Sign in to follow this  
Darrett

Storage Solutions

Has anyone come up with clever ways to store Career Cards or the Miniature card decks? Currently, I've got mine still in the main box along with the character boxes, while the rest of my sets are in a Case-It Z binder.

I've been hoping to find some way to store the character cards in such a way that they could be placed in the Z-binder without too much hassle, as well as the wound, insanity, miscast, and conditions decks. Any bright ideas or products that you are using?

Although I'm not using a Z-binder I did find a product that fit ALL of my cards save the career and party/nemesis cards with room to expand at Ace Hardware.

I'm not near it now, but will post pix later. I use one of those rolling catalog cases for the game (its my go-to item when RP'ing, just swap in whatever game we're playing) for the books/paraphenalia.

My storage solution for the mini cards in the Z-binder storage style is to use lots of mini bags and throw the cards (sleeved from FFG's card sleeve line) in 'em. It's not a great solution, but it keeps it organized within the Z-binder. As far as career sheets go, I've been looking into some photograph pages that might fit but haven't found any I liked yet, so if anyone comes up with anything, I'd love to see that worked out. Currently my career and other similiar-styled cards are still in their original packaging (opened, but saved enough to store them) in a pocket of the binder.

I store two complete core sets in one core set box.

The cards are in baggies; the tokens are in Altoids tins; and I just stack it into the box so that it all fits.

All GM-specific materials (monster stand-ups, location cards, the spare set of action cards, insanities, spell failures, etc.) I keep in the Adventurer's Kit box, so I have a little GM box to go with it.

Here are some pictures of how I store my WFRP3 stuff. It all fits in the core box quite nicely, though I don't have much room to grow in that regard.

javascript:void(0);/*1269708929915*/

I've made mini tuck boxes for the smaller cards, 1 box for each type. I made the boxes as deep as possible so that they will have room for future cards. All of my cards are in sleeves.

javascript:void(0);/*1269709015345*/

javascript:void(0);/*1269709037401*/

All the tokens are stored in small plastic containers I found on sale at an office supply store. They fit perfectly.

javascript:void(0);/*1269709090801*/

I have all of my standard board game size cards (actions) in sleeves, and they are in a binder. My career cards, party sheets, and nemesis org. sheets are in 4x5 protective photo sleeves, kept in the bottom of the box. Standups are in baggies, separated based on whether they are monsters or players. All of my dice are in the Adventurer's Toolkit box, which fits perfectly down in the bottom of the box. The GM Screen fits perfectly on top of everything.

The tuck boxes were made by this: javascript:void(0);/*1269709368002*/ 

I actually purchased 4x5 photo album sleeves for my career/pet/party/nemesis sheets. Makes for great presentation and easy storage. Found them on Amazon do a search under: Print File 458P 4x5 Print Storage Pages 25 Sheets.

Here's a couple shots of what I'm using currently. Room for expansion (which always needs to be taken into consideration) and modular bays. I may swap the standups into their own at some point, I see them as being the bit that'll overflow this the fastest. Picked this beauty up at Ace Hardware.

Closed:

whext.jpg

Open.

Back row has the Action cards (lying down) broken into 3 bins (Ranged/Melee, Social/misc, Blessings/Spells)

Next up, from left to right: miscast/insanity, statuses, wounds, career abilities, tactics, reputations <next row> focus, faith/order/tricks, standups <bottom row> trackers, stress/fatigue, dice, standup bases/rings, bottom right (off the shot) tracking counters.

whint.jpg

I have all the cards and stuff like that in a big binder. I have been thinking of getting another binder and dividing the stuff between the two, but not sure. There is just too much for one binder, really.

I got all the action cards alphabetized. But I am thinking about re-doing it, breaking it all down by how it was mentioned above: Melee/Ranged, social/misc., blessings/spells

Chris

I need to get some pictures taken and doll it up a little more but today I found a Chest in town and converted the inside.  It looks really good, but is nowhere near practical for long distance travel :)

MSpookshow said:

Here are some pictures of how I store my WFRP3 stuff. It all fits in the core box quite nicely, though I don't have much room to grow in that regard.

javascript:void(0);/*1269708929915*/

I've made mini tuck boxes for the smaller cards, 1 box for each type. I made the boxes as deep as possible so that they will have room for future cards. All of my cards are in sleeves.

javascript:void(0);/*1269709015345*/

javascript:void(0);/*1269709037401*/

All the tokens are stored in small plastic containers I found on sale at an office supply store. They fit perfectly.

javascript:void(0);/*1269709090801*/

I have all of my standard board game size cards (actions) in sleeves, and they are in a binder. My career cards, party sheets, and nemesis org. sheets are in 4x5 protective photo sleeves, kept in the bottom of the box. Standups are in baggies, separated based on whether they are monsters or players. All of my dice are in the Adventurer's Toolkit box, which fits perfectly down in the bottom of the box. The GM Screen fits perfectly on top of everything.

The tuck boxes were made by this: javascript:void(0);/*1269709368002*/ 

How do you make such beautiful card/tuckboxes?  Mainly I'd love to know how you got the pictures on them.  (Also does the software stretch?  As in can we make more character boxes?)

The medium-size parts holders from The Container Store...

javascript:void(0);/*1286234758085*/

...will hold mini and standard-size cards, as well as standups, tokens, and dice.

If you don't mind a solution that won't travel so well, the Bisley 5-drawer cabinets sold at the same store...

javascript:void(0);/*1286234809803*/

...are pretty great; the plastic drawer inserts listed further down on that page are ideally sized for FFG cards. The 4"×5" career and party sheets fit in the 4-compartment inserts; the standard-sized action, item, and location cards fit in the 9-compartment inserts; and the mini-sized talent, wound, insanity (etc.) cards fit in the 16-compartment inserts. And you can put standups, tokens, and dice in any compartment you're not using. :-)