Ravenhull

H-Wing ideas

I am sure that folks have talked about the H-Wing before, but this proposal is using the new dynamics available in 2.0

The BTS-A2 Long Range Strike Fighter, aka H-Wing

latest?cb=20150304214346

Attack: 3 Single Arc Turret
Attack: 2 Fixed Forward
Agility: 1
Hull: 5
Shield: 4

Small Base (maybe Medium)

Torpedo, Torpedo, Gunner, Crew, Device

Focus
Target Lock -> Focus
Rotate Turret
Reload

Ion Armed: The fixed forward arc attack is Ion Armed [Insert standard Ion gun rules here].  The turret slot is considered the 'Primary' attack.

Dial: Similar to the Y-Wing, 4 red straight.

----------------------------------------------

One advantage of the new format is that ships like this that are described as having built in special weapons can be modeled in. The description says that the turret is a 'blaster cannon', then talks about the forward mount ions as being more secondary, thus a 3 attack turret and 2 attack ion. I went with the 'Target Lock -> Focus' due to the ship as being described as having an advanced targeting system, but I didn't want to give it anything that changes a die result.  Thought about the target lock going into Calculate instead.

And FFG has put the H-Wing in one of the RPG sourcebooks, so while it's not full canon, it has FFG canon.

Now, this is a ship that could finally rival the E-Wing as the ugliest, most derivative design Rebel ship ever.

Regardless of that, your proposed stats are decent. Perhaps too much of a mix between the Y-wing and the K-wing?
How would you make this behave differently from a "Just better Y-wing"?

Edited by Azrapse

14 hours ago, Ravenhull said:

I am sure that folks have talked about the H-Wing before, but this proposal is using the new dynamics available in 2.0

The BTS-A2 Long Range Strike Fighter, aka H-Wing

latest?cb=20150304214346

Attack: 3 Single Arc Turret
Attack: 2 Fixed Forward
Agility: 1
Hull: 5
Shield: 4

Small Base (maybe Medium)

Torpedo, Torpedo, Gunner, Crew, Device

Focus
Target Lock -> Focus
Rotate Turret
Reload

Ion Armed: The fixed forward arc attack is Ion Armed [Insert standard Ion gun rules here].  The turret slot is considered the 'Primary' attack.

Dial: Similar to the Y-Wing, 4 red straight.

----------------------------------------------

One advantage of the new format is that ships like this that are described as having built in special weapons can be modeled in. The description says that the turret is a 'blaster cannon', then talks about the forward mount ions as being more secondary, thus a 3 attack turret and 2 attack ion. I went with the 'Target Lock -> Focus' due to the ship as being described as having an advanced targeting system, but I didn't want to give it anything that changes a die result.  Thought about the target lock going into Calculate instead.

And FFG has put the H-Wing in one of the RPG sourcebooks, so while it's not full canon, it has FFG canon.

This is the card I did 3 years ago:

x_wing_miniatures_game___custom_ship__h_

Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I think these obscure Legends ships won't show up in the game. 

12 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Every time I see this ship, I can't help but think of the Twin Mustang (though the latter looks much better).

300px-North_American_XP-82_Twin_Mustang_

Well... duh. The Mustang is two beautiful planes together. It's much like the Punisher. They just added more of the beautiful things. 

16 hours ago, Ravenhull said:

latest?cb=20150304214346

THIS thing however. Ugh. 

14 minutes ago, GLEXOR said:

Actually, I would enjoy this, though I have never seen it before.

And the P-51 Twin Mustang was just an ill conceived attempt at recreating the beautiful, nimble P-38 Lightning. Just sayin'.

You aren't a fan of double decker burgers, are you? 

H-wing would be medium base.

M-wing is pushing the bigger end of large base.

Its front part would fir onto a large base just about exactly, and the engine nacelles would stick off the end.  Of course it would be attached in the middle of the model, so the front would stick out as well, but that gives an idea of scale.

4 hours ago, Infinite_Maelstrom said:

Even though the H-wing is my personal choice for ugliest ship in Star Wars.

You’ve clearly never seen the M1

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/95/TIE-M1_XWA.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20060307211946

now, ugliest REBEL fighter....

Edited by Forgottenlore

I love this design, seriously! ( I am not saying it is the best, but it is fresh)

For the stat I would propose to have two gunner slot instead of gunner and crew to give it a "heavy fighter" style instead of another "support+fighter" ship

It could also trade "lock > red focus" for "lock > "red rotate arc", again, to make it more unique (I don't remember if this combo already exist)

what do you think?