Cubanboy

Happy Friday ...... Maybe .....

My last victim was a TIE Bomber which I swiped off the table.  Of course the peg broke off when it hit the floor.

Most memorable though was another swiping incident where a TIE Fighter solar panel came off when it hit the floor.  Must’ve been a Friday job.  It’s always the fault of the floor too.

Nothing a bit of epoxy resin couldn’t fix though.  I’ve learnt super glue is usually useless for these repair jobs.

Happy Friday CB!

Out of my entire fleet, there's been some ships that should probably have been sent to the scrap pile (But I keep them and fix them and use them anyway) :

I have a B-wing cannon I have managed to not lose on several occasions when I should have (But it's painted in prototype colors so it's very easy to spot).

I had the solar panel for the TIE advanced separate (not break). Was an odd but easy glue fix.

I have snapped the Solar panel off of a TIE fighter by mistake. (Mine, thankfully)

And my latest seems to be a Friday at 4:59pm TIE defender. I had the peg snap off in my first game, and I have had to re-glue it so many times it is now fused there because the bottom of the TIE ball melted and fused with the top of the peg. (By accident to, It was scary when it happened. I was not expecting a plastic spaceship to start turning into liquid goo). On top of that the cannon barrel tips have decided to take a crack and see if they can just snap off.

Thankfully the rest of my fleet has not suffered any harm. (It's almost thematic that 3 of my misfit toys come from the vast empire who has always favored Quantity over Quality.)

Edited by FlyingAnchors

An errant sleeve caught the inquisitor once and sent him on his way to the floor.

Fortunately it was a clean clean break on the wing so easily fixed. 

Breaking a peg trying to remove a tie tie from a Gozanti docking clamp - that was far more irksome. 

One time I beat my 3rd round opponent at Gencon and he just kept screaming about the dice and how bad his were and how good mine were.  Then he collected his squad, slid them to his side of the board, picked up his tackle box.... and then smashed it down on his three ships, destroying them.  Then he said something like "stupid f*#&ing game anyways and now maybe the rest of them will learn to roll better!"  It was kind of scary.

The biggest casualty in my X-Wing games is the peg socket on the models.  I've had a couple break off or split, usually due to ill-fitting pegs.

There was the case where we used a new peg in an original print TIE Interceptor.  It was a very tight fit.  As we were playing, the socket on the Interceptor didn't just crack, it literally exploded, sending the Interceptor model flying off the table.

3 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

One time I beat my 3rd round opponent at Gencon and he just kept screaming about the dice and how bad his were and how good mine were.  Then he collected his squad, slid them to his side of the board, picked up his tackle box.... and then smashed it down on his three ships, destroying them.  Then he said something like "stupid f*#&ing game anyways and now maybe the rest of them will learn to roll better!"  It was kind of scary.

That's psychotic behaviour.

I have a friend who used to hit himself when he made mistakes when playing games, he's on happy pills now though he's far calmer.

11 hours ago, Cubanboy said:

Hello,

The question of the week is .....

have you injured your self or a ship playing x-wing?

Hope this isn't implying something!

I've had a few broken ship pegs... K-Wings are terrible for losing the bottom peg and I've currently got a TIE Interceptor needing repairs for the same problem. Even my C-ROC has lost the bottom peg attachment at one point.

I've also hurt my back leaning over the table too far. More than once...

Always unsure about where to set my "destroyed" ships.

My arm whacked my off-table K-wing during a game once. Hit hard floor, but shockingly, only one of the chin-turret cannons broke off.

Super glue did it right within the hour. *Whew*

I mod ships with improper connections (flat on flat surface superglue), so my ships break all the time in tournaments.  Someday I'll learn to pin them properly.  Until then.... BATTLE DAMAGE!

Happy Friday CB!

A peg brook off one of my misthunters when I was pulling it out of the plastic for the first time. Apart from that just a peg tip breaking in another peg. I've been lucky so far.

At one point I picked up a cheap memory foam bathroom mat to stand on when I play at home. Only one... my opponent can suffer without. It's nice. :D

I bought a cheap T70 off ebay that was wonky on it's peg. My boys wanted to keep it that way so it looked like it was turning, I disagreed. Was a bit of a tight fit on the peg and the 1st time I put it on, straight out the box, it snapped off due to excessive force. They insisted I glue it back on wonky :(

I've had more ship off peg incidents than I care to remember. Plus a couple ejected TIE solar panels....

Happy Friday!

I had the peg break off of the bottom of a T-70, and the B-wing that came with my first ever expansion pretty much came broken, gluing it on was how we discovered tat super glue does not work. Every other breakage that has occurred was because of how I stored my ships.

But someone at my league whom I will not name just straight up crushed the special peg from the Ghost (not mine) on accident, and the worst part was that it was his opponent's.

me, back pain.

my ships, now and then, I'll knock a killed ship off the table edge. happened to my shadowcaster first, lost a chin cannon. did it to a tie /fo. lost a wing. both easy fixes. had a defender lose a peg mount at system open. Glued by another player there. So all pretty minimal stuff.