Fuzzywookie

Let’s all of us design a new campaign expansion. Battle of Jakku.

On Wedensday I'll tally up everyone's submissions somehow and we'll put it to a vote! At the end of the week or so, we'll find the most popular submissions for each.

From there we'll need to run some tests for everyone who is interested and generate some play-by-play experiences (basically, did the card work? What problems did you have? Do you have any feedback?). Once these cards are set, then we can either iterate on another card design or select a new one.

After about a month, let's do this again with some other key cards to keep building this so-called community expansion.

51 minutes ago, Norsehound said:

Nebulon-B

Huntress (6 points)

After performing an attack, if your damage was less than 3, perform another attack out of the same arc at the same target.

Might want to add "against a ship" in there...

25 minutes ago, DrakonLord said:

Probably... though... would the 'same target' be every fighter if it wanted to repeat an attack against squadrons? I can probably abide a single target, but not a repeat against every fighter.

I can also understand adding that conditional to plug the hole that would otherwise seap questions about when it could/should be used....

28 minutes ago, Norsehound said:

Probably... though... would the 'same target' be every fighter if it wanted to repeat an attack against squadrons? I can probably abide a single target, but not a repeat against every fighter.

I can also understand adding that conditional to plug the hole that would otherwise seap questions about when it could/should be used....

The way i read it was that it effects every attack was all.

Another option could be to make it an exhaust i suppose, giving the option to use it against a ship or squadron? 

Edit: could add another layer of thinking "do i use the title now? Or wait and see if i need it on my next attack?"

Edited by DrakonLord

3 hours ago, DrakonLord said:

Should probably also say "you may perform your second attack from the same hull zone"

to prevent three attacks from one ship.

On 6/21/2018 at 5:35 PM, ricefrisbeetreats said:

I'm super late to the party, but I think the "Battle for Jakku" box set should have different cards compared to the Corellian Conflict set.  Specifically, let's do ship titles or something rather than new squads.

Good point! Unique flavours for unique campaign settings. 

Maybe this could also translate into the campaigns progression? After all, CC had an entire sector to play around in, Jakku by comparison is just a single planet that neither side is willing to just relinquish. 

I for one would love a kind of push/ pull mechanic in the later half of the campaign with the ability to force the opponent into atmospheric combat with unique forms of peril compared to fighting in space. Maybe have ships crash to the ground when they have just 1 or 2 hull left, basically "down but not out", or affect squadron maneuverability.  (Just spitballing of course.)

Neb-b: Absolution - [squadron command]: each squadron you activate gains Snipe 3 until the end of its activation.    

5 points. I really wanted to give the Nebulon a respectable way to run as a carrier without yavaris, and I think that this works.

CR-90 corvette: vanguard - When you activate, you may spend one of your  tokens. If you do, the blue dice in your battery armament can be used while attacking ships at close-long range until the end of the round.                                                                                        

5 points. This is a potential way to allow CR-90B’s to make good use out of those ion cannons.

Assault frigate: bastion - [engineering command]: you may choose up to 2 other friendly ships at range 1-5, each pf those ships may ready one of its defense tokens.                                                                                                                              4 points. Designed as a potential way to let the assault frigate fulfill more of a centerpiece/flagship role.

Victory sd: hunter - Enemy ships defending against attacks from your front hull zone cannot spend  evade tokens.    

4 points. Helps the victory become even more of a sniper with disposable caps.

Gladiator sd: sentinel - [squadron command]: each squadron you activate gains Grit 2 until the end of its activation.    

4 points. A rather niche title to help the gladiator fulfill the role of a carrier if need be.

Edited by Rcracken7
Bolding ship names and titles for clarity

Liberty title- reef one- Increase your command to 4. When a friendly ship or squad at close range suffers damage, deal 1 damage to the source. Cost 8

Interdictor title -Arrestor- When you reduce the speed of a target, you may reduce it by two instead of one by exhausting this card. Cost 5

Pelta title- Sanctuary- When a friendly ship is at distance 1 to 3, it discards any crew crits that it suffers or has suffered, and you may exhaust this card to look at the friendly ships facedown cards and remove one crew critical card. Cost 4

Arquitens- Disruptor- When you deal damage, exhaust a card that the target has, or remove a command token. Cost 4

Liberator (10pts)
Rebel, ISD-Title
This ship may be included in a Rebel Fleet.
While attacking at close range, you may spend two dice to add 2 Black dice to your attack pool.

Emancipator (10pts)
Rebel, ISD-Title
While attacking at close range, you may spend two dice to add 2 Black dice to your attack pool.

1 hour ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Ok, I have to ask... why do so many people make custom Armada cards with an entirely different format and layout than the real Armada cards? 

Because a lot of people use KDYards and that was an intentional decision on my part to make what KDYards produce be visually distinct from what Armada has. This was to purposefully avoid someone showing up with an unofficial card somewhere. At a glance you can tell that a card came from KDY.

1 hour ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Liberator (10pts)
Rebel, ISD-Title

Emancipator (10pts)
Rebel, ISD-Title

I would vote for those over my own creations lol, I think you can tweak Emancipator flavor text just so it's a bit different than Liberator,  keep one offensive and the other defensive?  "When Defending at Close to Medium range, after suffering damage, you may change your speed by 1"

Edited by eliteone

A Rebel ISD should have negative bonus', not positive ones, to reflect the fact that Rebels don't have the manpower, maintenance equipment, or general know how to competently run one.

Like instead of removing 2 dice to add black dice, how about just remove a dice of your choice from every attack pool prior to your attack.

2 hours ago, BrobaFett said:

A Rebel ISD should have negative bonus', not positive ones, to reflect the fact that Rebels don't have the manpower, maintenance equipment, or general know how to competently run one.

Like instead of removing 2 dice to add black dice, how about just remove a dice of your choice from every attack pool prior to your attack.

I disagree, since the title card is already 10 points, so an ISD II will cost the Rebels 130 just to place it - but I guess the title card could read "Ignore the '_____' upgrade card slot"

On 6/26/2018 at 6:51 PM, DasSauerkraut said:

Does this get rid of any ambiguity?

IMG_5034.JPG

I guess no but it prevents you from scoring if you went at the same speed during rounds 2 and 3, for example.

What about some kind of mechanic to track it? Maybe it ends being too much wording but let's try...

"After each ship execute a maneuver, if it is at its maximun speed, its owner may place 1 objective token on it or remove 1 objective token on it to claim one victory token. If it is not at is maximun speed, its owner must remove all objective tokens on it without claiming any victory token".

Engine Techs and Quantum Storm could also farm this a bit. If you don't want that just change the trigger to the first time or something else (noyt sure how right now) or add something like once per activation. 

Also the victory points are ridiculous if you can claim them only three times within a game.

Note: this way  Jyn Erso would gains utility too.

On 6/28/2018 at 7:28 PM, BrobaFett said:

Yea, except if you want to be true to the (Legends) lore, the Emancipator and Liberator were both heavily refitted after Endor to have improved engines, improved hyperdrives, improved targeting, and a half dozen additional proton torpedo launchers installed. The two ships then went on to serve as center pieces within the Alliance Fleet (the Liberator was commanded by Calrissian and Skywalker, while the Emancipator was commanded by Admiral Ragab, a Mon Calamarian).

So, by all accounts, the two ships were improvements over the standard Imperial chassis.  As ships symbolic of the changing tide of power (and as valuable "sneak attack" weapons against the Imperial Remnant), the Rebel Alliance was happy to sink a ton of resources into refitting those two ships to make them paragons of the Alliance.  The Empire viewed an ISD as just another ship amongst thousands, so didn't go nuts refitting and improving them (especially since in most of its outings, a stock ISD was overkill versus its opposition anyways).  But for the Rebels, an ISD was a crown jewel, so they went all out improving them and taking care of them.

To that end, yes I believe the Emancipator and Liberator should be better than a stock ISD, not worse... (hence the +10 price tag).

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

Currently I do not have anything to add so far everything is great.

this is how the community keeps a game alive that the developers are neglecting. We do not need the posts of oh it’s dead, let’s vote on and help make new ship cards, squadrons, and objectives, maybe we can get some one to print them and we have shapeways to help

Edited by Chewybr