3 hours ago, llamaman88 said:

Sure wouldn't mind a few more articles or spoilers to discuss between now and then though. >.>

We should, hopefully, be getting some as we get closer. No guarantees, of course, but that is usually how they roll. I'm guessing the core book and GM screen are a few months off yet, probably sometime in September, but the Beginner Game might have a release around Gen Con. Fingers crossed, anyway.

6 hours ago, LadySkywalker said:

Can't wait for this game. Wish we knew more about when it's due to arrive!

Hopefully they let us know come Gencon.

Anyone know if FFG usually packages pdf's with the books? I wanna support my FLGS but if free pdfs come with DTRPG orders I gotta do that.

1 hour ago, llamaman88 said:

Hopefully they let us know come Gencon.

Anyone know if FFG usually packages pdf's with the books? I wanna support my FLGS but if free pdfs come with DTRPG orders I gotta do that.

Not to my knowledge. AFAIK you need to purchase them separately. I'm guessing the PDF will be $20-25, but don't quote me on that.

On 7/26/2018 at 2:37 AM, narukagami said:

Upcoming page finally updated with the Beginner Game scheduled to hit US stores on August 9th!

Now if only they'll give us an update on the main book...its been 'at the printer' for a couple of months now. T_T I hope to see updates soon!

Well, we (at least I did, but I'm not going to take all the credit) had to pester customer service just to get L5R products on the upcoming list in the first place, so it's entirely possible they just forgot to update them. 

Still that is mid to late October.  I'm just excited it hasn't fallen to November yet. 

I hope they don't make us wait long for the PDF afterwards.

Same.  Since they have the full IP and not just publication rights, I'm hoping it is much like Genesys, i.e. PDF that day or the day following.

13 minutes ago, Nreetzfc said:

Still that is mid to late October.  I'm just excited it hasn't fallen to November yet. 

Same.  Since they have the full IP and not just publication rights, I'm hoping it is much like Genesys, i.e. PDF that day or the day following.

Though, they still haven't published the PDF of the Beginner's Box, last I checked.

I feel like there are a lot of checkboxes that still haven't seen any completion, so I would be surprised to see it come out this year. If it hasn't hit shores by November, I just don't see how they intend to get copies in the hands of retailers and pre-orders with all the holidays packed into the end of the year. That said, does anyone know why only the folios that aren't in the beginner's box (Crab, Scorpion, Unicorn) are the only ones downloadable from the website? I'd prefer to have a PDF of all 7, so I don't have to mark up the character folios in the box. Anyone see anything that suggests why they haven't made the others available?

The Beginner Box seems largely meant as a physical product, so I wouldn't assume we'll get a PDF for that.

As for the character folios, I don't believe they've ever made folios that were in their previous beginner boxes available as PDF in the past, so I again wouldn't assume, though it would be nice.

On 9/6/2018 at 7:35 PM, GrimmSqueeker said:

No that's shipping now.  On the boat means, potentially, months

Yeah, any Kickstarter I have ever backed when the product got on the slow boat from China it usually took 6 to 8 weeks for it to arrive in port, unload go through customs and then reach the fulfillment center.  Then it was another 2 to 4 weeks for fulfillment and distribution.   So it will probably arrive in stores in November or December.

Edited by jeremysbrain

On 9/7/2018 at 8:19 AM, deraforia said:

The Beginner Box seems largely meant as a physical product, so I wouldn't assume we'll get a PDF for that.

As for the character folios, I don't believe they've ever made folios that were in their previous beginner boxes available as PDF in the past, so I again wouldn't assume, though it would be nice.

Not as such, but the Free RPGDay for EotE was released in PDF (with a retitling)...

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, bsmith23 said:

I forget, what was the time between the Star Wars boxes and cores like?

For EotE it was several months (box came out in December, core book at tail end of June).

For AoR and F&D, I believe it was only a few months between box and core.

2 hours ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

For EotE it was several months (box came out in December, core book at tail end of June).

For AoR and F&D, I believe it was only a few months between box and core.

I recall the same. I'll note that the EotE BG went to press DURING the Edge Beta,  (Week 6 or 8, IIRC,) and the corebook wasn't "at the printer" for over a month; then it had a slowdown at customs, too; ISTR a dock-worker strike. The others it went to press about as many weeks in, but the playtest windows were shorter for the later two. I recall it took 2-3 weeks from close before they sent the corebooks to press, and then another 4-5 weeks before my FLGS got them.