mazz0

Which faction(s) would you collect if the prequels were included?

Can't commit without actually seeing what the new factions would be like, so I treated it as more of "Which of these factions would interest you with no information provided".  I think the CIS stuff could be very cool.  No interest in the republic though, I personally don't see the appeal.

If they introduce new factions, I'll probably break and take my third: Scum.

I have a great collection of Rebels and Imperials (all new canon, no legends trash). I have no Resistance or First Order because I saw the writing in the sky  when I got into the game over a year ago. Also because I love flying thematic squads.

Though seeing the new Fangs and Firesprays, it's terribly tempting to get into Scum.

Between the two, the Republic seems more interesting for me than the CIS, but I'll hold off for awhile.

Hmm, wonder if I shouldn't have put prequel in the subject - people might be more inclined to click and vote for them because they like the prequels rather than click and not-vote for them cos they don't.  I can't believe they're that much more popular than the sequels.

I’m currently looking to scale back on Empire and First Order after the converters. I’m not that interested in the Confederacy, so probably won’t touch them. Very interested in the Republic, though it may depend on faction identity.

37 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

Hmm, wonder if I shouldn't have put prequel in the subject - people might be more inclined to click and vote for them because they like the prequels rather than click and not-vote for them cos they don't.  I can't believe they're that much more popular than the sequels.

I don't think it's about liking the prequel movies (I like the new movies much better). For me at least, it has more to do with the fact the ships look cool and are drastically different from the OT unlike the resistance and first order.

Also droid armies are cool.

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

(all new canon, no legends trash).

Yeah, I utterly despise all that Legends trash.

The Legends awesomeness, on the other hand, I absolutely love.

1 hour ago, mazz0 said:

Should we start a new thread with a less leading title, something like "Which of these factions would you be most interested in?", to get a more representative sample?

If you do, you may wish to also make it only one selection per person, rather than multi-select.

None, but only because I’m invested heavily in 3 already plus have the beginnings of the FO and Resistance.

Budget has limits - and now with it being all content is available contained within a faction I intend on:

1. Converting what I own from 1.0

2. Waiting to see what the release pace looks like, then decide which I can keep up with and which are going to be abandoned.

I am absolutely NOT even considering buying into another faction. I am highly likely to not buy into resistance and Fo past the conversion kits to bring my ships I have to life.

Scum > Rebel > Empire > FO > Resistance for me. If I have to pick, that’s how it’ll go down. We shall see what the release rate is like and what I can keep up with.

Now, if I was a newcomer and just getting into the frenzy, I’d be happy to scoop up CIS and Scum and call it a day. 

41 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Literally everything not from the prequels. Disney should have scrapped all of that and started fresh. 

One of the most memorable lines from TLJ is "let the past die"

You can't restart much harder than that :)

51 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Literally everything not from the prequels. Disney should have scrapped all of that and started fresh. 

I love the droid armies (when the basic battle droid is not talking... Not sure who would program a line combat droid to be slapsticky and give them a complex personality of an idiot. They should have just been cold and mechanical.)

Give me CIS in x-wing and legion!

Edited by Icelom

2 hours ago, Icelom said:

I don't think it's about liking the prequel movies (I like the new movies much better). For me at least, it has more to do with the fact the ships look cool and are drastically different from the OT unlike the resistance and first order.

Also droid armies are cool.

Yeah, probably more that, but I think people who aren’t interested in prequel ships were probably less likely to click on the thread making the results inaccurate.  But then maybe not, people do love to tell people they don’t like things...

I'm just not sure there's enough content to make balanced factions.

CIS: Vulture, Hyena, Tri-Fighter, Bellbullab-22, Sheathipede... not really anything else. I guess you could toss in Maul's Scimitar and Palpatine's Theta-class Shuttle.

Basically, the issue is that there isn't any new content being generated here, so the faction would be perpetually left with some rather large holes in its lineup, and without a way to easily provide new upgrades to the faction. I guess FFG could go the Imperial Raider route and make up stuff from scratch, but I suspect they'd rather put their energy into the existing factions.

I will admit, though, I wouldn't mind being able to get some of the Republic ships, though... V-19 Torrent, Nu-class Attack Shuttle, and the Nimbus V-Wing are all ships I wouldn't mind adding to my collection.

Edited by Freeptop