Jump to content
HolySorcerer

So we need errata already

Recommended Posts

So the 2.0 version of some cards have been released thanks to the Reaper and Whitaker expansions, and we already are in need of errata.  Not only do the cards have a different templating and wording, but several of them are functionally different.

At least we now know why Alex thought Vader worked with Advanced Sensors, because with these cards Vader absolutely works with Advanced Sensors.

https://imgur.com/gallery/uSMsndm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At a guess, I'd say these were rushed out the door to get the expansions released and the cards were updated between then and the conversion kits. Anything we've seen from the conversion kits will almost surely take precedence.

Not a great look, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HolySorcerer said:

I'd guess the non-rushed version in the conversion kit that Vader will never take.

I guess we'd need to know when the sets were packaged/printed to get an answer which is fresher. The ones they opened on the stream could be prototypes and test runs. I really hope it is this version. Vader wants some fancy toys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Commander Kaine said:

I guess we'd need to know when the sets were packaged/printed to get an answer which is fresher. The ones they opened on the stream could be prototypes and test runs. I really hope it is this version. Vader wants some fancy toys. 

Yeah, but then we're stuck with the weird version of Proton Torps and the overpowered version of R3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HolySorcerer said:

Yeah, looks like we're stuck buying Supernatural Reflexes on Vader.

Nah, I think I may leave the Dark Lord to rest a bit. Much more hyped about the Inquisitor with SR. One of my most successful mini painting project was the TAP, so I'm happy that I get to play that bad boy again. 

 

I'm waiting Vader to get a cool Dark Side power later on, so he might shine there. As it is now, I think the Empire has better options. If the meta does not demand I6, I probably won't play him a lot. (except for Obligatory trench run scenarios)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we know if this was a full production set that was simply sold/opened early or was it a pre-production set?

Also, do we know if the wording on advanced sensors we saw did not change? because the unboxing and demo advanced sensors were 100% an early pre-production version, the one in the release box for 2.0 may reflect the one we see here.

We are seeing all kinds of cards that were printed at different points in production. My guess is if this saw's pack was a full print run release then it has the correct advanced sensors (backed up by alex's assumption that it worked the way the one shown in this thread does) and the ones we have seen printed before this are an older design version of the card and do not reflect what will be in the full production run.

It was very nice off FFG to show off pre full-scale production stuff but they should have disclaimed it (even I freaked out about the wording templating on the droids). All they had to say was "anything you see before official launch day may be pre-production stuff and subject to change".

I could be totally wrong and FFG actually made a huge mistake, but most likely we are just seeing different pre-product (or in this case a final production maybe) printing that have been changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Icelom said:

Do we know if this was a full production set that was simply sold/opened early or was it a pre-production set?

Also, do we know if the wording on advanced sensors we saw did not change? because the unboxing and demo advanced sensors were 100% an early pre-production version, the one in the release box for 2.0 may reflect the one we see here.

We are seeing all kinds of cards that were printed at different points in production. My guess is if this saw's pack was a full print run release then it has the correct advanced sensors (backed up by alex's assumption that it worked the way the one shown in this thread does) and the ones we have seen printed before this are an older design version of the card and do not reflect what will be in the full production run.

It was very nice off FFG to show off pre full-scale production stuff but they should have disclaimed it (even I freaked out about the wording templating on the droids). All they had to say was "anything you see before official launch day may be pre-production stuff and subject to change".

I could be totally wrong and FFG actually made a huge mistake, but most likely we are just seeing different pre-product (or in this case a final production maybe) printing that have been changed.

The cards shown in wave 14 have more awkward wording and template design.  Take a look at the Proton Torpedoes, they lack the icon indicating that range bonuses do not apply.  Or take a look at the Tactical Officer, he requires requires a red coordinate (a bit redundant) and then treats that red as a white, rather than adding the white action like the other cards.

No, these cards were rushed out for wave 14, were changed after being sent to the printers, and will require errata on day one.  This is a bad first impression for second edition to make.  FFG should have held these back to wave one of second edition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HolySorcerer said:

The cards shown in wave 14 have more awkward wording and template design.  Take a look at the Proton Torpedoes, they lack the icon indicating that range bonuses do not apply.  Or take a look at the Tactical Officer, he requires requires a red coordinate (a bit redundant) and then treats that red as a white, rather than adding the white action like the other cards.

No, these cards were rushed out for wave 14, were changed after being sent to the printers, and will require errata on day one.  This is a bad first impression for second edition to make.  FFG should have held these back to wave one of second edition.

Ok but are the cards leaked here from a full print release that was opened early or from a pre-release print run for testing? You just skipped over my question about that for some reason.

You could be 100% correct, and it does indeed look bad for ffg at this point. But I am not going to run to the hills screaming just yet (i did that already with the droids.... )

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Icelom said:

Ok but are the cards leaked here from a full print release that was opened early or from a pre-release print run for testing? You just skipped over my question about that for some reason.

You could be 100% correct, and it does indeed look bad for ffg at this point. But I am not going to run to the hills screaming just yet (i did that already with the droids.... )

 

 

It was unboxed on youtube, all indications are that it was a retail release.  There was a french version unboxed as well, and they still had the same weird templating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointing but unsurprising.

There are errata in the conv kits as well, specifically to make Static Discharge Vanes only work when unstressed.

Frankly it would be a miracle if something this large with this many moving parts made it to print perfect, and the designers are good but they're not miraculous.

Edited by thespaceinvader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

I'm not familiar with the wording of the previously revealed cards vs. what people are going on about. Can someone help clarify please?

Seconded.  Can someone actually provide some context please?  Not all of us have the time to be keeping up with all the minutiae of whats going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure the first advance sensors we saw will be the correct wording. thought i heard them say it or maybe I just thought it, but I think advanced sensors is restricted to one action so people cant advance sensor to a linked action to squeeze out two actions, then shed the stress with a green maneuver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skandranon said:

Pretty sure the first advance sensors we saw will be the correct wording. thought i heard them say it or maybe I just thought it, but I think advanced sensors is restricted to one action so people cant advance sensor to a linked action to squeeze out two actions, then shed the stress with a green maneuver

Yup.

 

The AS in the conversion kits is almost certainly the correct one, as it's the more recent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

The Wave 14 Advanced Sensors & Proton Torpedoes will be superseded by the later-released Core Set/Conversion Kit releases.  Not really seeing a massive problem here.

I really want to put something witty; but am tired. 

It's honestly not a problem; a portion of the community (the vocal minority) just love to howl at the moon. 

Edited by the1hodgy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Skandranon said:

Pretty sure the first advance sensors we saw will be the correct wording. thought i heard them say it or maybe I just thought it, but I think advanced sensors is restricted to one action so people cant advance sensor to a linked action to squeeze out two actions, then shed the stress with a green maneuver

Yes. Adv Sensors gets some new interest anyway since you can use a red action and shed stress with green manoeuver (I guess linked actions are fordidden though, too bad for my beloved B-wings).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...