Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyBriefcase

Way of the Rebel

Recommended Posts

Pryce looks really powerful. Not only can she do special chaining, but she fits that 10/13 slot that was left empty after the balance of the force took place. And with a ground battalion she can turn moderate characters good and good characters fantastic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Idon'tmill said:

She could pair well with Kylo. But I could totally see her getting balanced.

Which would totally frustrate me because all the other 13 point elites got balanced out of 13, and my 17 point elites are lonely. Granted, those characters needed to be balanced, but I want more 13 point characters...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure why Pryce would get rebalanced out of 13 cost.

She, herself, doesnt do jack. The 13 costs that got rebalanced were performing like a 16cost, being real beatsticks on their own. Pryce requires good upgrades, another character, or good support dice to really shine.

Shes strong, yes, but not OP by any means

Edited by Vineheart01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She pairs well with Thrawn, Tarkin, Plutt, Hondo and also Baby Vader. Special chaining has come to the world of Villain. All she needs is one of her dice to hit the special and the chain is ready to fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Joelist said:

She pairs well with Thrawn, Tarkin, Plutt, Hondo and also Baby Vader. Special chaining has come to the world of Villain. All she needs is one of her dice to hit the special and the chain is ready to fire.

special chains like that only work if the special in question mods a die and does something else.

Half of her special is useless for special chaining. Its literally a die mod, if you have the battlefield you may resolve it. If you use it to mod her other die into a special you literally just wasted a die unlike Aayla or Yoda which do multiple things.
Her special will be great for finishing the special chain or resolving mix damage if you manage to get both specials. One thing the Yoda/Aayla chain cannot do without a specific upgrade is end the chain with a non-special in the same action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

special chains like that only work if the special in question mods a die and does something else.

Half of her special is useless for special chaining. Its literally a die mod, if you have the battlefield you may resolve it. If you use it to mod her other die into a special you literally just wasted a die unlike Aayla or Yoda which do multiple things.
Her special will be great for finishing the special chain or resolving mix damage if you manage to get both specials. One thing the Yoda/Aayla chain cannot do without a specific upgrade is end the chain with a non-special in the same action.

I posted a question to the reddit about Pryce. Depending on the answer she either chains just like Datapad or she is something new so to speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could have just asked it here as well!

But yes, resolving the die with Pryce's ability is handled completely within her special ability and doesn't end the Resolve Dice Action, so you could resolve a focus with her ability and then continue resolving additional specials (even ones you just turned with the new focus die)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! 

That is what I thought was the case but wanted a sanity check. It means Pryce is something new in the SWD world and indeed something powerful if she has access to a Character/Upgrade/Support rocking a die with focus sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RStan said:

My Hux vehicle deck has a new toy! 

swd12_planetary-bombardment.png

This just reminded me, this set contains the most expensive card so far, so there is something that costs more, and one would expect does more than this! Oh my!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Joelist said:

Agreed Mep. I would be REAL gun shy about deploying this puppy if Force Throw is anywhere in the neighborhood. Or if my opponent is rocking  Boba Fett for that matter. 

That makes it really hard to play any card really. But if you’re sitting on resources, then you might be able to get away with riskier plays since your opponent may save their force throw special for whatever you are doing with 6 resources. Or you can bait your opponent to use the throw on something else prior to playing the card. What I really like about this card is the indirect damage when it hits. Towards the end when both players are down to one character, you don’t even have to mess with dice rolls and just play a card and pay the resources for direct damage in a vehicle deck. Delve, a card that doesn’t seem to get a lot of play, can also come in handy as well in a red/yellow deck. Maybe this can work..would be fun to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im guessing that unknown die face is a discard. I'd be surprised if its a blank given its price.

But if it is a blank thats actually a good thing because then you cant Boba it and Force Throw is "wasted" - Pryce it, they cant stop it then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Finnish said:

That makes it really hard to play any card really. But if you’re sitting on resources, then you might be able to get away with riskier plays since your opponent may save their force throw special for whatever you are doing with 6 resources. Or you can bait your opponent to use the throw on something else prior to playing the card. What I really like about this card is the indirect damage when it hits. Towards the end when both players are down to one character, you don’t even have to mess with dice rolls and just play a card and pay the resources for direct damage in a vehicle deck. Delve, a card that doesn’t seem to get a lot of play, can also come in handy as well in a red/yellow deck. Maybe this can work..would be fun to try.

It does have a nice on play effect (assuming you're opposing a vehicle deck) and it is Ambush too. Rolling in its die is both really powerful and really dangerous if your opponent has something like Force Throw or Boba Fett out there in a state where they can intervene. 

Of course, if YOU have Boba Fett paired with Pryce this card is suddenly incredibly lethal as with it Fett could with 2 specials chain out 14 direct damage. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...