Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Eyegor

Next conversion kit guess

Recommended Posts

Does anyone else think that the next conversion kit will include both Resistance and First Order ships together? Compared to Rebel, Imp, or even Scum; I think there are fewer overall ships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They said the resistance/first order kits will be separate, and cheaper than the first three, 29.99 US was tossed around somewhere. 

Edited by Ayleron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ayleron said:

They said the resistance/first order kits will be separate, and cheaper than the first three, 29.99 US was tossed around somewhere. 

This is the part where I agree with the "Cash Grab" camp. The Resistance has 3 ships, the First Order has 4. Even if they give you a comparable number of dials, cardboard, and ship cards, and upgrades, $29.99 is too much of a price to pay unless it is for the COMBINED group.

[NOTE: The following numbers have counted directly from the X-Wing Miniatures Wiki pages for the respective 1.0 factions. Addition errors and missing information may have contributed to errors in this list.]

The First Order has 20 pilots across 4 ships. (21 pilots if you count Kylo twice for his two space-frames)
The Resistance has 18 pilots across 3 ships.

Rebels have 64 pilots across 17 ships (with several of those being doubles of the Crew of the Ghost)
Imperials have 61 pilots across 13 ships.
Scum have 56 pilots across 16 ships.

A third of the $50 price point established by the current sets is approximately fair. So $20 is the most they can reasonably expect people to pay, and that's rounding up another $3. If FFG wants even more of our money, they SHOULD do a combined package for $50. That ratio is the best for them that doesn't entirely screw the fanbase of those ships. I still say it may be too much.

Edited by Yakostovian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Yakostovian said:

This is the part where I agree with the "Cash Grab" camp. The Resistance has 3 ships, the First Order has 4. Even if they give you a comparable number of dials, cardboard, and ship cards, and upgrades, $29.99 is too much of a price to pay for the COMBINED group.

Unless there are new cross faction ships like the a wing. Even so your point has strong merit, I guess we will need to see what the official announcement is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ayleron said:

Unless there are new cross faction ships like the a wing. Even so your point has strong merit, I guess we will need to see what the official announcement is. 

Do you mean to say that you think the Resistance A-Wing will just be in the Resistance conversion kit for a regular A-Wing model?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yakostovian said:

Do you mean to say that you think the Resistance A-Wing will just be in the Resistance conversion kit for a regular A-Wing model?

That’s certainly a possibility. They are no where near as different as the 2 x-wings. I didn’t even notice that they WERE different until it was mentioned on here a few times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like, release a large box for $30-40 that converts the T-70, Falcon, and Bomber to 2.0, and comes with a Resistance A-Wing.

FO already has FO Fighter, SF Fighter, Silencer, and Upsilon, so not bad. They could do with an ordinance carrier, though. Maybe release the conversion with an FO Bomber? (You see an FO bomber and interceptor in TLJ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HanScottFirst said:

Like, release a large box for $30-40 that converts the T-70, Falcon, and Bomber to 2.0, and comes with a Resistance A-Wing.

FO already has FO Fighter, SF Fighter, Silencer, and Upsilon, so not bad. They could do with an ordinance carrier, though. Maybe release the conversion with an FO Bomber? (You see an FO bomber and interceptor in TLJ).

That does little for the guy that wants to buy a couple of Resistance A-Wings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At $30, they'd have to provide a FULL 100 200 points of each ship's cheapest generic to even consider it, I think.

I had originally assumed that they would provide for both factions in one similarly-sized box, since there's so much less of it, but given their new feature of not "forcing" people to buy ships outside of their preferred faction, I expect that will mean that the two will be seperate.

I'm not super committed to the sequel trilogy ships in the first place. I never even bought into the last wave of snail-bomber and super-intercepter, or whatever, so if they don't provide for everything I already have, I'll probably end up defaulting to OT/Scum only.

I pretty well enjoy all of Star Wars (minus the prequels) but I guess there's an actual limit after all. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was buying one of every ship, and then later regretted it. I recently committed a buddy to buying my Resistance Bomber (less a single Tragedy Stimulator) for $25. I may not upgrade my Sequel Trilogy Ships at all at the commonly quoted $30 price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is unclear whether that is an FO interceptor, or just an older model being re-sold. FO used old school AT-AT-s as well. 

 

Plus with the new innovative design of the Sequels, we can't really be sure whether it is the same ship, or a new version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yakostovian said:

Do you mean to say that you think the Resistance A-Wing will just be in the Resistance conversion kit for a regular A-Wing model?

I hope not. The RZ-1 and RZ-2 are visibly different. Like, clearly.

BUT the Resistance DID use RZ-1s on occasion (a lot more often than the Rebellion used ARC-170s in Canon so far...) so there's nothing to say they can't get one. By that token, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they got some Z-95s, T-65s, or E-Wings (or B-Wings?) either. Actually I think it'd be kind of cool as long as we got enough REAL pilots for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I hope not. The RZ-1 and RZ-2 are visibly different. Like, clearly

Only if you put them next to each other for comparison, or have spent an inordinate amount of time studying them. Otherwise a person could easily not realize there was a difference. 

Heck, I just watched TFA last night with a long time SW fan and he didn’t realize that the x-wings in it were different than those in ANH. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

Only if you put them next to each other for comparison, or have spent an inordinate amount of time studying them. Otherwise a person could easily not realize there was a difference. 

Heck, I just watched TFA last night with a long time SW fan and he didn’t realize that the x-wings in it were different than those in ANH. 

Almost like TIE/FO-s and normal TIE-s

The visual design for the sequel trilogy sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

Almost like TIE/FO-s and normal TIE-s

Except for the reversed color scheme. That’s pretty noticeable. 

 

 

2 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

The visual design for the sequel trilogy sucks

Oh man, does it ever. 

Edited by Forgottenlore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

Only if you put them next to each other for comparison, or have spent an inordinate amount of time studying them. Otherwise a person could easily not realize there was a difference. 

Heck, I just watched TFA last night with a long time SW fan and he didn’t realize that the x-wings in it were different than those in ANH. 

Depends on the person. I have had no trouble picking out the difference between the older models and the new from early images without direct comparisons or long study.

Edited by SabineKey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×