Frostthorn

UPDATED w/ POINTS: Fangs, report in! (Fang fighter spoiler collection)

fng.png

Wow... so, kinnda floored by some of these changes. NO MOD SLOT. ****, just ****... and dreams of after burners are now gone. For me, seeing the Skull squad at 50 is a little heartbreaking too, I was hoping to keep my 4 Gen-ace list and have a cheap EPT on them like marksmanship or fearlessness like I used to. 200 point games will be interesting, points may change down the line so we shall see I suppose. Boba is 80... Kath is 74+ upgrades so maybe 2 Skulls and one of them? Or will I be back to flying Fenn, Teroch and a friend? Time shall tell. 

Edited by Frostthorn

Real bummed about Joy. She's gonna cost at least 58 point to use her ability, and that's not with an EPT. But, still pretty stoked about the other options. @NervousSam made a blog post on 2E Fangs, and one of the big takeaways for me was giving Kad Solus the Elusive Talent. It's a build that looks like fun and I look forward to testing it. A little sad I can't pair Afterburners with it, but it is a pricey mod, so it might be for the best. 

So as things stand now, I am considering:

Fenn-Fearless, Adv. Protons

O.T.-Fearless, Adv. Protons

Kad-Elusive

Or of course:

4x Skull (naked) 

Edited by Frostthorn

Well, my original plan was 2x Fangs + 1x Firespray... but it'll be hard.

I can't even do the Dream Team (Fenn Rau, Old Teroch and Boba Fett); it'd cost 204 naked. Ugh!

Perhaps this is doable:

1x SSP - Fearless, Adv. Proton Torpedoes [59p] 

1x ZR [44p]

1x Fett - Marauder, Perceptive Copilot, Veteran Tail Gunner [97p]

200p exactly.

Edited by Volkomor

Not sure about Manaroo in 2.0. But with how undercosted Scum Falcon seems to be, you can fit these 3 free bad boys into one list:

Good Guys Scum:

Fenn Rau (64) + Fearless (3) = 67
Old Teroch (56) + Fearless (3) = 59
Han Solo (54) + Trick Shot (1) + Perceptive Copilot (10) + Qi'ra (2) + BT-1 (2) + Rigged Cargo Chute (4) = 73
[199]
Edited by player44455

3 hours ago, player44455 said:

Not sure about Manaroo in 2.0. But with how undercosted Scum Falcon seems to be, you can fit these 3 free bad boys into one list:

Good Guys Scum:

Fenn Rau (64) + Fearless (3) = 67
Old Teroch (56) + Fearless (3) = 59
Han Solo (54) + Trick Shot (1) + Perceptive Copilot (10) + Qi'ra (2) + BT-1 (2) + Rigged Cargo Chute (4) = 73
[199]

Similar build a few different upgrades and I used Kad Solus. (Also you have Fenn Rau at 64 he's 68 I believe)

Fenn Rau (68) with Fearless (3) ~ 71

Kad Solus (54) with Fearless (3) ~ 57

Han Solo (54) with the Title (6), Qi Ra' (2), L3-37 (4),  Trickshot (1), and Rigged Cargo Chute (4) - 71

(199)

If I could figure a way to fit Old Teroch into the list i would but the Han build is the minimum I think you could go while trying to play for 1 (5-6 red dice attack)

Edited by Cgriffith

Zealous Recruits being 44 is surprising. That means no heavy swarm - I get the ship has got a lot better, but 4 Recruits....don't really give you much. 6 points isn't enough to give you a decent modification (even if you could equip one!) because at agility 3 you pay over the odds for them.

4 Skulls look nice, but 1 extra ship doesn't seem that great compared to the extra initaitve and punch of the three OG aces. Fenn letting go an advanced torpedo can easily erase your numerical advantage right there.

2 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Zealous Recruits being 44 is surprising. That means no heavy swarm - I get the ship has got a lot better, but 4 Recruits....don't really give you much. 6 points isn't enough to give you a decent modification (even if you could equip one!) because at agility 3 you pay over the odds for them.

4 Skulls look nice, but 1 extra ship doesn't seem that great compared to the extra initaitve and punch of the three OG aces. Fenn letting go an advanced torpedo can easily erase your numerical advantage right there.

You can afford to upgrade one recruit to Fen, or you can put torps on all of them.

11 hours ago, Cgriffith said:

Similar build a few different upgrades and I used Kad Solus. (Also you have Fenn Rau at 64 he's 68 I believe)

Fenn Rau (68) with Fearless (3) ~ 71

Kad Solus (54) with Fearless (3) ~ 57

Han Solo (54) with the Title (6), Qi Ra' (2), L3-37 (4),  Trickshot (1), and Rigged Cargo Chute (4) - 71

(199)

If I could figure a way to fit Old Teroch into the list i would but the Han build is the minimum I think you could go while trying to play for 1 (5-6 red dice attack)

Thanks for the catch, I got Fenn's cost wrong.

I think you don't need to push Han's attack to 5-6 really. 4-5 is good enough for me, and leaves more points for other ships..

3 hours ago, player44455 said:

Thanks for the catch, I got Fenn's cost wrong.

I think you don't need to push Han's attack to 5-6 really. 4-5 is good enough for me, and leaves more points for other ships..

Yeah I’m debating how or where to eliminate 2 points to upgrade to Old Teroch without losing firepower or productivity

I love the Fang fighter and will probably force atleast 1 in every list for a long time.

lone wolf Fenn : 72

Old T w/ trick shot: 57

Han Solo: Trick shot, Jabba, Rigged Cargo, Greedo: 68

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:42 AM, HolySorcerer said:

You can afford to upgrade one recruit to Fen, or you can put torps on all of them.

That's a fair point. Four Zealous Recruits with Advanced Proton Torpedoes is nothing to sneeze at.

*Necromancy*

How have people been getting on with their Fangs?

Been flying them a reasonable amount lately and loving it. Having freed the wings on my 2.0 model and given it a pleasingly resistant swivel, its really nice. A huge improvement.

Given the slots, pilots and points attracted some doubt early on, have people changed their mind about it, or come to want something more?

I think it's turned out quite brilliantly. Apart from Joy...? I haven't tried her or Kad but I can at least imagine using the latter....

I don't play at a massively competitive level but I'd say it's been one of my most successful ships so far. The Zealous Recruit has been something of a staple. Mostly alongside Old Teroch with Swarm Tactics but recently, in and of its own merits as one of 2 or 3. It outperforms it's points so often.

I've never had huge value from Terochs ability. Very occasionally triggers at an important moment and every so often, in a more negligible way. Could be the way I use him. But I5 alone in this ship is worth a lot.

Only just started using Fenn, mostly put off by the extra cost over Old T.

Seems potent :D

The Skull, I've not had that much out of, in that I4 and a talent may as well be just naked I1 a lot of the time. Some nice Init parallels with other ships though and a nice round point value is always attractive to me.

Slot wise, I'm really not fussed. Clean and simple seems to suit it so well, the only upgrade I've bothered with is Swarm on T, which is an obvious benefit. I prefer to be really aggressive with them and do everything to keep the arc active and focussed, with the reposition, so having to take a TL and set up a Torp feels like an opportunity cost as much as a points one. Most EPTs can be deemed nonessential imo and the thinner I can run the Fangs, the more I can get elsewhere. Fearless is decent but triggers far too rarely for me to pay multiples of 3pt for. Tried Outmanoeuvre. Turrets everywhere.

On the table, I'm still getting to grips with the linked action, powerful though it is with a blue 2 hard. Different squads need different approaches and it's easy to be predictable, blockable and dodgeable when stressed. A2Wings in particular have been tricky not to overshoot. Rear arcs and turrets in general are a pain, otherwise you should mostly be laughing in the face of 2 or 3 hits. Some things like a bit of stress on the table, there's bombs, crits on a 4th red...... Nailing the dial, not needing to link and avoiding the above is pure and rewarding work.

This week, I've started playing with Fenn and 3 Recruits. Hugely excited to give it table time, I feel like it's going to be a bit tasty. So sleek, 4 pilot cards, no shields and done.

Oya!

ya, i've been enjoying them as well. three zealous and fenn, that is. this ship is so much fun. i love it. it's very risky to fly, though. you get to throw a lot of dice, but building a list that depends on dice is not a good way to build a list to win with.

i believe all the fangs needs to come down four points for them to really be viable. five recruits is a dream. i loved that list in 1.0.

fenn is amazing, but can easily pop and just die in an instant if you're unlucky, so extremely punishing to play when you make mistakes or are unlucky. very rewarding when you get everything right as well, though. i believe his best talent is outmaneuver. no matter what, you'll always be at a disadvantage if you use him in competitive play, since he's so expensive and needs a bid versus the likes of wedge and quickdraw.

old t is the star of the show. he's just amazing. his ability is awesome, even if you only get to use it occasionally. fearless is pretty much mandatory on him, since he wants to be range one in arc. not very hard to set up with i5 and a decent bid. i think he's the only pilot with an appropriate cost. wouldn't mind if he got even cheaper, of course. ^_^

kad solus does work. he's good. double focus is always nice. i run him with elusive, since he wants to do reds every other turn anyways.

haven't tried joy. looks fun, but i don't think it's worth the cost to use ion torpedoes to take away a defence dice twice per game. maybe if cheaper torpedoes with more charges are released. i would rather take a skull squadron ace with a nice talent like fearless, outmaneuver or even predator, marksmanship or crack shot.

will be flying these lists in the days to come:

skull squadron aces (190)
Fenn Rau — Fang Fighter    68
Outmaneuver    6
Ship Total: 74

Old Teroch — Fang Fighter    56
Fearless    3
Ship Total: 59

Kad Solus — Fang Fighter    54
Elusive    3
Ship Total: 57

concord dawn (200)
Ship Total: 68

Zealous Recruit — Fang Fighter    44
Ship Total: 44

That's my exact Fang Aces build, @meffo .  Outmaneuver, Fearless, and Elusive.

Fangs are fun.  The linked actions are just amazing.  It's so much more fun not to have to take PTL in order to be functional, and have a slot open to play with.

My list for today?  No-upgrade Fenn Rau and 4x Ion Cannon Cartel Spacer M3-A Scyks.  Not sure how they'll compare to the Recruits.  They've kinda got the same statline (3* red, 3 green, 4 HP), missing linked actions and Faceoff, but gaining an extra ship.

2 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

That's my exact Fang Aces build, @meffo .  Outmaneuver, Fearless, and Elusive.

Fangs are fun.  The linked actions are just amazing.  It's so much more fun not to have to take PTL in order to be functional, and have a slot open to play with.

My list for today?  No-upgrade Fenn Rau and 4x Ion Cannon Cartel Spacer M3-A Scyks.  Not sure how they'll compare to the Recruits.  They've kinda got the same statline (3* red, 3 green, 4 HP), missing linked actions and Faceoff, but gaining an extra ship.

ran this today:

mandalorian miners (193)
Fearless    3

Outmaneuver    6

Ahhav — Mining Guild TIE Fighter    30
Ship Total: 30

Captain Seevor — Mining Guild TIE Fighter    30

it was a lot of fun, but moderately successful. 1-1. for some reason i don't like ships with shields. a grand total of 14 hp in a list is so low. facing off versus ships like u-wings, y-wings, upsilons or even just t70s is tough when they have all the health and you don't. had a blast anyway, but trying to compete with lists like these is starting to feel a bit too masochistic even for my taste.

Edited by meffo
forgot to mention! the tie fighters did good work! crazy.

6 hours ago, meffo said:

ran this today:

mandalorian miners (193)
Fearless    3

Outmaneuver    6

Ahhav — Mining Guild TIE Fighter    30

Captain Seevor — Mining Guild TIE Fighter    30

it was a lot of fun, but moderately successful. 1-1. for some reason i don't like ships with shields. a grand total of 14 hp in a list is so low. facing off versus ships like u-wings, y-wings, upsilons or even just t70s is tough when they have all the health and you don't. had a blast anyway, but trying to compete with lists like these is starting to feel a bit too masochistic even for my taste.

I went 3-0 with mine, but two of those were when Opponent A felt he got off to a really bad start (with 3 T-70s, and with a Upsilon/2x generic Silencer list), and resigned.  They probably were closer to toss-ups, if games got played out.  The other game vs Opponent B was a wicked close match vs Overseer Yuushun (who rolled mad fire! like no blanks on his first 3 attacks), Eamon Azzameen, and Lone Wolf Fenn Rau.  Everything was dead but the Fenns, but by that point in time, his was at 2 HP (having been Ionized once!  ...I didn't take good advantage of it, though... actually really messed it up) and mine was full.

Fenn Rau, even without a bid or talent, is a threat.

But more importantly, those Scyks feel decent.  I ionized a few things (it isn't too hard to ionize a T-70...), and the extreme ends of their dial are handy.  5-straight, 5-koiogarn, 1-hard.