HolySorcerer

So we need errata already

20 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Yup.  It stops you doing actions later in the round to avoid making you an unblockable monster when your name is Vader, and to stop you piling Coordinates on after Advanced Sensors.  The conversion kit version will be the canonical one, unless I'm very much mistaken.

Also what I understand. 
I really hope there's something hidden to us that helps those poor B-wings. Like discount on cannon upgrades.

The upgrade cards also use plain white icons instead of text to restrict them to factions. I like that, but assuming the Resistance faction icon matches it's first edition version in just being a colour inverted Rebellion icon that's a problem with differentiating them visually.

3 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Yup.  It stops you doing actions later in the round to avoid making you an unblockable monster when your name is Vader, and to stop you piling Coordinates on after Advanced Sensors.  The conversion kit version will be the canonical one, unless I'm very much mistaken.

I would disagree on the coordinate part. Another shop is triggering that action for you. Also there are not currently any ships that have a linked coordinate, so that action means the coordinator will be limited to one action. 

33 minutes ago, Ayleron said:

I would disagree on the coordinate part. Another shop is triggering that action for you. Also there are not currently any ships that have a linked coordinate, so that action means the coordinator will be limited to one action. 

It prevents a later ship from coordinating its action to you.

Avoiding entire lists stacking everything onto a single ship seems to be a really major goal of this edition.

1 hour ago, thespaceinvader said:

It prevents a later ship from coordinating its action to you.

Avoiding entire lists stacking everything onto a single ship seems to be a really major goal of this edition.

I'm not seeing that. if Vader is not activated why wouldn't he be able to be coordinated to?. if you can't perform additional actions while activated, or you have to skip your perform action step (which occurs while activated), they seem pretty similar to me with the exception of the first one keeping you from linked actions or force triggered actions. But I'm not seeing why you couldn't be coordinated too. What am I missing?

it doesnt prevent coordination. It only prevents more than 1 action during your activation, which when the keyword "you" always refers to this ship with this card and not the player that means the card is no longer in effect after the ship is done activating.

It prevents chained action or free actions during activation. It doesnt even stop future "before engaging" actions since thats after activating.

I cant help but feel the reason it changed was BECAUSE of Vader, because he's technically the only one that could completely and utterly abuse it while only those capable of linked actions could minorly abuse it otherwise (for the same reason we use it now, stress-inducing action before green maneuver to clear it. However, Vader can double or even triple action with it before doing a kturn or other red maneuvers, while no chain-action user can do that)

1 minute ago, Vineheart01 said:

it doesnt prevent coordination. It only prevents more than 1 action during your activation, which when the keyword "you" always refers to this ship with this card and not the player that means the card is no longer in effect after the ship is done activating.

It prevents chained action or free actions during activation. It doesnt even stop future "before engaging" actions since thats after activating.

I cant help but feel the reason it changed was BECAUSE of Vader, because he's technically the only one that could completely and utterly abuse it while only those capable of linked actions could minorly abuse it otherwise (for the same reason we use it now, stress-inducing action before green maneuver to clear it. However, Vader can double or even triple action with it before doing a kturn or other red maneuvers, while no chain-action user can do that)

Ehh. Gunner Luke is still worse. I don't know why couldn't they just make a Vader that has synergy for once.

7Z2sgff.png

Where are you getting "this phase" from thespaceinvader? I see activation, which is a HUGE difference.

Unless we got a THIRD version of this card floating around, because the one in the dualboxes this topic is about is skipping action step like it used to.

Edited by Vineheart01

3 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

Ehh. Gunner Luke is still worse. I don't know why couldn't they just make a Vader that has synergy for once.

i swear im the only person that doesnt see luke gunner as a problem.

Its pathetically easy to keep people in a side arc, we know this from the Lancer already. I almost never see it change it off the side arc unless someone is directly tailing it.
Not to mention we already know the gunner slot is mean, and luke literally does nothing but provide a pseudo 360 attack in a meta where die mods are harder to come by.

I dont expect to never see him, i just dont expect him to be anywhere near the level of broken that is Fenn/Ghost right now or tripboats of old.

14 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

7Z2sgff.png

Where are you getting "this phase" from thespaceinvader? I see activation, which is a HUGE difference.

Unless we got a THIRD version of this card floating around, because the one in the dualboxes this topic is about is skipping action step like it used to.

My failed brain.  Cheerfully retracted.

35 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

i swear im the only person that doesnt see luke gunner as a problem.

Its pathetically easy to keep people in a side arc, we know this from the Lancer already. I almost never see it change it off the side arc unless someone is directly tailing it.
Not to mention we already know the gunner slot is mean, and luke literally does nothing but provide a pseudo 360 attack in a meta where die mods are harder to come by.

I dont expect to never see him, i just dont expect him to be anywhere near the level of broken that is Fenn/Ghost right now or tripboats of old.

You're not the only one, most people are with you. See the post earlier in this thread about the vocal minority that loves to howl at the moon. 

19 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

You're not the only one, most people are with you. See the post earlier in this thread about the vocal minority that loves to howl at the moon. 

Luke can be a terrible design (he is) and not break the game (he probably won’t). The issue is that he is impossible to balance as designed so he will have to be priced high enough to be a dead card. Dead cards aren’t fun. 

2 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Luke can be a terrible design (he is) and not break the game (he probably won’t). The issue is that he is impossible to balance as designed so he will have to be priced high enough to be a dead card. Dead cards aren’t fun. 

Let's not get into it in this thread. There are plenty of other threads for discussing whether or not Gunner!Luke is fine/broken/whatever, this one does not need to become one of them. 

Unfortunately thats what FFG does, they'd rather design a horrible card to get the "effect" out there rather than just not have that effect and not waste the name of the card.

Ions come to mind. Rather than revamp them to be slightly out of context with the series so they can stop being on the teetering side of the useless edge of the balancing fence and actually make them good.
Or Jam for that matter.

Imo Adv Sensors would be another such effect if it was indeed limited to the phase. Considering how support ships all either have coordinate or some sort of mini-coordinate (or both) now it would make little sense to design a card that prevents support ships from doing their job. In your own squad anyway.

8 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

Unfortunately thats what FFG does, they'd rather design a horrible card to get the "effect" out there rather than just not have that effect and not waste the name of the card.

Ions come to mind. Rather than revamp them to be slightly out of context with the series so they can stop being on the teetering side of the useless edge of the balancing fence and actually make them good.
Or Jam for that matter.

Imo Adv Sensors would be another such effect if it was indeed limited to the phase. Considering how support ships all either have coordinate or some sort of mini-coordinate (or both) now it would make little sense to design a card that prevents support ships from doing their job. In your own squad anyway.

I would imagine it is about trying to keep the game as enjoyable as possible. If Ion were balanced to be competitive it would create a lot of unhappy punters. It is like playing against a stasis deck in MTG; you feel like an idiot for turning up and wasting your time. Therefore it appears to be better that it is underpowered or a relative niche item with many (fun) counters