Jump to content
mazz0

Which faction(s) would you collect if the prequels were included?

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, GILLIES291 said:

Grievous: a friendly ship at distance 1-3 can suffer one damage to turn a dice into a crit.

Instead: increase your attack and agility by one. When you suffer damage, run away like the coward you are.

17 hours ago, ViscerothSWG said:

Gungans

Whenever a Star Wars RPG comes up, I try to play a gungan warrior. I am summarily banned from their campaigns thereafter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, piznit said:

One of the most memorable lines from TLJ is "let the past die"

 

You can't restart much harder than that :)

Said by the bad guy right before he becomes Supreme Leader of a fascist regime currently in the process of a galactic conquest. 

It's also said right before a really memorable scene where Yoda is explaining to Luke to accept the past because mistakes are okay if you learn from them.

TLJ is not endorsing Kylo Ren's veiwpoint. In fact, it's pretty much the exact opposite. 

It also happens in a film that came out immediately before another film that's full of references to the prequels and TCW. 

Nothing has been 'restarted'. 

20 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I have a great collection of Rebels and Imperials (all new canon, no legends trash)

So I'm guessing you never use the TIE Defender then? Or fly an Interceptor with Soontir Fel as pilot? Are Z-95s out too? Technically the ones in the game are the AF4 variant, which has never been seen in canon. Dash Rendar most be even more annoying to you than he is to most people, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vector said:

If the Republic were to be included, could we also expect Old Republic era ships like the Aurek-class tactical strikefighter and BT-7 Thunderclap for it?

I would also like Sith Empire and Old Republic (if Old Republic ships can't be included with the Clone Wars era Republic) as factions.

The Old Republic was 4 thousand years before the Empire.

You can say a ship can be kept operational for a hundred years, but not by a thousand. 

(and as much as I love the Old Republic, this frozen technological level for millennia makes no freaking sense)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vector said:

If the Republic were to be included, could we also expect Old Republic era ships like the Aurek-class tactical strikefighter and BT-7 Thunderclap for it?

I would also like Sith Empire and Old Republic (if Old Republic ships can't be included with the Clone Wars era Republic) as factions.

Both are ugly, the latter exceedingly so. So please, just no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After seeing them all listed out, that's just way too many factions. Balancing that would be a nightmare.

If they do ever release prequel factions, I hope they will be there own game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Odanan said:

The Old Republic was 4 thousand years before the Empire.

You can say a ship can be kept operational for a hundred years, but not by a thousand. 

(and as much as I love the Old Republic, this frozen technological level for millennia makes no freaking sense)  

HK-47 was discovered alive in SWG's Mustafar expansion. You move his mind from a crashed semi-functioning old republic ship to a functional droid factory just as old. So it's not unreasonable for an old ship like the Ebon Hawk to survive for so long with regular maintenance and not crashing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jo Jo said:

After seeing them all listed out, that's just way too many factions. Balancing that would be a nightmare.

If they do ever release prequel factions, I hope they will be there own game.

On the other hand, the inclusion of Calculate strongly hints that they're at least considering it IMO. Otherwise why build something so specific for just a handful of pilots? (9 pilots in the game that can use calculate currently, plus c-3p0 and likely k2-s0). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Odanan said:

The Old Republic was 4 thousand years before the Empire.

You can say a ship can be kept operational for a hundred years, but not by a thousand. 

(and as much as I love the Old Republic, this frozen technological level for millennia makes no freaking sense)  

I think it totally makes sense.  If you've had a hyperspace civilization for thousands of years and the technology has continued to develop massively during that time people would be like gods by now.  I think it makes a lot of sense that they've plateaued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

Surely you'd also want one of these to go with your N1(s)?

NabooYachtLanding-AotC.jpg

Naboo_Royal_Starship.png

Royalcruiser.jpg

Naboo_star_skiff_1.png

Ding!

I'd love to. Pure classic sexy android art by Soriyama. Can they nail the chrome in the minis, tho? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, takfar said:

I'd love to. Pure classic sexy android art by Soriyama. Can they nail the chrome in the minis, tho? 

That's my concern too.  Also with the possible exception of the last one (I'm not sure) they're all unarmed, so they'd have to be totally dedicated support ships, which would be new, but kinda cool?  And at least one of the last two can have N1s attached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

I think it totally makes sense.  If you've had a hyperspace civilization for thousands of years and the technology has continued to develop massively during that time people would be like gods by now.  I think it makes a lot of sense that they've plateaued.

There is no plateau in technology, specially in electronics. The Old Republic is bulls (they should have made it just a few centuries, not millennia, in the past) .

Anyway, how's the status of the Old Republic in the new canon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Odanan said:

There is no plateau in technology, specially in electronics. The Old Republic is bulls (they should have made it just a few centuries, not millennia, in the past) .

Anyway, how's the status of the Old Republic in the new canon?

For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.

This? Interesting... I would love to see "medieval" jedis with katanas in an ancient pre-space travel Coruscant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Odanan said:

This? Interesting... I would love to see "medieval" jedis with katanas in an ancient pre-space travel Coruscant. 

It was “before the dark times, before the empire”, not before hyperspace travel.  Obviously there’s a lot of extrapolation but to me it always felt like they meant the galactic republic to have existed for thousands of years, as KotoR suggested, with hyperspace travel, lightsabers, etc.  And the idea that before that had been other galactic civilisation that have been and gone with similar technological levels (eg other super weapons before the Death Star) makes sense too, as you see in other sci-if works (the Mass Effect games and Culture novels spring to mind).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

Interesting that CIS and Republic are being rated higher than FO and Resistance. Heck, they're both being rated higher than S&V. Hypothetical situation, sure, but still interesting.

Yeah, I thought that was interesting.  I’m not that surprised that the prequel ships are more popular (here at least) than the sequel ones, but I am surprised they’re more popular than Scum and Villiany.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Yakostovian said:

Instead: increase your attack and agility by one. When you suffer damage, run away like the coward you are.

Whenever a Star Wars RPG comes up, I try to play a gungan warrior. I am summarily banned from their campaigns thereafter.

 

Gungans are included in the "Halflings, Kender and other annoying races" clause of my unwritten Tome of Rules. 

 

Players have the option to pick any race, even annoying ones, but doing so, they bestow the GM with the power of random falling objects, lightning strikes, etc, while simultaneously forgoing the right to complain about such things killing their characters. 

So yes, by all means. If it takes 10 gungan warriors for you to realize, then it takes 10 gungan warriors. But you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

Yeah, I thought that was interesting.  I’m not that surprised that the prequel ships are more popular (here at least) than the sequel ones, but I am surprised they’re more popular than Scum and Villiany.

I think that's not so surprising. The Republic and CIS are two pretty well defined factions, with plenty of Canon history and ships. 

 

Meanwhile Scum are less of a faction and more of a disparate collection of individuals, many of which reside quite deep in the EU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LordBlades said:

I think that's not so surprising. The Republic and CIS are two pretty well defined factions, with plenty of Canon history and ships. 

Meanwhile Scum are less of a faction and more of a disparate collection of individuals, many of which reside quite deep in the EU. 

Hmm, that’s true.  I always just assume everyone loves Scum and Villiany because of Slave 1, but I suppose that kindof is the only iconic movie ship in the faction...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...