Boba Rick

2.0 Target Lock Token Confusion

So the Target Locks in 2.0.  We have to keep a marker on the ship itself, everywhere it goes, and then put one on the thing we're locking. 

I'm asking because I'm looking up 2.0 tokens in Etsy and they are only selling like 5 or six tokens at a time.  That seems like they are relying on the tokens that come in the core to be used with what you buy from them.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

6 minutes ago, Boba Rick said:

So the Target Locks in 2.0.  We have to keep a marker on the ship itself, everywhere it goes, and then put one on the thing we're locking. 

Correct.  As with the small double sided (one side dark shade, the other side lighter grey shade) number tokens that come with every X-wing 1.0 ship, and fit into the slit in the ship base.

X-wing 2.0 "locks" will be tracked by a numbered marker that fits into the ship base and has a matching numbered lock token that you will place near the object you wish to lock onto.

2 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

I never understood why FFG made Numerical ID Tokens (1, 2, 3, ...) and Alphabetical target lock tokens (A, B, C, ...).  

I have a suspicion it was just because FFG LOVES putting as many cardboard punch tokens on a punch board as they possibly can.  If they had combined the numbers and locks to begin with, that would have been a 50% token reduction on the TL side of things ? 

But now in 2.0 there are so many new tokens to fill the void, (force powers, charge mechanics, jam, reinforce, calculate, etc.) they can rest easy knowing each printable inch of punch board will be maxed out and the X-wing hoarder in many of us will have even more boxes of extra punch outs to consume our living spaces!

11 minutes ago, Lightningclaw said:

Hopefuly they aren't shorting us on lock tokens. I never did have enough target locks in 1.0.

Are you being serious? Weren’t they just about done with the second run through the alphabet when 2.0 was announced? And you only really need a half dozen. 

15 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

Are you being serious? Weren’t they just about done with the second run through the alphabet when 2.0 was announced? And you only really need a half dozen. 

I'm serious when I say I was short on TL tokens.

But then, my storage solution is toolboxes with individual bins.  So I keep each ship on its base and peg, in its own bin, with enough tokens to run it just by dumping out the bin on the table.  And I lost a TL pair or two, and then was it that they didn't put any TLs in Guns for Hire or something?  One way or another, I had to borrow from other ships often enough that it was frustrating to keep track of.

Using the number tokens as TLs worked fine in a pinch, though.

12 minutes ago, Sparklelord said:

I'm serious when I say I was short on TL tokens.

But then, my storage solution is toolboxes with individual bins.  So I keep each ship on its base and peg, in its own bin, with enough tokens to run it just by dumping out the bin on the table.  And I lost a TL pair or two, and then was it that they didn't put any TLs in Guns for Hire or something?  One way or another, I had to borrow from other ships often enough that it was frustrating to keep track of.

Using the number tokens as TLs worked fine in a pinch, though.

Sparklelord, want some tokens?

1 hour ago, Forgottenlore said:

I *didn't* have enough locks- now I'm going to have a Plano case that's only half full of locks and ID tokens.

and it will bug me for all eternity

6 minutes ago, Samwise Gamgee said:

Nice thoughts. I thought of continuing on in the old way. I hadn’t thought about rigging my own id tokens. 

You’d probably have to print out what you want and paste it to existing ones. The slots, unfortunately, aren’t 1/8” thick, like most 3rd party tokens. When I did my custom IDs I had to use a thinner material and glue them into the slots. 

5 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

You’d probably have to print out what you want and paste it to existing ones. The slots, unfortunately, aren’t 1/8” thick, like most 3rd party tokens. When I did my custom IDs I had to use a thinner material and glue them into the slots. 

Word. Good to know. 

5 hours ago, pickirk01 said:

A guy in may league always runs 3 ship lists and always uses the locks lettered W, A, R.  He's been absolutely inconsolable since the new locks were shown.

A friend of mine used to run a four-ship bomber list with long-range scanners. Psyching out an opponent by having K-AB-OO-M floating near his best ship from turn one works more often than you'd think.

1 hour ago, Magnus Grendel said:

A friend of mine used to run a four-ship bomber list with long-range scanners. Psyching out an opponent by having K-AB-OO-M floating near his best ship from turn one works more often than you'd think.

This is hilarious ? must try this with. Friend, perhaps four Kimogilas with Cruise missiles.

9 hours ago, pickirk01 said:

A guy in may league always runs 3 ship lists and always uses the locks lettered W, A, R.  He's been absolutely inconsolable since the new locks were shown. 

I use OMEGA when flying OL and her first order ties. Not being able to do that brings a tear to my eye.