Sign in to follow this  
Stefan

Wingman for RAC wanted

Hi guys,

friend of mine is searching for a least to take to a (last) 1.0 tournament. It is supposed to include the Decimator, because that's easy to fly (she's a newbie) and shouldn't contain more than two ships or complex synergies. Up until now, we used this:

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Emperor Palpatine (8)
Ysanne Isard (4)
Thermal Detonators (3)
Tactical Jammer (1)

Countess Ryad (34)
Juke (2)
Stealth Device (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Total: 100

However, while solid, the list did underperform a bit. So I though about combining it with a TIE Silencer, coming up with this:

Veteran Instincts (1)
Emperor Palpatine (8)

Kylo Ren (TIE Silencer) (35)
Push the Limit (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Advanced Optics (2)
Autothrusters (2)

Do you think that's viable? Any better ideas?

I am not a fan of RAC and silencer Kylo, I don't think you can get enough out of 1 ship. I am a big proponent of Inky or Vader along with RAC, and, given the Reaper coming out tomorrow, I would suggest this:

RAC

VI

Dauntless

EU

Kylo

Krennic

Vader

VI

Title

ATC

EU

Harpoons

Use Kylo to f(_)ck over the opponent on the opening engagement via blinded pilot - you can keep using it later if you want, but blinded pilot is too good to pass up. Vader locks and focuses, fires, is free to spend one blank to strip a shield, then grants RAC a TL to use on his attack in conjunction with his ability, pretty much guaranteeing between the 2 ships that ISYTDS gets triggered. Harpoons are there for a nice and brutal accessory, though you could trade them for a 3rd crew on RAC.

What about a list from the old days?

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Adaptability (0)
Emperor Palpatine (8)
Director Krennic (5)
Ion Bombs (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)

You can drop ion bombs for a 2pt. bid. Palp is super important for soontir and with OP he can do some damage.

14 hours ago, Ryuneke said:

What about a list from the old days?

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Adaptability (0)
Emperor Palpatine (8)
Director Krennic (5)
Ion Bombs (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)

You can drop ion bombs for a 2pt. bid. Palp is super important for soontir and with OP he can do some damage.

Krennic and Palpatine are a nice combination; with the Decimator boosting, you tend to be relying on Chiraneau's own ability to modify attack dice, but with Krennic, Target Locks come down with the rations.

I was going to suggest dropping the ion bombs and taking veteran instincts to let Chiraneau react to PS9 aces, but frankly the shooting order is too important - Fel shoots first and optimised prototype's ability strips shields, then krennic gives chiraneau the target lock, then chiraneau shoots and delivers criticals to a (hopefully) shield-less target.

Another option which is very similar is swapping:

• Soontir Fel
    • Royal Guard TIE
    • Push The Limit
    • Stealth Device
    • Autothrusters

For

• Darth Vader
    • TIE/x1
    • Veteran Instincts
    • Advanced Targeting Computer
    • Engine Upgrade

Vader is less elusive (agility 3 versus agility 4 with autothrusters) but has 2 extra shields to better tolerate bombs and actually gets a better dial (1 banks versus 1 turns is more or less a wash, but he can actually use 5 straights and speed 3 moves because he's not stressing himself out with Push The Limit). Plus, at PS11, he's better at outflying other aces, and you can afford to take Veteran Instincts for Chiraneau to make him PS10.

Plus, it's Vader and the Emperor.

8 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Krennic and Palpatine are a nice combination; with the Decimator boosting, you tend to be relying on Chiraneau's own ability to modify attack dice, but with Krennic, Target Locks come down with the rations.

I was going to suggest dropping the ion bombs and taking veteran instincts to let Chiraneau react to PS9 aces, but frankly the shooting order is too important - Fel shoots first and optimised prototype's ability strips shields, then krennic gives chiraneau the target lock, then chiraneau shoots and delivers criticals to a (hopefully) shield-less target.

Another option which is very similar is swapping:

• Soontir Fel
    • Royal Guard TIE
    • Push The Limit
    • Stealth Device
    • Autothrusters

For

• Darth Vader
    • TIE/x1
    • Veteran Instincts
    • Advanced Targeting Computer
    • Engine Upgrade

Vader is less elusive (agility 3 versus agility 4 with autothrusters) but has 2 extra shields to better tolerate bombs and actually gets a better dial (1 banks versus 1 turns is more or less a wash, but he can actually use 5 straights and speed 3 moves because he's not stressing himself out with Push The Limit). Plus, at PS11, he's better at outflying other aces, and you can afford to take Veteran Instincts for Chiraneau to make him PS10.

Plus, it's Vader and the Emperor.

I kinda feel the kylo krennic to be a better fit then palp krennic, for these reasons 

most people choose which target they want, now if they choose your ace, then palp does some work for sure, but if they choose rac, then palp does almost nothing for you, but kylo will save you in those moments you can’t dodge them outright, especially with dauntless, run into a ship, blind another and now your ur damage output is on high while saving yourself. 

And with Vader’s ability plus rac, and krennic lock, your ability to crit your opponent is really high, as well as your damage output in general

most the list is rac and what happens with him basically decides your games , that’s why kylo has been a must include since it has been released 

im trying this next week

Rear Admiral Chiraneau — VT-49 Decimator 46
Veteran Instincts 1
Kylo Ren 3
Tactical Officer 2
Director Krennic 5
Engine Upgrade 4
Dauntless 2
Ship Total: 63

Rexler Brath — TIE Defender 37
Veteran Instincts 1
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1
TIE/x7 -2
Ship Total: 37

what do you think? tow ps 10s 

I might drop Rexler for mareek  

6 minutes ago, Stefan said:

PS is nice,  but I'm not sure if it really equals Ryad's abilities and tokens.

I think the main benefit is that it allows the defender to shoot first, then pass a TL to RAC using krennic. With tac officer you can token stack rexler just as good as ryad, but I think RAC really needs his actions to boost or kylo. 

Quite old list, but fun.

Rac & Ryad (100)
Rear Admiral Chiraneau — VT-49 Decimator     46
Predator     3
Hotshot Co-pilot     4
Darth Vader     3
Gunner     5
Engine Upgrade     4
Ship Total: 65

Countess Ryad — TIE Defender     34
Juke     2
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II     1
TIE/x7     -2
Ship Total: 35

Use predator to reroll hits with RAC and then with the gunner shot go all in. Use Vader when needed and Ryad can juke the same ship since they'll be tokenless after the HotCop.