Sign in to follow this  
BigBadAndy

Spent Fathers Day putting this together...

5 hours ago, Mep said:

That is really big.

It really is.  I will probably use it most frequently in the lower configuration (second to last picture).  Sitting on the game table it’s really high.

I love this, and I know it's taken straight from RotJ, but WHY are those doors leading out to nowhere, and WHY are they thirty feet off the ground?! The pad only makes sense in that second to last picture, the lower configuration.

30 minutes ago, Chucknuckle said:

I love this, and I know it's taken straight from RotJ, but WHY are those doors leading out to nowhere, and WHY are they thirty feet off the ground?! The pad only makes sense in that second to last picture, the lower configuration.

They are for disembarking and loading troopers into the AT-ATs.

7 hours ago, Chucknuckle said:

Yeah, @ID X T has it right. It’s in line with the “no railings” policy of the Empire to have doors to nowhere hanging 35 feet in the air.  And the landing platform itself has removable railings for this reason, lol.

The less cinematic configurations, though, seem more useful for Legion gameplay.  

56 minutes ago, Crawfskeezen said:

Where abouts do you live? I was looking at ordering some of those because they look amazing. But after filling the cart and looking at shipping it was clocking in over $250. Not sure if I can justify that... Yet.

I’m in northern Virginia, USA.  The landing pad is from Battle Kiwi.  If I recall it wasn’t all that expensive in and of itself (89 NZD or about 60 USD).  Considering the size of it, that’s pretty good.  Shipping for international orders tops out around 45 NZD so it helps if you order a few things at once.  But yeah, it’s easy to grab one of everything and end up with a big cart...  I did add on a mini painting desk and a dice tray:

hc5Ne59.jpg

nXAZLSi.jpg

The little desk/tray is a terrific addition to my work space and is really helpful in keeping me organized.

But yeah, cost and value questions are deeply personal and include your disposable income, what else you might spend it on, your time etc.  I was planning to build DIY terrain but I’m so far behind in painting minis that I decided to just throw money at it.  I dipped my toe in with their bunker and then ordered the pad later after I realized how much I liked the bunker.

9 hours ago, Crawfskeezen said:

Where abouts do you live? I was looking at ordering some of those because they look amazing. But after filling the cart and looking at shipping it was clocking in over $250. Not sure if I can justify that... Yet.

Imperialterrain.com have partnered with Battle Kiwi and are selling the kits in North America. Though I had a look and some are currently sold out. But maybe keep an eye on it, or ask when they might get more. 

11 hours ago, BigBadAndy said:

I’m in northern Virginia, USA.  The landing pad is from Battle Kiwi.  If I recall it wasn’t all that expensive in and of itself (89 NZD or about 60 USD).  Considering the size of it, that’s pretty good.  Shipping for international orders tops out around 45 NZD so it helps if you order a few things at once.  But yeah, it’s easy to grab one of everything and end up with a big cart...  I did add on a mini painting desk and a dice tray:

hc5Ne59.jpg

nXAZLSi.jpg

The little desk/tray is a terrific addition to my work space and is really helpful in keeping me organized.

But yeah, cost and value questions are deeply personal and include your disposable income, what else you might spend it on, your time etc.  I was planning to build DIY terrain but I’m so far behind in painting minis that I decided to just throw money at it.  I dipped my toe in with their bunker and then ordered the pad later after I realized how much I liked the bunker.

Yea, I'm in Canada, same deal. It all just looks so good!

3 hours ago, ID X T said:

Imperialterrain.com have partnered with Battle Kiwi and are selling the kits in North America. Though I had a look and some are currently sold out. But maybe keep an eye on it, or ask when they might get more. 

That's good to know. I'll keep an eye out.

Edit:

Yikes, I'm just looking at the stuff on Imperial Terrain. It's almost double the price after exchange rates, and that doesn't factor in shipping, it may just be cheaper to order it from NZ.

Edited by Crawfskeezen

23 hours ago, BigBadAndy said:

Yeah, @ID X T has it right. It’s in line with the “no railings” policy of the Empire to have doors to nowhere hanging 35 feet in the air.  And the landing platform itself has removable railings for this reason, lol.

The less cinematic configurations, though, seem more useful for Legion gameplay.  

Its for ATAT to dock next to.

G8GNINg.jpg

Edited by VAYASAN

2 minutes ago, BigBadAndy said:

Huh.  Looks pretty good.  I might check it out.  I don’t need extremely accurate scale for everything.

Yeah in truth its too small....but imo it works pretty well as terrain...its huge, towers over the Battlefield without taking up too much room.....perfect.