8 minutes ago, Nheko said:

Not only a Mantis Bushi school but also a Mantis Shugenja school, wow all hyped up and I’m not even a Mantis player!

And an interesting mention of Osano-Wo being the clan's founder, under Osano-Wo's Boast...

And under Blood of Osano-Wo, "the Fortune of Storms."

Do we consider these to be lore changes from Old5R, or just the Mantis being Mantis and trying to steal things from the Crab?

Edited by Hida Jitenno

@ work, so I can't look at the PDF...Are we getting hints that Mantis Clan with rise to Great Clan status (again) or is this more of a "Hey, we know you guys like Mantis and it would be a disservice to the fan-base not to give you the option" ?

1 minute ago, General Zod said:

@ work, so I can't look at the PDF...Are we getting hints that Mantis Clan with rise to Great Clan status (again) or is this more of a "Hey, we know you guys like Mantis and it would be a disservice to the fan-base not to give you the option" ?

I think the latter. Mantis was also done as a DLC during the Beta testing, so they already had that in the works a year ago. The GM Kit evidently has Tortoise Clan as well.

5 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Tortoise is surprising.  Wouldn't have expected them to be the Minor Clan of choice.  Monkey or Hare would have been my top guesses for inclusion like that.  

Monkey wasn't founded at this date of the storyline in Old5R, though. They may not end up making one, unless Toku shows up somewhere.

Hare, though, I definitely felt would higher on the list than Tortoise. Especially with one sailing Minor Clan and the Yasuki or Ide if you want your trader characters.

1 minute ago, Hida Jitenno said:

Monkey wasn't founded at this date of the storyline in Old5R, though. They may not end up making one, unless Toku shows up somewhere.

Hare, though, I definitely felt would higher on the list than Tortoise. Especially with one sailing Minor Clan and the Yasuki or Ide if you want your trader characters.

Or Fox, or Sparrow...

Just now, Hida Jitenno said:

Ooooh, I'm not so familiar with this time period.  Four Winds was when I started the card game.   Well, regardless of their reasoning for Tortoise it's still a safe assumption we will get more Minors if not a book similar to AEG's "Secrets of the Empire". 

1 minute ago, General Zod said:

Ooooh, I'm not so familiar with this time period.  Four Winds was when I started the card game.   Well, regardless of their reasoning for Tortoise it's still a safe assumption we will get more Minors if not a book similar to AEG's "Secrets of the Empire". 

Oh no! Don't start my hype train before they even announce it!

7 minutes ago, Nheko said:

Or Fox, or Sparrow...

FOX!

My brain just took a vacation going "Hmm, what Minor Clans are popular? Badger? Sorta... Umm, Wasp? Don't exist yet either. Centip-no, not them."

Edited by Hida Jitenno

8 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Yeah, Monkey was founded by Toku, who was one of Toturi's best buds leading up the Second Day of Thunder. Afterwards, with Toturi's ascension to Emperor, he rewarded Toku with a clan of his own, which became the Monkey Clan.

1 minute ago, sndwurks said:

Falcon Clan is best Clan.

I do love the Falcon as well. Never played a Toritaka, but really wanted to. Was going to play one post-Crab-absorption, but play it like the Pro-Wasp Tsuruchi who didn't want to be Mantis.

Edited by Hida Jitenno

I have a feeling that this is what happened:

- Ohhhhh cr@p we forgot the Tortoise, and there is no more space in the final Minor Clan Supplement  manuscript! Quickly, what do we do, what do we do?? 

- I know let’s added to the GM Kit, and give it an early release!

Edited by Nheko

3 minutes ago, Hida Jitenno said:

I do love the Falcon as well. Never played a Toritaka, but really wanted to. Was going to play one post-Crab-absorption, but play it like the Pro-Wasp Tsuruchi who didn't want to be Mantis.

I have played a Falcon Bushi, either as a Crab or as a Falcon, in literally every edition of L5R. It is honestly my favorite school and Minor Clan.

1 minute ago, sndwurks said:

I have played a Falcon Bushi, either as a Crab or as a Falcon, in literally every edition of L5R. It is honestly my favorite school and Minor Clan.

Awesome! I know I have one rolled up in my character binders, just never had a chance to play that one.

I think the Tortise are prominent in the GM Kit Adventure so it made sense to add them there. Also, the Mantis's first fiction was about them trying the convince the Crab to support their bid to be recognized as a great clan. They seem to think kicking the Crane while their down might be evidence enough, if I understood their more recent fiction.