groggydog

Groggydog's Painty Jobs

Hey everybody, along with my new blog for beginners I thought I'd start a thread for some of the fun paint jobs I'm doing. This is my first true war game (outside X-Wing, which is obviously much different) so I'd love feedback!

To begin, my Rebel Core Set minis: Scarif Assault.

dw41lZNFN7DtCoiCEaY-Iy7OIMXdSuNDu2cuARpsF78.jpg

Nice work on your squads. If possible can you show a close up of Luke to show off your customization.

Look forward to more posts and welcome to the wonderful world of war gaming Star Wars style.

Edited by C3POFETT

45 minutes ago, C3POFETT said:

Nice work on your squads. If possible can you show a close up of Luke to show off your customization.

Look forward to more posts and welcome to the wonderful world of war gaming Star Wars style.

Thanks!

I don't have photos on me, but I'll happily share the much more competent inspiration:

https://imgur.com/a/C8S4II9

11 hours ago, groggydog said:

To begin, my Rebel Core Set minis: Scarif Assault.

Those are some fine-looking sons of beaches. 

8 hours ago, groggydog said:

And here's my AT-ST, which I'm mostly proud of for the base:

And rightly so - very well executed scenic base! 

Hi folks! Wanted to show off a closer shot of my Scarif AT-RT, the process for which I outlined in this post

I'm really proud of this one, primarily because of the basing. While, yes, it's missing the firing arcs, I did this as a chance to push my ability a bit and I'm so happy with how the waves and the foam came out. Of all my minis in the picture up top, this is the base I'm most proud of. Would love to hear any constructive feedback!

y4vGxJO.jpg

Hey everybody! I'm not totally happy with it, but Leia-as-Boushh is my first really heavy modding attempt with Green Stuff, and if nothing else I'm proud of the work I did and the techniques I learned along the way. Would love to hear C&C or even a story about your first time using Green Stuff.

boushh.jpg

8 hours ago, Father Of Fred said:

When I first saw your AT RT driver, I thought it was just a bad paint job. Then it clicked and I literally said out loud, Aah thats a clever idea.

I hadn't thought of painting one as a Chiss

ha! thanks. You can either think of him as a really frostbitten human, or as Prawn, Thrawn's lesser-known brother.

These are awesome! Really good work on those bases.

One question though: why not have the water on the back half of the bases so the figures look like they are walking ashore towards the battle field?

11 hours ago, Rain King said:

These are awesome! Really good work on those bases.

One question though: why not have the water on the back half of the bases so the figures look like they are walking ashore towards the battle field?

Thanks! I tried both, but it came down to personal aesthetics. I’m not playing Rebels at the moment so I chose based on which looked better for photos.

On 7/21/2018 at 11:02 AM, groggydog said:

“So then General Veers starts talking about this magic cup and tells me to watch this dumb box. Weird, right?”

37586958_10157702322131562_1410634978479308800_o.jpg

Next thing you know he's wearing chains around his neck and asking that you call him Grand Maester. Weird.