDERS (now with all the Vaksai fixin's) against their rebel counterpart....

Also looking forward to experimenting with the Striker That Ate All The Pies.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

47 minutes ago, Aurianna De'Chardains said:

I’ve another 5 hours of work to get through before I get mine.... 2 copies also. Had to be done. 

Cant wait to both use and go up against so many x wings! 

Can confirm that TLT is still broken against the poor Xwing.  Harpoons aren't as bad.  5 Xwings can do very, very bad things to many lists.  They won't win any tournaments of consequence due to the combombo and TLT brokenness but they are lots of fun.

Too bad multispectrum camo is unique.  Would give 5 Kirhaxzghdlkj's a little extra.

Edit to add:  I really just want to punch somebody right in the face over TLT.  It was known to be OP before release and it never, ever got addressed.  So.  Freaking. Annoying. 

"You know what this game needs?  A super reliable way to cause damage without ever facing the enemy.  That sounds fun..."

Edited by gamblertuba

5 hours ago, LordBlades said:

I ran into a couple of lists with the new X-Wings on Vassal and I wasn't very impressed. 

You get some nice tricks and the ship is obviously better than before, but at the end of the day it's still an X-Wing and thus melts like hot butter to TLTs and Harpoons.

"You get some nice tricks and the ship is obviously better than before, but at the end of the day it's still an X-Wing and thus melts like hot butter to cancerous bulls**t."

There we go, fixed that for yah.

I've been proxying the refit into my favorite list for the last month of play with whomever will allow me. Wedge is silly fun. I run him Expertise, Refit, Servos, Integrated, flightdrunk astromech. he is very slippery and benefits from the roll quite a bit. I've only closed the foils once for the boost when I knew I would need it and flight assist wouldn't trigger. the points reduction (saves 3 points essentially) was enough for me to shove Moldy Crow on Jan Ors which really helps with her offensive and defensive capabilities. She lives a bit longer now and hits more shots for sure, less "decision" making in the mid game when she is entering it with a stack of focus.

Wedge Antilles (29)
Expertise (4)
Renegade Refit (-2)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Norra Wexley (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Rey (2)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

Jan Ors (25)
Adaptability (0)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Nien Nunb (1)
Moldy Crow (3)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

it has a ton of offense, tears apart nearly anything that it looks at. Wedge is living a tad bit longer, but almost never has mods for defense. 

I'm more interested in what the U-Wing can do now... wishing the 90 degree stop made it into 1st edition. 

4 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

Can confirm that TLT is still broken against the poor Xwing.  Harpoons aren't as bad.  5 Xwings can do very, very bad things to many lists.  They won't win any tournaments of consequence due to the combombo and TLT brokenness but they are lots of fun.

Too bad multispectrum camo is unique.  Would give 5 Kirhaxzghdlkj's a little extra.

Edit to add:  I really just want to punch somebody right in the face over TLT.  It was known to be OP before release and it never, ever got addressed.  So.  Freaking. Annoying. 

"You know what this game needs?  A super reliable way to cause damage without ever facing the enemy.  That sounds fun..."

To be fair to the developers, I don't think it was known to be OP before release. During playtesting they had someone else running the calculations on how cost effective it would be, and got input that it was OK.  After it was announced I ran my own numbers (I have never been in playtesting), and came to a very different conclusion. But the developers' hands were tied by that point. I agree that some sort of errata would have been appropriate several months in, once it became clear to the mainstream that it was too good.

23 minutes ago, Frostthorn said:

"You get some nice tricks and the ship is obviously better than before, but at the end of the day it's still an X-Wing and thus melts like hot butter to cancerous bulls**t."

There we go, fixed that for yah.

Your point is? 

Ran a list consisting of:

4x Cavern Angels Zealot with Crack Shot, Renegade Refit, Servomotor S-Foils, R2 Astromech, and Integrated Astromech

AP-5 with Inspiring Recruit

Could have easily swapped out the R2s for Flight-Assist Astromechs, but I was initially concerned about stress-clearing. With AP-5 involved it's less of an issue, though. 

At PS1, it's mostly about setting up overlapping arcs of fire which isn't too hard with five ships. Fourteen dice with four Crack Shots when you can focus fire is a pretty good way to burn down a low-agility target. 

19 minutes ago, LordBlades said:

Your point is? 

Think you may be more impressed and notice a positive change to a ship if you weren't jumping up and down on your "I win" button. Beyond happy both of those items are gone come 2.0

Edited by Frostthorn

14 minutes ago, Frostthorn said:

Thank you may be more impressed and notice a positive change to a ship if you weren't jumping up and down on your "I win" button.

You know what happens when I 'jump up and down on my 'I win' button? I win, and winning is fun :D

On a more serious note, the OP asked how the X-wings were performing and how they perform vs. TLTs and Harpoons is relevant to the question, since both are here to stay in X-wing 1.0 as it's highly unlikely FFG will issue any additional FAQs for 1.0.