Icelom

These forums will be unbearable in 2.0

3 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

the forums are bearable now?

For every like 10 entire threads i see of rage or fan ships or *insert other stupid topic here* i see one POST not thread of constructional comments about the game/topic.

The rest can be summed up as "NO YOU'RE A TOWEL!!"

Towel?  The RG-400 when it's released will be so OP

13 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

i believe theyre already ragging on luke gunner :D

I am a major Luke gunner whiner, but i did not mind TLT. (infact i did not use it because i felt it was not strong enough, give me ion cannon btl y-wings anyday... omg wtf is wrong with me)

I am an enigma.

9 hours ago, Icelom said:

I am very much dreading the shear amount of complaining 2.0 will bring, specifically with the app.

Everyday will be constant demands for point adjustment and slot changes. There will be a very vocal minority that demand that ffg change points on a daily basis.

"Why hasn't ffg changed the points on 'insert ship', I clearly pointed out 1h ago that it needs to be 2 points cheaper! This 'insert faction' bias from ffg is insane! It only takes 2 seconds to update the cost in the app and it's been 1h what the ****!"

It's going to suck.

This is a major reason why I'm not very interested in 2.0.  It's not a set game anymore; it's a game (points and slots) about a game (flying ships).

Without "etched in stone" point values and slots, everything is up for debate.  ****, it baldly states that even the devs aren't committed to the composition of a piece.  It's like playing Fantasy Football, where your "team" is a half-baked reflection of the actual game.

Moreover, I'm worried that "balancing the meta" and "increasing list diversity" is actually going to become nothing more than a "fire-sale-of-the-moment" reaction to reductions in point values or upgrade adjustments to keep tourna-bros running after the currently best min-maxed list of points and upgrade slots.  Scyks not seeing much table time??  We'll put them "on sale" for awhile, then adjust the points back up later when they are too dominant.

7 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

This is a major reason why I'm not very interested in 2.0.  It's not a set game anymore; it's a game (points and slots) about a game (flying ships).

Without "etched in stone" point values and slots, everything is up for debate.  ****, it baldly states that even the devs aren't committed to the composition of a piece.  It's like playing Fantasy Football, where your "team" is a half-baked reflection of the actual game.

Moreover, I'm worried that "balancing the meta" and "increasing list diversity" is actually going to become nothing more than a "fire-sale-of-the-moment" reaction to reductions in point values or upgrade adjustments to keep tourna-bros running after the currently best min-maxed list of points and upgrade slots.  Scyks not seeing much table time??  We'll put them "on sale" for awhile, then adjust the points back up later when they are too dominant.

Let's hope ffg knows to limit the changes and not go crazy with there new found options.

10 hours ago, Ikka said:

Meh. I just ignore rage-posts or those that dissolve into bickering. I expect the first days/week to be pretty bad, but it'll even out after that.

I can't seem to ignore them... even though they often are posters spouting the same arguments over and over and over with nothing happening (see *both* sides of Luke Gunner controversy for instance)

9 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

We also left it to FFG for X-Wing 2.0, and it looks fantastic. Does that mean present FFG is better than past FFG?

Fair point. The jury is still out on how fantastic 2.0 will be until we actually get to play with the shiny new/revamped toys but FFG now has numerous waves and hundreds of top level tournaments to build X-Wing 2.0 from. This should result in less and smaller rules/cards changes and only minor tweeks to the costs of specific pilots/upgrades.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

11 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

There REALLY needs to be a sub-forum for "Point Costs and Upgrade Access Discussions / Feedback."  This will give all the complainers/ragers a place to perpetually vent and theory-craft while feeling like FFG may be soaking it all in and adding it to their analysis, while the rest of us can just avoid that subforum like the pointless dumpster fire it will inevitably become.

Because if the only place for people to post those sorts of complaints/requests happens to be in the General Forum, then you are very right that'll be RIP Forums.

Oh yeah, absolutely,

On top of that, ban everyone that refuses to use this new cesspool subforum for his complaint/point cost threads, and flush delete all the threads every few days. That should keep em busy reposting...

14 hours ago, Cgriffith said:

I can't wait to here how OP Luke Skywalker is finally, and how the T-65 will be the death of 2.0. The popcorn is stocked up

Try him in 1.0 with the Saw’s Renegades fix, you won’t be disappointed.

13 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

There REALLY needs to be a sub-forum for "Point Costs and Upgrade Access Discussions / Feedback."  This will give all the complainers/ragers a place to perpetually vent and theory-craft while feeling like FFG may be soaking it all in and adding it to their analysis, while the rest of us can just avoid that subforum like the pointless dumpster fire it will inevitably become.

Because if the only place for people to post those sorts of complaints/requests happens to be in the General Forum, then you are very right that'll be RIP Forums.

Nah, just let people use the X-Wing Mission Control Technical Support and Feedback Forum, that's pretty much what people are using it for now!  :lol:

16 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Isn't it more like Strat-o-Matic baseball, where the value of pieces (players) can change based on past performance?

And isn't Strat-o-Matic baseball widely beloved, partially for that reason?

On 6/18/2018 at 6:12 PM, Icelom said:

I am very much dreading the shear amount of complaining 2.0 will bring, specifically with the app.

Everyday will be constant demands for point adjustment and slot changes. There will be a very vocal minority that demand that ffg change points on a daily basis.

"Why hasn't ffg changed the points on 'insert ship', I clearly pointed out 1h ago that it needs to be 2 points cheaper! This 'insert faction' bias from ffg is insane! It only takes 2 seconds to update the cost in the app and it's been 1h what the ****!"

It's going to suck.

The forums are already unbearable and have been for about 2 years. 2.0 will neither help nor hinder this.