Jump to content
TheCantankerous

FFG: It's not me, it's YOU

Recommended Posts

Hi FFG, 

For years I have played your games. Xwing, Imperial Assault, Destiny, Legion, Conquest LCG, Star Wars LCG, Arkham Horror LCG, LotR LCG, L5R LCG, and Netrunner. I've spent thousands on your products, and had much joy from them. But none have been so enjoyable or memorable as Netrunner. 

I was therefore saddened to hear of Netrunner's cancellation, but was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt regarding the process and negotiations (though in truth I've been worried about your treatment of customers for a while now...). 

To learn today that the proposed farewell, the big sendoff to the game I love more than any other game I've ever played, Reign and Reverie, will not be available in Australia (and elsewhere, by the sounds of it...) filled me with what can only be described as a burning rage.

You have four months. Move heaven and goddamn earth to make it right to customers, whom, like me, have been faithful and enjoyed your games for years.

We deserve better. 

Be better. 

Your disgruntled customer, 

Blake.

 

YOU CAME THROUGH WITH A SECOND PRINTING - THANK YOU!!!!

Edited by TheCantankerous
CLARIFICATION/UPDATE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. The German version ("Herrschaft und Traum") is still listed in several online game shops. The German Asmodee website still says 'Release Date 06/2018'.

I'm pretty sure it's already been translated and printed. It would be really strange not to release it at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to be sold out in the US as well, so we didn't get a lot of it either. BTW you need to send your complaint to customer service. They won't see it here. This is one of those products that will be stupid expensive on ebay soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jhaelen said:

Hmm. The German version ("Herrschaft und Traum") is still listed in several online game shops. The German Asmodee website still says 'Release Date 06/2018'.

I'm pretty sure it's already been translated and printed. It would be really strange not to release it at this point.

Translating into German is a lot easier than translating into Australian. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect there will be many disgruntled customers, especially if obtaining an actual copy of R&R turns out to be as difficult as some are saying. Very unfortunate indeed, and something that may turn any number of previously loyal customers away from future FFG products. Time will tell.

I don't like that ANR is ending, or the way the last deluxe expansion has been handled, but I do respect FFG for dealing with the hard realities of unexpected events in their business. If enough customers demonstrate their discontent with their wallets, then perhaps that will change FFG's stance in the future (but doesn't help any of us right now). It's also given me an opportunity to consider FFG practices as a potential shareholder, and what I see is a company that relies too heavily on one specific IP which could also be lost at some point. If that were to happen (because anything's possible), I can't really see any of the in-house IP lines compensating for the potential revenue loss (Android, Arkham, Terrinoth, etc). Basically, if Disney fails to renew the Star Wars IP, then FFG/Asmodee's bottom line could tank very quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, tmr15 said:

I suspect there will be many disgruntled customers, especially if obtaining an actual copy of R&R turns out to be as difficult as some are saying.

Some good news; FFG have tweeted that R&R is having a second print run rushed through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, they just restock the cycle after I have to pay scalper prices to get some of the last copies. At least I can probably get a copy of R&R now. The fact that I'm relieved probably means it should be my picture on Easy Mark, eh?

Edited by PenguinBonaparte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I have the choice between living without or paying a scalper, I just live without. Clearly FFG has some stock in the back room.

Please, no one feed the scalpers. It just encourage them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumor is that they recalled a bunch of stuff from distributors. There were US stores that had ordered stock with it showing, only to get notifications that what they ordered was no longer in stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mep said:

When I have the choice between living without or paying a scalper, I just live without. Clearly FFG has some stock in the back room.

Please, no one feed the scalpers. It just encourage them.

Well the demand is enough that people will always take advantage of scarcity, and unlike something like antiquities or whatnot, it's not morally compromising me so I don't see why I should deny myself the end of the game that I want to play long into the future if I can swing it. I don't like it at all, but it's a coordinated action problem with no good solution. Same reason boycotts rarely work and it's only the threat of extreme bad publicity that stirs even token actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2018 at 4:31 PM, PenguinBonaparte said:

Well the demand is enough that people will always take advantage of scarcity, and unlike something like antiquities or whatnot, it's not morally compromising me so I don't see why I should deny myself the end of the game that I want to play long into the future if I can swing it. I don't like it at all, but it's a coordinated action problem with no good solution. Same reason boycotts rarely work and it's only the threat of extreme bad publicity that stirs even token actions.

Like I have been saying all along, some of these megacorps have become so big a small boycott of 100 doesn't hut them when they are selling millions of units.

However Asmodee is not one of those mega corp. Sure it is getting to be one of the biggest names in Board game but no where near as big as Hasbro. Also Asmodee is owned by Eurazeo which is more of an equity firm as the table top game industry is nowhere near as big as the video game industry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We still dont have Reign and Reverie here in Chile. We pay for the pre order, and today the store contact us with the sad news. Our entire community its worried about this. Plz FFG, we are loyal customers and players, we dont deserve this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...