Shadow345

Click here if you like the prequels more than the sequels

The prequels have many shortcomings, but George Lucas never forced Mark Hamill to play Luke Skywalker as a murder hobo that sucks the animal teet. A crime Rian Roundhead Johnson is guilty of.

The scores in the prequels, phenomenal. The scores in the sequels, very bland and forgettable.

Disney do anything good? They made Rogue One. Which had a very satisfying portrayal of Darth Vader.

Edited by Shadow345

Tfa was okay which by jj's standards makes it outstanding, I have it 6/10 but it's a remake of hope so it loses points there and the new cast is bland.

Rogue one was a dull world hopping waste of time that a decent 3rd act can't save it got a 4/10, being boring is the worst sin a movie can commit.

Tlj is hot garbage that alternates between nonsensical and boring, none of the new cast get any better Finn and poe actually get worse 3/10.

But the phantom menace is a 1/10 it's a snooze fest from the start it's characters are terrible, special effects don't hold up the script is abysmal it fails on every front.

Clone wars wasn't as boring which gets it a point over phantom 2/10, but they made Anakin into a whiney emo millenial, script again sucks and the effects are truly dire.

Revenge sucked the least 3/10 but it suffers all the same issues from the lazy direction to bad script and poor effects, and has by far the worst duel it drags on for hours.

Disney is screwing things badly but their movies are marginally better than the prequels.

The Prequels = Decent subject matter horribly executed

The Sequels = Horrible subject matter decently executed

Ben Shapiro summed it up the sequels pretty well in his latest review of Solo (which he like), he said that Disney made the big 3 OT heroes all into losers. I couldn't agree more. Do I like the prequels more? No... **** no. In fact I have no desire to re-watch any of them save for Revenge of the Sith. But frankly if it was on I'd probably toy around on my phone most of the time.

Rogue One is the strangest SW movie. Its either in someones top 3 (like me) rankings or the bottom 3.

Edited by Jo Jo

It is still up in the air for me. But I am afraid after we get to watch episode 9, we will look back at this trilogy as a whole and compare it to the prequel trilogy and come to the realization they are pretty much equal and history has repeated itself again.

3 hours ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

III is the only watchable prequel. The new Disney movies so far have been my favorites of the franchise. 

8=R1=6>7=4>Solo=5>3>1>2

Jojo 2 of the big 3 were already losers and Leia was just barely developed in the OT.

You have a strange definition of loser. How are saviors of the galaxy losers?

Because they did it by bumbling accident? Everything Han did right in rotj was an accident other than making individual shots with his blaster. 

Found the back door? Accident.

Made it in without tripping alarms? Accident.

Won a battle? Other people did that while he CLOSED an extra door.

They both equally suk. On one hand the sequals ruined several favorite characters, but on the other hand ep I ruined the force (g*ddamned midichlorians)

Here's how they break down in my personal opinion:

Top tier: Episodes IV, V and VI (the originals)

Second tier: Rogue one

Third tier: Solo

Fourth tier: The ewok movies, eps IV, V, VI (the ones Lucas ruined)

Bottom row: episodes I, II, III and VII

The flaming pits of hel: Episode VIII and the xmass special

The prequels are better than the sequels.

Rogue One is the best of the latest offerings, with Solo being a close second.

TFA and TLJ are crap by comparison.

Lucas was not perfect, but I respect most of his vision for this epic story.

The newest directors/showrunners...I don't have anything positive to say about them.

Prequels are unwatchable the effects have dated so badly, yet jurasic park a film from 1993 still holds up brilliantly.

Everything about the prequels is phoned in.

I dont like the sequel movies but at least you can see the effort put in on screen.

19 hours ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Because they did it by bumbling accident? Everything Han did right in rotj was an accident other than making individual shots with his blaster. 

Found the back door? Accident.

Made it in without tripping alarms? Accident.

Won a battle? Other people did that while he CLOSED an extra door.

BKQz.gif

5 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

Is this article aimed at (the now 70+ year old) parents and grand parents of fans who haven’t seen the film since 1977?

Who still reads cracked? Last I heard they were downsizing heavily did to massive drops in traffic.

On 6/13/2018 at 7:13 PM, Shadow345 said:

The prequels have many shortcomings, but George Lucas never forced Mark Hamill to play Luke Skywalker as a murder hobo that sucks the animal teet. A crime Rian Roundhead Johnson is guilty of.

The scores in the prequels, phenomenal. The scores in the sequels, very bland and forgettable.

58 minutes ago, AwesomeJedi said:

There is still zero evidence it's true, the twitter channel it came star wars facts is in no way official, and has a stance of if you dont like all of starwars your not a fan, hardly surprising they'd push fake news to discredit the fan base that is critical of the mouses efforts.

Miss Tran has made no statement supporting this info.

And it's been suggested she's under an NDA where social media is concerned while shooting EP IX, and that she mearly suspended her acount and did not delete it.

Not that she ever actually wanted to do social media in the first place: https://www.buzzfeed.com/krishrach/kelly-marie-tran-discovering-what-its-like-to-be-famous-is?utm_term=.oclzk9nZO#.lcMDZMywV

13 hours ago, AwesomeJedi said:

I've not seen anyone being abusive in this thread. It is absolutely fine to dislike any movie and not a contradiction with being a fan of the franchise. I personally disagree with the premise of this thread, as the sequels are some of my favourite star wars movies, but I won't claim to be objectively right.