Nohwear

Path to Carcosa, Mystic or Mystic light?

I will be starting a campaign soon.  More than likely, it will be Path to Carcosa.  One person has played most of the campaign, two people, a couple I believe, just played for the first time yesterday.  I am trying to decide on my Investigator.  I have narrowed it down to Daisy Walker, Sefina Rousseau, or Akachi Onyele.  I do not know what the other people will be playing yet.  Who would you recommend.  I have some experience, but not a lot.

Hey @Nohwear,

Of the three you describe, I'd say Sefina is the hardest to pilot well, because of her defensive statline and the shenanigans she can get up to with events. Akachi is very pure mystic, so rewards a playstyle that gets spells into play, and she gets more uses out of said spells. Daisy is also a great all-round, with her decent intellect and consistency through her tome action. So if you're not feeling *too* experienced, I'd suggest trying Daisy or Akachi, or if you want to push the boat out, go for Sef. Definitely find out what your colleagues are planning to play, so that you can create a rounded group! 

See, I always say play Sefina! But I am just super biased because I think she's my favorite investigator to play.  She's not easy to play, but she IS exceedingly flexible and can bring a lot of hurt to the table with attack spells while also taking advantage of lockpicks and rites of seeking to buffer your clue finding abilities, and her rogue cards can make her hard to pin down. She can also take adaptable which will let you swap a few extra cards if you find that you need to cover different bases once you play a game with the other 3 selected investigators. 

All of that being said, the other two are going to be much easier to play. 

Edited by Soakman

For carcosa in particular I recommend Daisy. Her high intellect is an asset against some of the challenges you'll face and she can make greater use of some carcosa introduced cards like the archaic glyphs

I am running Akachi and Minh through Carcosa right now and having a blast. Haven't had too much trouble yet through Echoes. Both are performing well with their decks. I am using Decorated Skull and Torrent of Power in Akachi for some fun synergy, but I have not drawn my Torrent of Power yet across 3 scenarios! Kind of bummed about that. Would love some better card drawing mechanics for Mystics. 

Edited by Wyndam

2 hours ago, Wyndam said:

I am running Akachi and Minh through Carcosa right now and having a blast. Haven't had too much trouble yet through Echoes. Both are performing well with their decks. I am using Decorated Skull and Torrent of Power in Akachi for some fun synergy, but I have not drawn my Torrent of Power yet across 3 scenarios! Kind of bummed about that. Would love some better card drawing mechanics for Mystics. 

This is why I love Sefina. If you build her deck well, her starting hand and card accessibility is pretty amazing. Arcane Initiate to nab you Painted Worlds, typically a full starting hand of 8, and possibly 5 more potential options whenever you need them (or nearly). Torrent of Power would not really be a great option for her as she likes to focus on event spells, but she is so flexible. ❤️  To be fair, she's gated out of some of the heavier hitting spells, but she's wonderful.

Edited by Soakman