FlyingAnchors

This bickering is pointless....

Wait, so his ability does not say once per round, it just says" after you perform an action..."

So I can do a damage card action to "repair" a card, then spend a force to lock, then spend a force to do a barrel roll, then spend a force to do a focus and accomplish all four actions without a stress?

Yes this burns up all my force up but for that one round when you really want to get in behind someone at range 1 with lock and focus, it might be worth it.

Edited by pickirk01

1 hour ago, pickirk01 said:

Wait, so his ability does not say once per round, it just says" after you perform an action..."

So I can do a damage card action to "repair" a card, then spend a force to lock, then spend a force to do a barrel roll, then spend a force to do a focus and accomplish all four actions without a stress?

Yes this burns up all my force up but for that one round when you really want to get in behind someone at range 1 with lock and focus, it might be worth it.

Yes, the devs have said Vader can chain actions. He can even chain off actions from other sources (such as coordinate or the Supernatural Reflexes Force Upgrade), although he can't chain off advanced sensors because it prohibits any additional actions for the rest of the activation phase.

5 hours ago, pickirk01 said:

Yup. Plus Supernatural Reflexes lets him spend a force point to barrel roll (or even boost, if you're prepared to take damage) pre-move, but unlike advanced sensors it's not locking you out of future actions:

Supernatural_Reflexes.png

If you're so inclined, Vader can dump all three force tokens in one turn to barrel roll to one side, target lock you, focus, then talon roll in behind you.

Granted, that's burning all your tokens in one turn and ending up stressed but that's the Dark Lord going from what looked like head-on pass to fully modified, auto-critical-ing shots into your engines in one go. If that doesn't justify a serious disturbance in the force, I'm not sure what does.

54 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Because let's face it, Luke and Vader should be the

NOxl.gif

Exactly. I have no problem with him vs an A-wing squadron essentially being the Rebels episode Siege of Lothal, provided you're paying an appropriate amount for that ability.

If a no-expense-spared Vader and Grand Inquisitor are a squad unto themselves, that's not inherently a problem.

Seriously, seeing the iconic pilots from the films as the power players and centrepieces of the games should be the ideal.

Luke in the T-65 looks hugely promising.
Wedge will be a power player in the T-65 as well.
Lando, Han, Chewie in the Falcon?  Great!  Even Leia crew becomes more useful!
Red and Gold Leader both get improved abilities and changes to their basic frame, so could see more use.  Excellent!
Vader is a potentially an absolute boss.  Just as it should be.
Boba in a significantly upgraded Slave One is seemingly set to become a major player as well.

I see zero problem with these guys getting more table time at the expense of less well known ships and pilots.

Agreed.  But I think we're still at the stage where everyone is post-coital from the 2.0 announcement and envisioning it as their personal utopia.  Most of those people will be wrong and will wind up being forced to play Luke and Vader instead.

11 minutes ago, SOTL said:

Agreed.  But I think we're still at the stage where everyone is post-coital from the 2.0 announcement and envisioning it as their personal utopia.  Most of those people will be wrong and will wind up being forced to play Luke and Vader instead.

Well, that's a different matter.  Luke and Vader in a list sounds totally OP.

original.gif