groggydog

Imperial Discipline - A Legion Blog for Beginners (posts updated inside)

Hi all - you've been very kind to me with feedback on my blog aimed at first-time war gamers and Legion players, Imperial Discipline, so I decided to make a dedicated thread on the forums for all future posts. In the meantime, feel free to check out a couple of my top posts thus far:

If you ever have questions, comments, or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks again for the support, and happy commanding.

My first two new posts are also up - a quick look at the early meta for commanders who have bought into Legion but aren't sure what to run for their first army:

Hope you find these useful, or that you can pass them on to those who would.

Hey great basing tutorial! I was wondering if you have suggestions to help me out. I want to do a universal basing scheme for my rebels so they can fit on almost any style terrain like forrest, dessert, snowy, and urban. If you have any suggestions rhat would be great! Thank you ?

3 minutes ago, Gun4hire said:

Hey great basing tutorial! I was wondering if you have suggestions to help me out. I want to do a universal basing scheme for my rebels so they can fit on almost any style terrain like forrest, dessert, snowy, and urban. If you have any suggestions rhat would be great! Thank you ?

That is a really great question, and one I thought a lot about when I was deciding on my own basing scheme (which ended up being Dantooine for Imperials and Scarif for Rebels).

When I think of a base that would apply anywhere, the main thing that comes to mind is concrete/rubble/construction. No matter what planet you're on, it has buildings. There's a really simple rubble base tutorial that I like here:

Outside of that, it's kind of tough. I honestly think you'll like it better if you just pick a theme and roll with it. I was worried when I first started playing about how that might clash with changing battlefields, but since then I've given it so little thought. So pick something, do a couple test models, and stick with what you like!

11 minutes ago, Gun4hire said:

Ok thanks! Im a huge fan of endor so i think if i uad to choose id do a forest theme. Ill check out that rubble tutorial video. Thanks! ?

Endor is a great way to go :)  I'm hoping to do an article on that soon, but you could basically apply what I did in my "How to Create a Scenic Base Article" but also add more foliage, mud, and maybe bits of twigs from your yard and you'd have a great look.

Hey I wanted to thank you for this, it really helped out with choosing paints and undercoats.

Dumb question though, when you say be careful with the kryolon spray is there something bad about kryolon spray?

On 7/28/2018 at 9:42 AM, Rmills228 said:

Hey I wanted to thank you for this, it really helped out with choosing paints and undercoats.

Dumb question though, when you say be careful with the kryolon spray is there something bad about kryolon spray?

Thanks so much for saying that! Glad it helped. I've just found that Kryolan doesn't always come out even, so when you use it make sure to do short, light bursts and you'll be fine.