BrotherOrii

Help me choose my last Rebel Troop Squad colors

Hey all,

I'm having difficulty coming up with a scheme for my last squad of Rebel Troopers. Originally I was going to go with an echo base/Snow theme however after seeing the latest expansions I kinda wanna hold off on that style of scheme just in case they do release a squad of Echo Base troopers.

So far I've got a Scariff theme squad and one squad using Sorastro's forest theme & some fleeties. Would love to hear some suggestions on what to do with my last squad as I'm out of ideas.

Cheers!

Edited by BrotherOrii

I am just wrapping up a squad in blues and grays.  It came together haphazardly and I just started withrhe idea of sort of an urban camo but it looks a lot more like police dress uniforms at this point.  I’m still trying to figure out the basing, but they do look cool.  I will snap a few pics when I get home tonight.  

1 minute ago, BigBadAndy said:

I am just wrapping up a squad in blues and grays.  It came together haphazardly and I just started withrhe idea of sort of an urban camo but it looks a lot more like police dress uniforms at this point.  I’m still trying to figure out the basing, but they do look cool.  I will snap a few pics when I get home tonight.  

That sounds pretty cool! Looking forward to seeing them ?

These are still WIP.  They need some basecoat touch ups, the metal belt buckles and a few arms glued on.  Then shading and touch ups. But you can see the general scheme.

2qWXycK.jpg

GPqOmF2.jpg

jqnWftl.jpg

DXfzHPP.jpg

tlvlh50.jpg

I haven’t figured out what to do with the bases yet.

Here’s a slightly more complete group shot.  Still haven’t washed them...

ELy27Xo.jpg

Edited by BigBadAndy

I enjoyed doing an urban cammo on my Rebel Troops. Base in a grey, and cover in white and black stripes. I also did a blue and brown setup that looked sharp. I've got two more to do down the road, and I'm also debating how to do them (also did a Sorastro squad and a Rogue One inspired squad).

On 6/16/2018 at 7:59 AM, BigBadAndy said:

These are still WIP.  They need some basecoat touch ups, the metal belt buckles and a few arms glued on.  Then shading and touch ups. But you can see the general scheme.

2qWXycK.jpg

GPqOmF2.jpg

jqnWftl.jpg

DXfzHPP.jpg

tlvlh50.jpg

I haven’t figured out what to do with the bases yet.

Here’s a slightly more complete group shot.  Still haven’t washed them...

ELy27Xo.jpg

This is a cool scheme, but I kinda already have a dark blue Squad. You should definitely post some pics when you are done though would love to see them :)

7 hours ago, Rogue Dakotan said:

You could pick a character you like and use their color pallete. 

That's what I've done for most of my units. 

And if you pick a character from one of the animated shows, they already have nice color pallets to look at: 

1*RMNwUX_nEEdg3-Cec_5aQg.jpeg

Really good idea. Was there a particular website you got this image from?

13 hours ago, BrotherOrii said:

Really good idea. Was there a particular website you got this image from?

Usually just googling "CHARACTER NAME Colors" is enough to find it in the image search. 

Though stuff like this can be found in the episode guide for each episode of Rebels or TCW on Starwars.com in the Concept Art Gallery. 

22 hours ago, BrotherOrii said:

This is a cool scheme, but I kinda already have a dark blue Squad. You should definitely post some pics when you are done though would love to see them :)

Sure:

nraupm3.jpg

rSijQDX.jpg

WVbfRbP.jpg

D7mo5Cr.jpg

My wife suggested snow bases so I added some cork rocks and covered them in snow.  Works prettt well, I think.

46 minutes ago, BigBadAndy said:

My wife suggested snow bases so I added some cork rocks and covered them in snow.  Works prettt well, I think.

Dude I love that you did a white duros! I was thinking about doing a white/grey one. Looks sweet