Force Majeure

Most Wanted?

So I've been wondering for a while about how ships from the Most Wanted (Y-wing, Z-95 & HWK) expansion pack are going to be handled in second edition with regard to how we will get their Rebel and Scum expansions.

In other words, when I pick up a 2.0 Y-wing expansion with the new sculpt, will it have both Reb & Scum cards and cardboard, or will I be expected to buy one Y for Rebels AND one for Scum? Same goes for the other ships.

It's possible it was addressed already, but it didn't make it to me, so apologies if that's the case.

Scum conversion pack is the new Most Wanted.  Not only does it convert 1.0 Y-wings, Z-95s and HWKs but it also converts the 2.0 Rebel ships as well!

but then 2.0 wave one has the first Scum Firespray ex pac, so anything is possible.

7 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

So if each faction will get it's own model for their version of the same ship, we could then expect to see a new paint job for the Scum HWK, seeing as how Most Wanted gave us new paint schemes on the Y and the Z.

Hmm....

I’m hoping for a complete new larger sculpt on the HWK. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

What's wrong with the HWK sculpt?

The scale is off. It should be bigger. Almost as big as the Falcon. Lore says it’s 29 meters. Falcon is just over 34 meters. T-65 is 12 meters. 

Edited by drail14me

4 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

Thanks fam.

I am on the case.

5 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

lol, no it isn't.  The thing is barely larger than a fighter craft. 

DarkF-ship-anoat.jpg

moldy-crow-jedi-knight1.jpgMC8.jpg

hey-hey! That's actually my screenshot at the bottom there~! Very cool to see that one.

5 hours ago, drail14me said:

The scale is off. It should be bigger. Almost as big as the Falcon. Lore says it’s 29 meters. Falcon is just over 34 meters. T-65 is 12 meters. 

yousa mega wrong fam

11 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

lol, no it isn't.  The thing is barely larger than a fighter craft. 

Here's my argument why I think the HWK-290 should be bigger in 2.0:

We have the HWK's first appearance in Dark Forces and FFG did get the size right for 1.0 as the HWK appeared in Dark Forces. FFG also has the HWK-290 listed in the role of "Personal Transport" per the "Rebel Operative" card but as a "light freighter" per the HWK-290 packaging. So, based on the game images and description as a "Personal Transport" and "Light Freighter", I agree with the size in 1.0.

However, we have other sources of information about the HWK other than images from the game. The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide  compares the HWK to the YT-1300 and lists it as being able to care 50 tons more cargo and the same amount of passengers but in more comfort. Comfort is relative to room, more room means a bigger ship. The HWK was also referenced in the Dark Forces Sage RPG where there is a back story on the Moldy Crow which also provides statistics on the ship including the 29 meters cited on Wookiepedia. These are both publications approved by Lucas so they have credibility.

With the HWK receiving a little buff in 2.0, with ALL spoiled cards listing it as a "light freighter" and with the new support actions the ship has, I really feel the HWK should be bigger based on the published specs. I'd like to see it as a medium based ship or a small large base.

Of course, this is all subjective to personal opinion. If you were a huge fan of the video game, then you are going to want to stick with what you saw. I'm more interested in it's current role in 2.0. So, just my opinion based on publications and it's current role.

I think the only new-canon source is Star Wars Commander, which has it at about the same size as other starfighters.

Of course, it also has it with incendiary bombs, so we definitely need it to have a bomb slot now.

22 minutes ago, drail14me said:

Here's my argument why I think the HWK-290 should be bigger in 2.0:

We have the HWK's first appearance in Dark Forces and FFG did get the size right for 1.0 as the HWK appeared in Dark Forces. FFG also has the HWK-290 listed in the role of "Personal Transport" per the "Rebel Operative" card but as a "light freighter" per the HWK-290 packaging. So, based on the game images and description as a "Personal Transport" and "Light Freighter", I agree with the size in 1.0.

However, we have other sources of information about the HWK other than images from the game. The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide  compares the HWK to the YT-1300 and lists it as being able to care 50 tons more cargo and the same amount of passengers but in more comfort. Comfort is relative to room, more room means a bigger ship. The HWK was also referenced in the Dark Forces Sage RPG where there is a back story on the Moldy Crow which also provides statistics on the ship including the 29 meters cited on Wookiepedia. These are both publications approved by Lucas so they have credibility.

With the HWK receiving a little buff in 2.0, with ALL spoiled cards listing it as a "light freighter" and with the new support actions the ship has, I really feel the HWK should be bigger based on the published specs. I'd like to see it as a medium based ship or a small large base.

Of course, this is all subjective to personal opinion. If you were a huge fan of the video game, then you are going to want to stick with what you saw. I'm more interested in it's current role in 2.0. So, just my opinion based on publications and it's current role.

The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide? Wow. Definitely never seen that used as a source before. I think the original source is still the strongest source, though.

14 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide? Wow. Definitely never seen that used as a source before. I think the original source is still the strongest source, though.

Maybe so, but guides and RPG data are approved by LFL. And, as we’ve seen, consistency is not a strong point in the Star Wars Universe over the years. And again, it’s just my opinion based on the new role in 2.0. 

5 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

There was a lot of bizarre stuff approved by LFL back then. I mean, there's still some bizarre stuff approved but consistency seems to be mostly better (except for these bizarre mobile games, I guess).

Absolutely true!!

The HWK is one of my favorite ships in the game and not because of a video game. I just thought it was cool and fun to fly from my very first game of X-Wing. I just want a bigger, more detailed model. 

Of course, my sole opinion isn’t worth a hill of beans and actually, the decision by FFG has already been made. We’ll have our answer August 2 from GenCon or before if the conversion kit cardboard is spoiled. 

Well, we could still get a larger model even though it's already confirmed to still be on a small base (from the unboxing stream).

We won't have that knowledge until they release it as a stand-alone expansion, but we know it will be appropriately sized for a small base.

FFG handled this nicely in their RPG canon: the larger HWK variant is the HWK-1000. It's much rarer, but it's basically the same ship sized up to match the larger descriptions that are floating around. The HWK-290 itself is the correct size, though, roughly (it may vary a tad between cutscenes and in-game footage like the Raven's Claw, but that's not a big deal)

Posted (edited)

I doubt they will get their own expansions in 2.0

Similarly to the Slave 1 and Scurrg being made single faction, I think the conversion kit will be the 'Most Wanted' pack for Scum, and the subsequent 2.0 expacks for the Y-wing (we already know) and Z-95 will be Rebel.

I could see them adding the Z-95 to the Hounds Tooth expack for Scum, and maybe releasing the HWK-290 expack with both Rebel and Scum cards included.

EDIT: That is all conjecture of course. I just don't believe we'll see mirror ace packs in 2.0. I think if they do release ace packs in 2.0 they will new combos we've not yet seen to maximise sales to the veteran players.

Edited by BVRCH

5 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

I think the conversion kit will be the 'Most Wanted' pack for Scum, and the subsequent 2.0 expacks for the Y-wing (we already know) and Z-95 will be Rebel.

There has to be a way for new scum players to get y-wings and z’s without buying a $50 conversion pack or any rebel ships.