mazz0

Which faction(s) would you collect if the prequels were included?

11 hours ago, ViscerothSWG said:

HK-47 was discovered alive in SWG's Mustafar expansion. You move his mind from a crashed semi-functioning old republic ship to a functional droid factory just as old. So it's not unreasonable for an old ship like the Ebon Hawk to survive for so long with regular maintenance and not crashing.

Yes, there are in fact a couple old Republic ships still operational by the time of the Galactic Civil War.

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/XS_stock_light_freighter

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Defender-class_light_corvette

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fortune_(starship)

12 minutes ago, Jiron said:

I voted for Resistence and CIS. I would only joined CIS if Geonosian Fighters would work how I would like them to.

How do you want them to?

Wait, *just* the Resistance and CIS?  Not even the OT stuff?

I also don't get how anyone can live without a couple of Firesprays...

1 hour ago, mazz0 said:

How do you want them to?

Wait, *just* the Resistance and CIS?  Not even the OT stuff?

I also don't get how anyone can live without a couple of Firesprays...

Ufff... I have started X-Wing pretty late, when TFA come to the cinemas. My first ship was T-70 X-Wing and I love it. I started to build Resistence and I really don't like mixing eras. So I have had few Resistence and Rebel stuff, played separately. Then, my wife started to play X-wing and I gave her all my Rebels. And bought myself some nice Scum (because I always liked Firespray). Then 2nd edition and conversion kits were announced and that expedited my decision to get back to Resistence Only mindset. I am now selling out my Scum. That's about the lack of OT ships - my wife plays these so they are at home. And I really like the Sequels so far.

Regarding CIS, I like Geonosians (since the WotC card game, my brother wanted to play Anakin so I chose Dooku and Geonosians because they are similar to MTG Goblins). I would immagine the ship and the pilots wouldn't be that great. The ship would be about the same stats as Z-95 Headhunter. The dial would be slightly different (1-bank, 1-straight, all 2s, all 3s, 3 sloops). Actions would be Focus/Evade/Barel Roll (all white, no chaining). Ship inbuild ability would be something like this: "Hive Behaviour - when attacking or defending, you can reroll one die for each other Geonosian Starfighter within range 1".

Pilots would be:

*Sun Fac - INI4 - At the start of the combat phase you can assign to your ship any kind of token from other Geonosian Starfighter ship within R1
Geonosian Guard - INI3
Geonosian Warrior - INI2
Geonosian Sentry - INI1

So basically, it would support the insect behavior. That unity makes them strong but individually they are really weak. Also would be nice to have the option of having Poggle the Lesser in CIS Sheathipede. He would do something broken like all Geonosian Starfighters share Sun Fac's ability. And he would be brutally point expensive.

Something along the line...

I used to collect everything in 1.0, although I hardly played anything but Scum, at least until the great nerfing that took them out of the 1.0 competitive metagame. 

In 2.0 I'll do the same for a while, at least until I am convinced that:

- faction balance is good enough

- there will really be no need to buy other factions for cards

If that turns out to be the case, I'll drop Sequel factions completely (fluffwise I'm not really interested in that era) and stick to Scum, Rebels and Empire, adding the CIS as a prequel faction when available. 

19 hours ago, Commander Kaine said:

Gungans are included in the "Halflings, Kender and other annoying races" clause of my unwritten Tome of Rules. 

Players have the option to pick any race, even annoying ones, but doing so, they bestow the GM with the power of random falling objects, lightning strikes, etc, while simultaneously forgoing the right to complain about such things killing their characters. 

So yes, by all means. If it takes 10 gungan warriors for you to realize, then it takes 10 gungan warriors. But you can.

With the exception of Jar-Jar and Boss Nass, I think the Gungans get a short shrift. I have always intended to play one that knows and expects players and in-universe characters to underestimate him.

So, I am basically saying I like Captain Tarpals.

1 hour ago, Yakostovian said:

With the exception of Jar-Jar and Boss Nass, I think the Gungans get a short shrift. I have always intended to play one that knows and expects players and in-universe characters to underestimate him.

Totally agree. JJ is a horrible character, but the gungan species is actually pretty cool. Just with a really annoying dialect. 

Just now, Forgottenlore said:

Possibly because it’s kinda a dumb looking ship that in the films was piloted by a character that had nothing going for him except a cool outfit. 

I happen to like the Firspray. But Boba is virtually worthless. It is only through the EU ? and the Prequels *shudder* ? that we find out he is decent at anything.

Based on his appearance in the OT? He is an opportunistic wimp.

1 minute ago, Forgottenlore said:

Totally agree. JJ is a horrible character, but the gungan species is actually pretty cool. Just with a really annoying dialect. 

I changed my entire mindset on Gungans after reading the webcomic "Darths and Droids." It was a real eye-opener.

I assume your exceptions have different reason: Jar Jar because it's understandable that everyone hates him, Boss Nass because everybody love a him?

17 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

Possibly because it’s kinda a dumb looking ship that in the films was piloted by a character that had nothing going for him except a cool outfit. 

13 minutes ago, Yakostovian said:

I happen to like the Firspray. But Boba is virtually worthless. It is only through the EU ? and the Prequels *shudder* ? that we find out he is decent at anything.

Based on his appearance in the OT? He is an opportunistic wimp.

I changed my entire mindset on Gungans after reading the webcomic "Darths and Droids." It was a real eye-opener.

Well, if predicting Han's manoeuvres is so easy I'm sure you guys will have no problem blocking him :P

It's not as much the ability of the player, rather the zeitgeist hate against these things that prevents proper play. 

Or in the case of Kender, they are just badly written. And hated by every decent person. 

9 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

I assume your exceptions have different reason: Jar Jar because it's understandable that everyone hates him, Boss Nass because everybody love a him?

My main problem with Nass, on top of the dialect issue every gungan has, is that he doesn’t look like the same species. The mouth and eyes are all wrong and we see no other gungans that look even remotely similar. 

6 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

It's not as much the ability of the player, rather the zeitgeist hate against these things that prevents proper play. 

Or in the case of Kender, they are just badly written. And hated by every decent person. 

Gungan Darkside Witch Doctor. Your hate makes him strong, and he heals you by ripping the life out of some frogs he keeps in cages.

6 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

in the case of Kender, they are just badly written. And hated by every decent person. 

Kender were just taken to an extreme (an extreme extreme) for comedic effect. I actually loved that they took kender and toned them down to reasonable levels to be the halflings in 3rd. Finally got away from the hobbits in disguise approach that D&D had been using before then.