Sign in to follow this  
Schmoozies

350 Slow Build League List

So local shop is starting up a slow build league.  Week one lists 350 points and are limited to 1 commander, 2-4 Troops, 0-1 Special, 0-1 Support and 0 Heavy.

I'm thinking this as my list

Veers with Esteemed Leader

2x Snowtrooper with Extra body and Flametrooper

1x Speeder Bikes with Comm Jammers

Comes in at exactly 350 points

Thoughts and comments welcome.

I think it's fine.  You'll probably want all that stuff in a bigger list.  But you may have mobility issues getting to objectives with just Snowtroopers.  I'd think about one Storm and one Snow.

I agree that more bodies on the battlefield is better then bringing all the big guns to start off with, add those other units in later down the road when you have more points to play around with but for starters I'd go with something like this....

Veers

3x Stormtrooper units:

1 w/dlt,

1 w/extra trooper 

1 naked unit 

1x Speederbike unit w/ long range comms 

347 points

Add either grappling hooks or environmental gear to one of the units or Veers and you'll be at 350.. 

5 activations, plenty of bodies/targets for your opponent, bikes to flank and get into the backfield and some impact if there's an armored vehicle present, otherwise it's more dice you get to roll with a better outcome to Crush the Rebellion ;)

Weez 

It sounds like your FLGS is playing out the gathering forces operation, so you may want to read up on that. For week 1 I'd look at just veers and 3 x stormtroopers, with the extra trooper in each, 2 with the DLT and 1 with the missle launcher. Week 2 you could look at adding snow troopers and speeder bike

Edited by LordAdmiralAndy

That would be more efficient, but it's never too soon to have fun with bikes.  Most 350 point lists in an escalation are going to be heavily based on the starter set and a little goofy as a result.