Boba Rick

2.0 Storage and Horizontal Upgrade Cards!

So with 2.0 coming out it may be time to revisit the subject of storage again.  This time around I'm doing a better job than before. 

1) I'm getting a 2" D-Ring binder to start, and I may switch to a 3" if need be later on.  Cheap at Wal-Mart.  I went with blue because it felt more Star Warsey than black.

642281L.png

2) I bought a box of Ultra Pro for my normal pages, that is for pilot cards.  Now I don't know if you can sleeve these AND put them in the pages, maybe someone here knows about that.  I'm not concerned with doing that, but I bought a box of 100 so that I'd never run out.

41q-BD9e19L._SX466_PIcountsize-100,TopRi

3) Horizontal upgrade cards!  This way I won't have to be turning my notebook or my head.  These are called BCW Pro 8 Pocket Pages.

1-pro8t-100_1_b.jpg

4) Bases and other things.  So right now I use this, and it has served me very well over the last two years.  HDX Interlocking Storage from Home Depot.  I am open to other suggestions if anyone has them though.

p_1000817742.jpg?$pipGallery$&id=N1HSZ2&

Edited by Boba Rick

2 hours ago, Boba Rick said:

So with 2.0 coming out it may be time to revisit the subject of storage again.  This time around I'm doing a better job than before. 

1) I'm getting a 2" D-Ring binder to start, and I may switch to a 3" if need be later on.  Cheap at Wal-Mart.  I went with blue because it felt more Star Warsey than black.

642281L.png

Proper Imperial blue, I like it.

10 minutes ago, piznit said:

My friend bought 3 of those big detachable keyrings, kinda like a carabiner, for the baseplates, 1 for each faction (v1.0)

its kinda awesome.  Just thumbs to the bases he needs and pops it off.  Stores pretty flat also

That’s an interesting idea. 

33 minutes ago, dewbie420 said:

I bought 3 packs of the mini-card pages... I dunno what I can use those for now. Well, I'm glad I never stocked up on Yellow sleeves.

I did stock up on yellow sleeves. 

But it’s ok, because I haven’t sleeved Twilight Imperium 4th yet. And I play Armada. And Imperial Assault. 

8 hours ago, PanchoX1 said:

liking the horizontal card pages. need to look into those.

I just ordered these:

414g1TAmYhL.jpg

for my small base ship tokens.

I tried these but the bases kept falling out. Try the pages that house the cigarette cards. Don't know the numbers but pretty sure they are from UltraPro. Each division holds two bases vertically with 5 divisions across and three down. 30 total bases and snug enough they don't readily fall out.

15 hours ago, Boba Rick said:

4) Bases and other things.  So right now I use this, and it has served me very well over the last two years.  HDX Interlocking Storage from Home Depot.  I am open to other suggestions if anyone has them though.

p_1000817742.jpg?$pipGallery$&id=N1HSZ2&

I use something similar (a Stanley 014725 from Home Depot/Amazon) for ships, bases, dice, tokens etc.  I like that the cups are removable.  I can put things like dice and tokens on the table in the small cups while leaving the rest out of the way.  The larger cups hold ships like the Punisher pretty well, though I can't fit a Falcon or anything like that in there.

clear-yellow-stanley-small-parts-organiz

8 hours ago, Stoneface said:

I tried these but the bases kept falling out. Try the pages that house the cigarette cards. Don't know the numbers but pretty sure they are from UltraPro. Each division holds two bases vertically with 5 divisions across and three down. 30 total bases and snug enough they don't readily fall out.

well, I already ordered them and they come tomorrow. bummer. I hope they don't fallout. I try to only used zippered binders so hopefully, that wont be a major problem. most of these will go to storing my 1stE stuff after the change over.

are those sideways card sleeves top-loaded or side-loaded?

One of the major complaints i have about the tiny sleeves for the current upgrades is they like to go flying if i move the binder too quick since theyre all top-loaded and get stretched a little with multiple cards in the same sleeve.

2 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

are those sideways card sleeves top-loaded or side-loaded?

One of the major complaints i have about the tiny sleeves for the current upgrades is they like to go flying if i move the binder too quick since theyre all top-loaded and get stretched a little with multiple cards in the same sleeve.

Top-loaded.

They are slightly deeper though, I think 4" deep wheras the card is 3.5".

Edited by Boba Rick

3 hours ago, PanchoX1 said:

well, I already ordered them and they come tomorrow. bummer. I hope they don't fallout. I try to only used zippered binders so hopefully, that wont be a major problem. most of these will go to storing my 1stE stuff after the change over.

If they fall out, there's a fix. Get some clear sheets, like the transparencies used for overhead projectors. Yes, I'm that old. Just staple them to the top of each sheet as a flap. Should keep everything nice and tidy.

2 hours ago, Boba Rick said:

I wonder how these pocket pages would work?  What are the measurements of the three base sizes?

These are 20, 30 and 42 pocket pages.  Pocket Size: 1.1", 1.3", 1.5".

71oLHvWZngL._SX425_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Protectors-Collection-Holders-Storage/dp/B0776FJNLH

I believe I've seen these suggested for dials in the past as well.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:17 AM, Stoneface said:

If they fall out, there's a fix. Get some clear sheets, like the transparencies used for overhead projectors. Yes, I'm that old. Just staple them to the top of each sheet as a flap. Should keep everything nice and tidy.

you were so right. Those pages don't hold the base tokens well at all. I am promptly returning them and looking for another option.