Crabbok

I just discovered Skyrim

I know this sounds silly, but for whatever reason I never played Skyrim until this week.  

Holy crap!   It's amazing for such an old game!   Makes me the next elder scrolls will be insanity!  I just wish my fire magic would actually set things aflame, like torches, and people's homes.  

I've sunk far, far, far too many hours into that particular game.  3 playthroughs, hundreds of hours, and I'm still discovering things I haven't seen before every time I go back to it.

One of the joys is starting a game, completely ignoring the mainquest line and just heading off out into the world to explore.

13 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

I wish I could wipe that game from my memory and replay it.

FYI Horizon: Zero Dawn is another fantastic title with similar play and a story worth watching.

Looked interesting but I'm not interested in the ps4 enough to ever play it.

44 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

I wish I could wipe that game from my memory and replay it.

That's how I've often felt about the MYST series.

3 hours ago, Demon4x4 said:

Is there a Star Wars skin mod for that game yet? :P

Hm...this sort of game could be a great platorm for Star Wars, different from pure FPSs or Old Republic style RPGs.  Not that I dislike either, mind, but something different could be fun.

Bethesda!  Make it happen!

I played waaaay to much Morrowind (Elder scrolls III). Oh the stories I could tell.

I like how things you do have lasting consequences:

I got into the habbit of killing vampires. Once I entered a tomb and shot a few fireballs at the first one that I saw. But it turned out it was a normal person. "Probably some tomb looter", I tought and carried on.
Then, a month or two (real time) later I get a quest to go talk to some Ashlanders. They don't wanna talk to me unless I bring back one who's gone adventuring in a nearby tomb. And as I'm walking towards the tomb I'm starting to feel uneasy. This place seems kinda familiar. Like I've been here before. Surley it can't be? But as I (re)enter the tomb it hits me; Yes I've been here before, and the person I fireballed was the one I was suposed to bring back to the ashlander camp. Whoops. That's one quest that didn't get completed.

Then there was the time I encountered my first flame antorach in an abandoned mine and tought it was a ballrog...

4 hours ago, Ccwebb said:

About to re-purchase it for Xbox1.  I played it on the 360 years ago, loved it amazing game. 

At least you can get the unofficial fix mod, poor switch users are stuck with the buggy original.

Why in 10 years they haven't made the mod communities fixes a part of the base game boggles the mind.

Bless you modders for your hard work.

So much content in that game.  SO MUCH OF IT.  Even before the expansions (which are all really good as well).  Daedric quests, Thieves Gulld, Shadows, Harry Potter, Companions, Civil War etc.  And the Easter eggs - hunting for Frost Trolls in the far north....

Bugs or no, as far as games go it's an almost insane achievement.

And if we're sharing mods:

Edited by FTS Gecko

Feels so strange... because I'm finding myself staying up real late now, NOT wanting to go to bed... because I want to explore JUST a little bit more... do ONE MORE dungeon..... go back and sell stuff and do JUST a little bit more... each night.   Haven't felt like this in years.   

It's pretty funny actually. 

1 hour ago, Crabbok said:

Feels so strange... because I'm finding myself staying up real late now, NOT wanting to go to bed... because I want to explore JUST a little bit more... do ONE MORE dungeon..... go back and sell stuff and do JUST a little bit more... each night.   Haven't felt like this in years.  It's pretty funny actually. 

That moment when an unvisited location appears on the compass, and you just have to run over in that direction to find out what's there...

...ooo, Sightless Pit?  Go on then, I'll take a quick look...

2 hours ago, Crabbok said:

Feels so strange... because I'm finding myself staying up real late now, NOT wanting to go to bed... because I want to explore JUST a little bit more... do ONE MORE dungeon..... go back and sell stuff and do JUST a little bit more... each night.   Haven't felt like this in years.   

It's pretty funny actually. 

You think that's bad? I couldn't log out until my character was back "home" in his room at the mages/fighters guild. It just felt right.

Or you find yourself just staring at the night sky for minutes...

12 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

Check out Breath of the Wild. It’s amazing. 

I love that one too.  That and Skyrim are literally the only video games I've been crazy about in like the last 7-8 years.  Makes me REALLY excited for the next Elder Scrolls.  

If it combines the lore, complexity, and freedom of Skyrim, with the engine, physics, and smart-ness of BotW...  it'll be amazing.  I wanna spend a whole day chopping down a forest, and then wander into the town and hear the locals complain about the wood shortage, of the bears migrating into town since their home(the forest) is gone.  

The next step up from Skyrim would be Witcher 3. It's my favorite game of all time. My first play through of Witcher 3 with both expansions took me over 220 hrs to finish. I didn't do anything with Gwent in the game either. Also as an incentive to further play the game after completion is New Game+ mode. Greatest RPG style game I've ever played.

On 6/19/2018 at 10:34 AM, FTS Gecko said:

Also - Archery = OP.

Which, to be fair, is exactly what knights found out to their cost in the Middle Ages.

"Lngbwos OP plz NERF" -France, after the Battle of Agincourt