Sign in to follow this  
Tobilee

WTF! There are Y-Wings Pilots in the 2.0 expansion not included in the conversion kit!

Tell me if I am missing something, but FFG tell us that in this FIRST wave of 2.0, all the ships and upgrades cards will be included in the conversion kits , so if we are veteran players, with a conversion kit of each faction we will be done, and we won’t be in need to buy the separate expansion ships... (at least for this first wave, I know).

They have repeat this soooo many times, and even in the last article (the Y-wing one) , they repeat this again. 

But then in the same article I read that the Y-Wing expansion includes two pilots (Norra and Evaan) that are not included in the rebel conversion kit, at least in the leak of the contents of the conversion kit are not included.

WTF FFG? This is the kind of trust that we are going to receive from you????

716BD536-C92E-4A0B-AF96-BC26A3D2865A.jpeg

There is another little pack of cards and cardboard tossed into the conversion kits for wave one stuff, most likely they were also not included on that sheet.

They were clearly added in after the final production was set hence them being in there own small package (again contained in the conversion kit).

Calm down.

2 minutes ago, Icelom said:

There is another little pack of cards and cardboard tossed into the conversion kits for wave one stuff, most likely they were also not included on that sheet.

They were clearly added in after the final production was set hence them being in there own small package (again contained in the conversion kit).

Calm down.

This. 

Chill the **** out. 

Edited by HolySorcerer

"If you already own a Y-wing from the first edition, you can bring it into X-Wing Second Edition with the ship tokens, cards, and maneuver dials found in the Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit that will be available at launch. This kit includes all of the ship and upgrade cards available in the BTL-A4 Y-Wing Expansion Pack. "

That is what I read

2 hours ago, Icelom said:

Calm down.

Do you have an official source for this you can link to? A lot of people are feeling burned by assumptions re: the number of generic bases in the kits, so I'd rather not trust second or even thirdhand information.

3 minutes ago, Squark said:

Do you have an official source for this you can link to? A lot of people are feeling burned by assumptions re: the number of generic bases in the kits, so I'd rather not trust second or even thirdhand information.

They literally showed this off live on stream. 

2 hours ago, Max Teranous said:

(Specifically, the wave 1 pilots/cards are NOT in the conversion kit contents, they're in a separate bag within the box)

Hope so! 

31 minutes ago, Squark said:

unboxing stream.

30 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

They literally showed this off live on stream. 

Ah. I hadn't seen the source mentioned before, and I haven't watched the raw footage from the stream, just read the highlights.

Is this source official enough for you?

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/1/all-wings-report-in-1/

In addition, the BTL-A4 Y-Wing Expansion Pack contains a few entirely new cards that have never before appeared in the game's first edition. These new cards and associated punchboard are also included in the Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit for the benefit of veteran players!”

4 hours ago, Icelom said:

I doubt it was any type of after thought. More like the Luke and Darth Vader "Expansions" included in the Imperial Assault Core box. In that case it was more of an advertisement of what content a blister expansion contains. In this case I think it may be a similar advert for what a future single ship or wave conversion pack may hold.

I don’t quite understand this situation.  So the conversion kit has some Y-Wing pilots that are Wave 1, and some that... aren’t?  So what is are the former?  Are they unique to the conversion kits, so new players have to buy the CKs to get them?

Edited by mazz0

2 hours ago, Wiredin said:

Alex and Frank during live cast "here is a pack of cards that include all the ships and cardboard for the wave 1 X-Wing and Y-Wing"

forums "worlds burning, I need to buy the X-Wing and Y-Wing expansion"

Alex and Frank *face palming*

Well, what this does presumably mean, though, is that there will be Pilots (and probably upgrades) in the Wave 2 and beyond Second Edition expansions that will not have been included in the Conversion Kits, meaning Conversion Kit owners will need to start rebuying each ship expansion that comes out in Wave 2+ of second edition.  Unless there is some way FFG will put out "cards/cardboard" only kits for the "new" stuff in the Wave 2 and beyond expansions, which lots of people think they will be doing.

2 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

i don’t quite understand this situation.  So the conversion kit has some Y-Wing pilots that are Wave 1, and some that... aren’t?  So what is are the former?  Are they unique to the conversion kits, so new players have to buy the CKs to get them?

Both the kit and the Y-Wing expansion have the same cards. There are “simply converted” pilots like Dutch and Horton who are listed in the main body of the kit. There are brand new pilots like Norra and Evaan that are different from 1st edition and they have been placed in a separate bag in the converter. Both new and old pilots should be in both the  kits and standalone expansions.

6 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Both the kit and the Y-Wing expansion have the same cards. There are “simply converted” pilots like Dutch and Horton who are listed in the main body of the kit. There are brand new pilots like Norra and Evaan that are different from 1st edition and they have been placed in a separate bag in the converter. Both new and old pilots should be in both the  kits and standalone expansions.

Oh.  Kinda makes the differentiation seem a bit pointless.

7 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Unless there is some way FFG will put out "cards/cardboard" only kits for the "new" stuff in the Wave 2 and beyond expansions, which lots of people think they will be doing.

Which they assured us they would offer over and over again on the first day of Star Wars Worlds live stream where they showcased some Second Edition Games. So that's a for sure thing. How they do that...that's still up in the air.

My personal prediction: they will offer "wave" packs that have the components of each ship in the wave offered together. Most veterans already have multiple factions, and offering them packed together will hopefully decrease their cost. Now, seeing the little bags on the unboxing video gives me pause, because maybe they will actually offer a pack for each ship. But I think that's just a logistical nightmare for stores, and offering a single product for each wave that has ships from all factions makes more sense to me.

10 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Well, what this does presumably mean, though, is that there will be Pilots (and probably upgrades) in the Wave 2 and beyond Second Edition expansions that will not have been included in the Conversion Kits, meaning Conversion Kit owners will need to start rebuying each ship expansion that comes out in Wave 2+ of second edition.  Unless there is some way FFG will put out "cards/cardboard" only kits for the "new" stuff in the Wave 2 and beyond expansions, which lots of people think they will be doing.

Or the sell the wave 2 equivilant to the bag in the conversion kit. Call it $5 to cover the price difference between 1st and 2nd edition.

5 hours ago, Tobilee said:

Ok, thanks for the info, I was feeling quite enraged, now I am feeling stupid. 

I hope a moderator close this post 

Just change the name of the post to Star Trek fun times with Jobba the hut and it will get moved to off topic. 

Welcome to the FFG forum ?

Edited by Cubanboy