FranquesEnbiens

Regionals Results Thread

Stealing this idea from the X-Wing forum, but thought I would start a place for people to post results from their Regional. If you go to one, and can share final standings, factions, and lists here, that would be awesome! If you don't want to post in public, could you send them via Facebook or Email to Initiative One? https://www.facebook.com/InitiativeOnePodcast/ or InitiativeOnePodcast@gmail.com

If someone who is going can post or send us Nationals results as well, that would be awesome.

Good luck with your tournaments everyone!

Edited by FranquesEnbiens

Gameology 

I am normally a Latari player but after a ton of games my league friends were catching on to me a little. So to shock them I show up with Uthuk. 

1st place Uthuk.

194/200
Berserkers [37] 3x2
Bloodfire Witch [5]
Warsprinter [3]
Aggressive Shrieker [5]
Total Unit Cost: 50

Flesh Rippers [38] 2x2
Total Unit Cost: 38

Ravos the Everhungry [40] 1x1
Viscera Goblet [7]
Insatiable Hunger [3]

Spined Threshers [28] 2x1
Total Unit Cost: 28

Total Unit Cost: 28

Second and Third was nearly a dead even tie of almost mirror lists. 

They were Maro solo. 2x1 Spined Threshers. 2 2x1 Deathknights. One had 3x2 reanimated with executioner the other had 2x2 lancer. Then sprinkle in a few more lancers.

Our group has been heavily Waiqar since Launch so about 5 Waiqar, 3 Daqan, and then I am mostly elves but played Uthuk this time. We have picked up several new people who are skilled gamers that will stir up the mix of races.

42 minutes ago, Bhelliom said:

Interesting! Did you play against the Executioner Waiqar player? Curious to hear how that impacts things against Uthuk.

Did the Maros have Violent Forces?

Yes executioner was my final match it’s almost won the whole game for him. The scenario and terrain forced me in close and he tied up the flesh rippers well. It one shot Ravos and some spined threshers. Super close game 20 point win. I was up over a hundred and he came storming back when things started getting disorganized.

yes both Maros had violent forces. Ravos ate him turn 3. But I lost Ravos to stop the shooting, knowing I would lose him.

Edited by Drakoniss

Copied here to make it easy:

Court of Gamers Regional Championship

1.GY - Waiqar - 25 - 270 MOV
2.MG - Latari - 22 - 188 MOV
3.RT - Latari - 18 - 92 MOV
4.SB - Daqan - 18 - 70 MOV
5.DH - Waiqar - 15 - 137 MOV
6.FA - Waiqar - 15 - 2 MOV
7.SS - Waiqar - 14 - 70 MOV

Rounds

Round 1
Demoralize Their Forces/Standoff
-DH (8 - 70 MOV) - BYE
-GY (8 - 70 MOV) - BYE
-SS (8 - 70 MOV) - BYE
-MG (7 - 31 MOV) WIN vs RT (4 - 0 MOV) LOSS - 7-4
-FA (6 - 2 MOV) WIN vs SB (5 - 0 MOV) LOSS - 6-5

Round 2
Confluence of Magic/Unprepared
-RT (12 - 70 MOV) - BYE
-GY (15 - 119 MOV) WIN vs SS (12 - 70 MOV) LOSS - 7-4
-DH (15 - 137 MOV) WIN vs FA (10 - 2 MOV) LOSS - 7-4
-MG (13 - 46 MOV) WIN vs SB (10 - 0 MOV) LOSS - 6-5

Round 3
Supply Raid/Careful Approach
-SB (18 - 70 MOV) BYE
-GY (25 - 270 MOV) WIN vs DH (15 - 137 MOV) LOSS - 10-1
-MG (22 - 188 MOV) WIN vs SS (14 - 70 MOV) LOSS - 9-2
-RT (18 - 92 MOV) WIN vs FA (15 - 2 MOV) LOSS - 6-5

Lists

GY - Waiqar

Ankaur Maro 1x1
-Violent Forces
Heavy Crossbowmen 3x1
-Tempered Steel
-Rank Discipline
Reanimates 4x3
-Raven Tabards
-Aggressive Drummer
-Lingering Dead
Carrion Lancer 1x1
Carrion Lancer 1x1
Carrion Lancer 1x1

MG - Latari

Aliana 1x1
-Malcorne’s Bequest
-Ambush Predator
Deepwood Archers 3x2
-Maegan
-Wind Rune
Frontline Scion
Close Quarters Targeting
Leonx Riders 2x2
-Bull Pennon
-Rank Discipline
Leonx Riders 2x2
-Bull Pennon
-Rank Discipline
Scion 1x1

RT - Latari

Deepwood Archers 3x2
-Maegan
-Tempered Steel
-Frontline Scion
-Close Quarters Targeting
Deepwood Archers 3x2
-Tempered Steel
-Frontline Scion
Leonx Riders 2x2
-Aliana
-Bull Pennon
-Triumphant Cry
Scion 1x1
-Vicious Roots
Scion 1x1
-Vicious Roots

SB - Daqan

Kari 1x1
Oathsworn Calvalry 2x3
-Column Tactics
Spearmen 3x2
-Lance Corporal
Heavy Crossbowmen 3x1
-Rank Discipline
-Marching Cornicen
-Tempered Steel
Heavy Crossbowmen 3x1
-Rank Discipline
-Marching Cornicen
-Tempered Steel

DH - Waiqar

Ankaur Maro 1x1
-Violent Forces
Reanimates 3x2
-Executioner
-Raven Tabards
-Aggressive Drummer
Reanimate Archers 3x2
-Tempered Steel
-Raven-Standard Banner
-Close-Quarters Targeting
Reanimate Archers 2x1
-Combat Ingenuity
Spined Threshers 2x1

FA - Waiqar

Ardus 1x1
-Ardus’ Fury
Renanimate Archers 2x1
-Combat Ingenuity
-Tempered Steel
Reanimates 3x2
-Deathcaller
-Simultaneous Orders
-Support Carrion Lancers
Reanimates 3x2
-Deathcaller
-Simultaneous Orders
-Support Carrion Lancers
Carrion Lancers 2x1
-Mastercrafted Weapons
-Combat Ingenuity

SS - Waiqar

Carrion Lancers 3x2
-Mastercrafted Weapons
-Combat Ingenuity
Reanimate Archers 2x2
-Raven-Standard Bearer
-Fire Rune
Ardus 1x1
-Obacasium’s Gauntlet
-Ancient Technique
Reanimates 2x2
-Dispatch Runner

Uncle's Games in Spokane, July 14th: 

I don't have the full set of lists, but it was three rounds, no cut, and my winning list was:

Oathsworn Cavalry [34] 2x2
Raven Tabards [2]
Total Unit Cost: 36

Rune Golems [17] 1x1
Total Unit Cost: 17

Rune Golems [17] 1x1

Kari Wraithstalker [32] 1x1
Fortunas Dice [6]
Wraith Step [1]
Total Unit Cost: 39

Heavy Crossbowmen [27] 3x1
Tempered Steel [3]
Marching Cornicen [2]
Rank Discipline [4]

Spearmen [40] 3x2
Lance Corporal [6]
Raven-Pennon Bearer [5]
Total Unit Cost: 51

Second place was @Brikhause's Daqan, and third and fourth were I believe Latari and Uthuk respectively.

3 hours ago, Bhelliom said:

Uncle's Games in Spokane, July 14th: 

I don't have the full set of lists, but it was three rounds, no cut, and my winning list was:

Oathsworn Cavalry [34] 2x2
Raven Tabards [2]

Rune Golems [17] 1x1

Rune Golems [17] 1x1

Kari Wraithstalker [32] 1x1
Fortunas Dice [6]
Wraith Step [1]
Total Unit Cost: 39

Heavy Crossbowmen [27] 3x1
Tempered Steel [3]
Marching Cornicen [2]
Rank Discipline [4]

Spearmen [40] 3x2
Lance Corporal [6]
Raven-Pennon Bearer [5]
Total Unit Cost: 51

Second place was @Brikhause's Daqan, and third and fourth were I believe Latari and Uthuk respectively.

I’ll post the lists when I get a chance.  I think Uthuk was third and Latari was 4th.  

Am I the only one questioning the applications of "byes" as a tournament prize in a game that struggles to get more than 8 players?

For X wing, whereby 400 people turn up and to win you have to essentially go 5 - 2 day one and then  6 - 0 day two, I can understand it because you are getting your monies worth of games regardless. However, for Rune Wars, where you only need to win three games to claim Regional or even National Championship status, not to mention potentially travel far and wide for said event, rocking up and only playing two games seems . . . a strange concept for me. 

I mean, I have Nationals coming up, as an example:

2. 5 hour drive up (plus picking friends up) = GBP£60 +/- in fuel
One night stay in Hotel = GBP£50
Entry Fee = GBP£25
Food + drink = Let's say GBP£40
2.5 hour drive back (drop friends off) GBP£60 +/- in fuel

GBP£235 +/- for Nationals

Use a Bye due to Regional Win

= 2 games of Rune Wars / 180 minutes of game time. 

Suppose on the plus side, the top 64, top 32. top 16 and top 8 prizes are essentially "door prizes" but even then, don't you want to actually play Rune Wars?

3 hours ago, Viktus106 said:

Am I the only one questioning the applications of "byes" as a tournament prize in a game that struggles to get more than 8 players?

For X wing, whereby 400 people turn up and to win you have to essentially go 5 - 2 day one and then  6 - 0 day two, I can understand it because you are getting your monies worth of games regardless. However, for Rune Wars, where you only need to win three games to claim Regional or even National Championship status, not to mention potentially travel far and wide for said event, rocking up and only playing two games seems . . . a strange concept for me. 

Entry Fee = GBP£25

Suppose on the plus side, the top 64, top 32. top 16 and top 8 prizes are essentially "door prizes" but even then, don't you want to actually play Rune Wars?

Money doesn’t play into it, but this sums up why I have never used a bye from a store championship for Armada or Runewars

9 hours ago, Church14 said:

Money doesn’t play into it, but this sums up why I have never used a bye from a store championship for Armada or Runewars

So I can see a National, Continental, or Worlds Championship using a bye.   Only because there is always going to be a cut to at least top 2 if not 4.   So even if it is three rounds in the normal qualifying rounds you basically get a game of rest and can use it to watch the other players and see how they are playing their lists.   Then theoretically still play the next 2 rounds and likely qualify for the finals getting 3 rounds if not 4 rounds if the cut is to top 4. 

4 hours ago, Brikhause said:

So I can see a National, Continental, or Worlds Championship using a bye.   Only because there is always going to be a cut to at least top 2 if not 4.   So even if it is three rounds in the normal qualifying rounds you basically get a game of rest and can use it to watch the other players and see how they are playing their lists.   Then theoretically still play the next 2 rounds and likely qualify for the finals getting 3 rounds if not 4 rounds if the cut is to top 4. 

That’s fair. Though I’ve never played at any of those level events (until this Gencon)

On 7/20/2018 at 10:08 AM, Viktus106 said:

Entry Fee = GBP£25

Can I ask which nationals you have coming up? 

FFGHQ regionals wrapped up. 7 players. I’ll get off my butt eventually and do a full AAR.

I took 1st with 27. I think my MOV was 441. I brought my Uthuk.

3 way tie for 2nd place at 19. 3rd and 4th actually had the same MOV and went to strength of schedule. 

Edited by Church14

1 hour ago, Church14 said:

FFGHQ regionals wrapped up. 7 players. I’ll get off my butt eventually and do a full AAR.

I took 1st with 27. I think my MOV was 441. I brought my Uthuk.

3 way tie for 2nd place at 19. 3rd and 4th actually had the same MOV and went to strength of schedule. 

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, FranquesEnbiens said:

Thanks!

My list below. If any part of it doesn’t make sense, go ahead and ask. To me this is a pretty lean, straightforward Uthuk list. 

199/200
Flesh Rippers [22] 2x1
Total Unit Cost: 22

Viscera Goblet [7]
Insatiable Hunger [3]

Scuttling Horror [3]
Total Unit Cost: 31

Scuttling Horror [3]

Berserkers [50] 3x3
Frontline Spined Thresher [7]
Warsprinter [3]
Aggressive Shrieker [5]
Total Unit Cost: 65

7 hours ago, Church14 said:

My list below. If any part of it doesn’t make sense, go ahead and ask. To me this is a pretty lean, straightforward Uthuk list. 

199/200
Flesh Rippers [22] 2x1
Total Unit Cost: 22

Viscera Goblet [7]
Insatiable Hunger [3]

Scuttling Horror [3]

Scuttling Horror [3]

Berserkers [50] 3x3
Frontline Spined Thresher [7]
Warsprinter [3]
Aggressive Shrieker [5]
Total Unit Cost: 65

I might play with this a bit.  Just got back from a big vacation.  I like the idea of 2x1 threshers with scuttling horror.  Thst makes them really flexible and utilizes one of the best cost/value points  for all units.  Ravos has a stock build.  So that leaves playing with the 2x1 and 3x3.

This is the only list if you want to win. All the best units in the game as well as great flexibility. I used to love how well balanced the game was until ravos, threshers and warsprinter. Nicely built list

48 minutes ago, Corto said:

This is the only list if you want to win. All the best units in the game as well as great flexibility. I used to love how well balanced the game was until ravos, threshers and warsprinter. Nicely built list

That seems to be the general feeling but given that the sample size is so small and you don't have to win too many consecutive matches to take home the trophy, I think it's still too early to tell. 

The FFGHQ event only managed 7 players and we don't know how many people brought Uthuk. It could have been 5 Uthuk and 2 Latari for all we know. 

Plus, be interested to know how many byes were used as that will skewer the results too. 

5 hours ago, Viktus106 said:

That seems to be the general feeling but given that the sample size is so small and you don't have to win too many consecutive matches to take home the trophy, I think it's still too early to tell. 

The FFGHQ event only managed 7 players and we don't know how many people brought Uthuk. It could have been 5 Uthuk and 2 Latari for all we know. 

Plus, be interested to know how many byes were used as that will skewer the results too. 

7 players. No byes used  

4 Uthuk

1 Daqan

1 Waiqar

1 ?? (I dont remember it)

6 hours ago, Corto said:

Cool. I’ll just hand in my Store Champ and Adepticon trophies where I ran a different list. The guy who won nationals can turn in his Daqan. All the non-Uthuk regionals and store champ winners can turn in their prizes. You’ll need to inform all of the U.K. that the Latari actually suck and that they need to buy Uthuk to win. 

Maybe I’m being unreasonable, but this comment pisses me off. It ignores that this list folds like toilet paper if everything doesn’t go right. It ignores how badly crossbows can just melt any part of this list. It ignores how much this list sucks at facing armor. It ignores how hard of a time this list has against efficient blight (or any bane, really). It ignores how an early initiative army can just take this apart. It ignores that this list is super reliant on winning charges and dictating the terms of the fight.

Maybe it is because I primarily play Uthuk, but I’m always aware how quickly the house of cards that is any Uthuk list can come apart. 

You want something specific:

Daqan Spearstar with Lance Corporal and Metered March. It dials in the I8 march and a charge modifier. If I make a mistake (since my last activation is I7) and get in charge range, he exhausts Lance and Charges. If I don’t, it just “moves” and waits.  When/if it wins the charge, it does and average of 9-10 Damage. Then it will activate before me, refresh Lance because Daqan are going to have inspiration, and dials in a hit. Cool, I now take 12-15 Damage. 

In a sequence where I cannot respond, I just took 21-25 Damage that I cant Shield Wall. My BerserkerStar is down to 3 trays. So no rerolls and my sacrifice ability will cost me figure upgrades. I do an average 5 damage, which he can use that shield wall to make kill 3 figures. He likely puts me down to a single tray before I activate a second melee swing. I finish that fight costing him 1-2 trays and I lose up to 75 points, depending on my BerserkerStar build  

This is isn’t an extreme situation. That is a fairly normal Spearstar. I face this and have to learn to fight it. Stop ******* and start learning.