Sign in to follow this  
K13R4N

Darth Maul Crew 2.0

What does it mean "you may equip dark side upgrades"??

Will non-force users be able to equip dark side upgrades or will it only work on pilots like Asajj who already have a force talent slot??

If this card says dark side upgrades that obviously means there will be light side but what will Asajj be able to equip without Maul? Grey? or Dark side? If its dark side then what's the point in Maul saying that, Just for rebels? ?

Would FFG make a card for Scum and Rebels and make an ability only work if your a force user??

Maybe with the ability for Point costs to be different on different ships we could see Darth Maul be eg. 1 point on Dengar but 5 Points on Asajj??

?Now i'm just confused ?

Has anything been confirmed about this card?

We don't know yet.  It doesn't give the Force slot, so presumably ylou can only equip them if you have the Force slot in the first place.

Alex indicated that the Force upgrades will be faction limited - Light Side=Reb/Res, Dark Side=Scum/Empire/FO

There are no current Light and Dark Side Force abilities.

In short, we don't really know.

There are currently no Dark Side upgrades in the game, the devs have spoken about this on a stream. Maul is futureproofing. They have plans to include the upgrades at some point in the future, and when they do certain pilots will probably have the slot applied to them in the squad building app. 

Maul is going to be a means for more Scum ships to get access to Force powers as an upgrade slot, as they are currently (and likely still will be going forward) extremely limited in this area. Most Force user characters are just more naturally aligned with the Rebels or Empire than they are freelance or Scum.

Maul is also going to allow Rebel lists with Ezra to get access to them, as a nod to Rebels where Maul had a negative influence on Ezra for a time. 

6 minutes ago, Dengars Toilet Paper said:

Will non-force users be able to equip dark side upgrades or will it only work on pilots like Asajj who already have a force talent slot?

I would presume the former. Force Upgrades require the appropriate slot, and like I said Scum will have very few pilots with that slot natively. Maul is presumably a means to get a bit more use out of the mechanic for Scum.

8 minutes ago, Dengars Toilet Paper said:

If this card says dark side upgrades that obviously means there will be light side but what will Asajj be able to equip without Maul? Grey? or Dark side? If its dark side then what's the point in Maul saying that, Just for rebels?

My guess is that when Dark Side upgrades make into the game, Asajj will be given the slot. No guarantees, of course. She might still require Maul. But giving her the slot makes sense. She still used the Dark Side even as a bounty hunter, after all. 

Force sensitive pilots such as Luke and Vader have access to Force abilities such as Instinctive Aim.

I imagine that certain Force abilities will come with the wording "Light side/Dark side only" or similar.  Because (for example) you wouldn'y want Luke using Force Choke.

Maul as crew will then limit the ship he's hanging around on from accessing the full range of these abilities.

12 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Maul as crew will then limit the ship he's hanging around on from accessing the full range of these abilities.

Quite the opposite.  He will allow normally Light Side-only Rebels to equip Dark Side upgrades in addition to what they normally could.

2 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Quite the opposite.  He will allow normally Light Side-only Rebels to equip Dark Side upgrades in addition to what they normally could.

My mistake - I thought the word "only" was in there.

12 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Oh Boi are you ready for Kanan to be piloting the Ghost with Luke in the Gunner Slot and Ezra and Maul in the Hanger with "Force Choke" that is like spend 3 force to do X! 

You will always be able to spend a force as you will have extra Force tokens from all 4 of them! 

11 minutes ago, Dengars Toilet Paper said:

Oh Boi are you ready for Kanan to be piloting the Ghost with Luke in the Gunner Slot and Ezra and Maul in the Hanger with "Force Choke" that is like spend 3 force to do X! 

You will always be able to spend a force as you will have extra Force tokens from all 4 of them! 

You know you still only regen 1 per ship per round, right?

2 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Yes.  Force regenerates one per ship per round regardless of the number of regeneratin force ratings on that ship.

So, Kanan with Ezra and Maul crew would have a (I think) 4 regen 1 Force rating.

I guess it’s balanced like that.

But still it’s so lame though.

4 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Balance is never lame.

I am all for balance, normally...

But then Chess is one of the most balanced Games possible, yet it’s still pretty lame to me.

So that makes me reconsider and rather say, balance is not lame only if it’s an assymmetric kind of balance...

Edited by ForceM