Force Majeure

Talents you hope will make the transition 2nd edition

There are a lot of EPTs that I want to see make the transition. A great many are going to be revamped or lost.

My hope is for Determination and Lightning Reflexes to make the cut. Old cards, and rarely seen now that we're near the end times but I still get a lot of use out of them.  The artwork for Determination is being re-purposed, but that doesn't preclude it from finding new life in 2.0 but I don't know...

Which Talents do you want to see make the leap?

Intensity.  But I doubt it will make it.  It was SO awesome on Jake Farrel and I actually really enjoyed using it with Vessery - it made a Defender far less predictable with a barrel roll thrown in after movement on an X7 frame, plus fed the token stacking beast that was the 1E Defender.  It would also be awesome with the new Squints, but I know they're trying to eliminate token stacking, so, again, I doubt Intensity will make it.  It was fun while it lasted.  ?

Expose. ?

But seriously you can use the charge system for it - At the start of combat spend 1 *charge* to roll an additional attack while attacking. If you have a spent charge on this card roll 1 less evade dice when defending.  Or something like that.

They can also play around how often you can do it as well.

Swarm Leader. I saw some potential with this EPT originally and a few interesting squad builds were successful with it. I hope this can be a nice card for swarms to consider taking, especially with all this talk of people looking at taking a miniswarm plus ace. 

Lots of EPTs I would enjoy now that PTL and VI are gone and predator is bullseye only. Things like Wingman and Stay on Target and wired were always near playable (i.e. competitive) but VI and PTL and things like predator were always just better for the points.

Ive always wanted Backdraft and Quickdraw with wingman to sloop and clear Stress. Or both hard 1 and clear stress every round and still get actions with pattern analyzer, but just VI on those two were so much more useful, or even just expertise on one and adaptability on the other. So glad FFG got rid of PTL and VI in 2.0 so lists can finally evolve.

2 hours ago, RStan said:

Swarm Leader. I saw some potential with this EPT originally and a few interesting squad builds were successful with it. I hope this can be a nice card for swarms to consider taking, especially with all this talk of people looking at taking a miniswarm plus ace. 

swarm leader made me laugh manically. I love that card

I also love juke, it is the sole reason that I enjoy flying TAP Barons of the Empire. I'm going to have to put Snap Shot as my #1 card though. I absolutely LOVE flying it on a swarm of TIE fighters led by Mauler Mithel (who gets to snap shot with 3 dice because of pilot ability). Scourge was another pilot that could sneak 3 dice into a snap shot. It is in every list I fly now.

14 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

I abused the H out of Expertise since it was released. I don't want to see it in 2.0

Stay on Target is another Talent that I want to have in 2.0. I just hope it's not charge based as seems to be the trend.

Outmaneuver and Opportunist are two more favorites that I think we'll likely see.

Outmaneuver is already confirmed in.

I think it's even been shown in a preview article. It's basically the same as in 1e, except that the condition is no longer just being out of primary arc, you have to be out of any arc.

That means turrets shut it down now, if you don't dodge the mobile arc. 

Stay on Target is a great ability I'd love to see it make a return. Opportunist is an interesting one. With fewer double actions and less token stacking, it should be easier to trigger now. I always felt it was overcosted in 1e, but with less tokens around generally and the broad increase in costs of EPTs, 8 points might be about right for it now. 

Ten Numb would happily abuse the **** out of either of those EPTs, Opportunist especially. 

18 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

Expose. ?

But seriously you can use the charge system for it - At the start of combat spend 1 *charge* to roll an additional attack while attacking. If you have a spent charge on this card roll 1 less evade dice when defending.  Or something like that.

Expose, talent, 1 charge

When performing an attack from your *bullseye arc*, you may spend 1 charge to roll an additional attack dice during the combat phase (to a maximum of 4). 

When defending, you may choose to roll 1 less defense dice. If you are dealt damage while defending against this attack, gain a charge token.

Edited by Kdubb

Veteran Instincts.   (ducks behind his Gonk)  Just kidding dont kill me! 

Count me in for Lightning Reflexes. Really, I do like all those use once & toss cheap EPTs. 

Stay on target was awesome on Kad Solus. Hope it makes the cut, since Kad 's ability the same in 2.0.

Edited by JohnBoo

8 hours ago, Kdubb said:

Expose, talent, 1 charge

When performing an attack from your *bullseye arc*, you may spend 1 charge to roll an additional attack dice during the combat phase (to a maximum of 4). 

When defending, you may choose to roll 1 less defense dice. If you are dealt damage while defending against this attack, gain a charge token.

Like the thinking. I think requiring damage to recharge is too harsh though. Simply rolling 1 less green would do it. Would discourage making Hail Mary attacks against such a ship, if you shoot at it you definitely want to hit,  which might be an interesting aspect. 

On 6/14/2018 at 9:18 AM, Kdubb said:

Expose, talent, 1 charge

On 6/13/2018 at 2:41 PM, Jo Jo said:

Expose. ?

As much as I like the charge system, I don't think it works optimally for Expose, though depending in the wording it might be needed.  Personally, I'd much rather see it limited to small ships, and give you a bonus for being in an enemies bullseye arc, kind of like an anti-arc dodger idea.   

It could also be something that lowers your initiative to give a bonus.