2 minutes ago, llamaman88 said:

quarter 3. probably after gencon since it's being shown off there

GenCon is in August, right? I assume it will not be on sale at GenCon.

Is FFG going to hold a panel there or anything that GenCon attendees can attend?

4 hours ago, daddystabz said:

Is FFG going to hold a panel there or anything that GenCon attendees can attend?

There is the InFlight Report on Wednesday night, and the Wedding at Kyotei Castle. Those are, at present, the only two events? And they are both sold out last I checked.

8 hours ago, daddystabz said:

Odds are they'll have a limited number of copies to sell at GenCon; seeing as how it's pretty much the RPG industry's major trade show, FFG would be foolish to not have any copies to sell if they can manage it.  And it's pretty much their big RPG release for the year, so again they'd be foolish not to have any copies to sell.

Q3 is probably when they anticipate the book being on retail store shelves, with a best guess being the later part of September if they do have copies available at GenCon.

I wish I could know for sure if they will have copies of the beginner game and/or core rulebook/dice/GM screen at GenCon.  I would go just for that! I live in Ohio.  

It would be great to know what day to be there to try to get any of these copies too, since I'd only be able to go for maybe 1 or 2 days.

8 hours ago, daddystabz said:

I wish I could know for sure if they will have copies of the beginner game and/or core rulebook/dice/GM screen at GenCon.  I would go just for that! I live in Ohio.  

It would be great to know what day to be there to try to get any of these copies too, since I'd only be able to go for maybe 1 or 2 days.

The Beginner Set is a definite. The Core Set is likely to be in limited pre-release, so I would not anticipate getting your hands on a copy of it unless you can get in during the Press Hour or Trade Day.

24 minutes ago, daddystabz said:

Can anyone please tell me how I can get in to the press hour and trade day? How would I go about it? Where will they be held and when?

Trade Day - Do you work for a company with a booth or table at GenCon? Then you will be allowed on the expo floor on Wednesday for Trade Day.

Press Hour - Are you a member of the gaming press? Have you been approved for a press pass by GenCon? If so, you wait in line on Thursday morning, starting at 7 AM to pick up your Press Badge from the press room, and then wait in line at 9 AM at the press entrance to get into the Expo Floor for the press hour.

Will they be having a conference at GenCon? I went the year they released the Star Wars roleplaying game and they had a big conference at a local hotel where I was able to obtain a free Beta copy.

There is the InFlight Report on Wednesday night, but that is basically their press conference for all their games. They have no other major events for the RPG announced, other than the six sold out tables of Wedding at Kyotei Castle.

The Beta is already available online here: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/dc/2f/dc2f92bb-bfd2-4f12-99eb-1d084491de65/l5r00_beta_rulebook.pdf

On 6/17/2018 at 2:32 PM, daddystabz said:

I wonder what my best bet would be as to which day to be there to snag anything I can get my hands on for L5R 5e...maybe day 1?

That would be the ideal plan. Arrive at 8 AM. Try to get to the front of the crowd for the 10 AM rush on Thursday morning. Make sure you have scouted the Expo Floor map so you are at the entrance closest to the FFG booth. Be one of the first through the door and one of the first in line. Expect to wait at least two hours in line, plan to wait 4 hours. This is how you achieve this goal.

Unless, of course, FFG does a staggered release of their product that year, and you will be given a time when the queue for the RPG begins.

On 6/12/2018 at 9:47 PM, Torg Smith said:

I do not see any of the LoFR RPG stuff in the Upcoming list. If it is not at the printers now, it's unlikely we will see it this year.

On 6/13/2018 at 2:34 AM, Torg Smith said:

It's really odd that they're slated to come out relatively soon but there isn't anything about them at all in the Upcoming Products page. Is it just an oversight or are the articles mistaken on the date? I hope it's just the former and they didn't actually mean Q3 2019 or something.

8 hours ago, narukagami said:

It's really odd that they're slated to come out relatively soon but there isn't anything about them at all in the Upcoming Products page. Is it just an oversight or are the articles mistaken on the date? I hope it's just the former and they didn't actually mean Q3 2019 or something.

It is hard to say. I was surprised by the post without it showing up on the Upcoming page. It still is not on the Upcoming page but they explicitly state 2018. I hope the article is correct as I intend to purchase it as soon as it drops on DriveThruRPG. The start of the third quarter is in less than a week, although I expect it around GenCon for print. Soon after for PDF.

I'm pestering customer service if there's some kind of mistake somewhere, but as expected I'm just getting replies from either bots just parsing keywords and giving canned replies that have nothing to do with my questions, or humans doing the same. ?

I'm not asking for a release date, I know they can't answer that, but maybe I'll at least make them aware they've either given the wrong date on a bunch of articles or omitted an entire product line from the list.

I'm pretty sure they've had items never make it to the upcoming list before. I would trust the very broad dates given in articles until we have reason not to.

Items have been delayed before (infamously in some cases) but as core products I imagine they're going to move Heaven and Earth to get them out.

I actually got an answer from customer service that didn’t sound like it was a bot or copy-pasted response!

Well, not a definitive or clear answer, which may be more a policy thing about not being able to give out too much internal info or avoiding giving bad info, but something of an answer none the less.

It sounds like the omission from the Upcoming page is a mistake, as they said “we will put those products (with the appropriate status) into our upcoming page as soon as we can.” 

So, yeah, trust the articles and don’t be surprised we start seeing them on shelves after GenCon.