Sign in to follow this  
JsBingley

State of the LCG

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/8/state-of-the-lcg/

About the news:

Well, it's already about a week ago, but I just notice this last night, and with another piece of news, I knew that the ANR LCG will be ended soon. (Good game, pity)

Maybe FFG wish to pacify the LCG players with this piece of news because there're only 4 LCGs alive right now. (There were 7 when the Conquest LCG came out.)

About all LCGs:

Despite almost none LCG can survive til the first rotation(not because the meta crush but the IP), but I still think LCG is a better idea than TCG to me. It's good to have all the cards by your side to refine your deck right after a game to improve your idea and skill, no more trading of collecting needed. So I show confidence for the future of LCG.

About LotR LCG:

LotR LCG is my favorite all the time, it's not convenient to buy En LCG in China(the Chinese version of the game ended till the 4th cycle) but I still bought the all deluxe, saga, ap, pod and the nightmares. I think Caleb did great job on this game because every new cycle we get not only new cards but also new mechanic, that make a 8 year old game still red-blooded.

Caleb mentioned "hold back" 2 times in the interview, it show me a image that Thranduil and some other mighty ones are shouting "Let me out!" with their hands on the iron fences. So I think the 9th cycle is reasonable because there're too many prisoners.

Caleb also mentioned "new format" for playing the Gencon POD. If the POD is The Scouring of the Shire, sure, its not fit the 3* Epic mode like POD2016&2017, then what it maybe? Pvp mode?

About the Future of LotR LCG:

Its great job to accomplish the whole saga, Im ready to start the campaign all over again including the Old Forest, Fog on the Barrow-Downs and The Scouring of the Shire(if itll exist).

We have many cycles now, I wish to see some format to connect different cycle to make the game more immersive.

Edited by JsBingley