thespaceinvader

X Wing preview

5 hours ago, clanofwolves said:

These X-Wings will truly be the heart of the game now I'm pretty sure. They got the most buffs of any ship (tied with the Firespray IMO) and I found them to be 'just a little lacking across the board' in 1.0 to fly with confidence ...no more mates! I just cannot see buying the models for the articulation --albeit cool-- as I already have five 1.0 T-65s in my fleet.... ah well, suffer in silence will I.

...I've had plenty of tea BTW.

Punishers also

Linked action, barrel roll, reload, ordnance fix, probably a talent slot as well, better dial. If only it got a ship ability, I'd be truly happy. That and a gunner slot for bombardier.

6 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/11/symbol-of-the-rebellion/

Nothing new given that we've seen literally everything in the T65 already.

Yeah it was mostly on the damage deck. You think that would be more of a TIE Fighter thing.

Also Wedge prebuild is only 3 Threat. So I am starting to wonder what is 5 Threat?

I really don’t enjoy playin against Kylo Ren in first edition. I won the tournament game against it, but it was my least favorite part when I flew to line up a perfect shot only to have him pull blinded pilot or whatever the onenis not to fire. Thane seems similar in flipping those damage to critical. I wonder why they didn’t require it to atleast be a hit to flip so he is giving up a possible damage to turn it into an auto crit 

3 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

Yeah it was mostly on the damage deck. You think that would be more of a TIE Fighter thing.

Also Wedge prebuild is only 3 Threat. So I am starting to wonder what is 5 Threat?

You can see in the Lando's Falcon spoiler that Han is 5 threat with a generic escape pod docked.

12 minutes ago, Dpro said:

I really don’t enjoy playin against Kylo Ren in first edition. I won the tournament game against it, but it was my least favorite part when I flew to line up a perfect shot only to have him pull blinded pilot or whatever the onenis not to fire. Thane seems similar in flipping those damage to critical. I wonder why they didn’t require it to atleast be a hit to flip so he is giving up a possible damage to turn it into an auto crit 

Because he can't deal the crit on the attack, the card has to already be on the defender 

Similarly he can't just pull select crits from your deck. You'll have to already have drawn em facedown

Also because blinded pilot no longer exists in such a devastating incarnation 

Edited by ficklegreendice

2 hours ago, pkreynolds said:

It's poorly worded for sure. Especially now, when there are still a lot of unanswered questions about he ratio of generic pilots to dials included in the conversion kits, etc. With all of the 1.0 players out there, "another X-Wing" can easily read as "it included components for this and one additional ship." Bad choice of wording, sadly.

It's the same wording they have always used. It is only poor in the context of this forums general ire regarding generics. Also, I believe all of these contents are included in the conversion kit. (remember the separate baggie of stuff they skipped at the beginning of the 'unboxing').

I know that FFG article posts aren't to be taken as 100% gospel due to all of those sweet little obfuscations and mistakes, but I noticed this new 3D render of the pack shows an X-wing with the Red 5 wing livery. I know the Core is supposed to have that specific X-wing paint scheme, but did the packs handed out at events have those markings or a variation? 

swz12_box_left.png

52 minutes ago, Wedgeismyhero said:

I know that FFG article posts aren't to be taken as 100% gospel due to all of those sweet little obfuscations and mistakes, but I noticed this new 3D render of the pack shows an X-wing with the Red 5 wing livery. I know the Core is supposed to have that specific X-wing paint scheme, but did the packs handed out at events have those markings or a variation? 

The pictures of the 2.0 core set show an x-wing with just generic markings, no hash marks designating number at all. 

19 minutes ago, Exarkfr said:

Will Thane Kyrell be in the conversion kit, or is he exclusive to this pack ?

I'm not sure how many times this has to be repeated (and its in the article itself) but everything that is getting released in Wave 1 is also getting released in the cardboard-only conversion packs.  

12 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Core set

Also I feel we're really exaggerating Thane

His ability is very nice, and I know I personally appreciate not having to **** with green dice and cutting straight to the goods, but you're generally giving up a relevent die result to flip damage cards that have to have already been there before you fired

Unless your opponent just won't be taking damage (or you're sitting at two hits v reinforce) the ability isn't actually reliably better than just doing one more damage. 

So it's great, and something any dice-cursed bastard such as myself can appreciate, but it's not THAT good 

Look at it this way: His ability is basically pretty similar to Lieutenant Colzet, who hasn't exactly set the world on fire since his release.

Thane is good. He's annoying as heck if you've taken a Direct Hit! critical, because it essentially means a minimum of 1 damage each time he shoots at you. But since you're spending a result to get that effect, that 1 damage comes off the attack, so it's not, as @ficklegreendice says, doing hugely more than just shooting you would. I suspect he'll be a great intimidation tool, though, once a ship's damaged.

Garven is nice to see. As ever, he's in a slightly odd spot - ideally wanting to shoot first, but at initiative 4 being outclassed by most aces. Hopefully, generics will be a touch better.

Biggs looks to be as annoying as ever. Being able to draw off one hit/crit plus (selflessness) one crit means you can choose to shoot past him, but really shouldn't, because he'll soak so much damage it'll get annoying and it's probably better to just shoot him first. Of course, biggs was always annoying but it was stuff like 'Caption Rex' and Lowwrhick that made him disgusting. Thing is, their abilities all look more or less unchanged, so you may well find (depending on points) four-ship rebels alive and well. 

Lacking Jess Pava or Expertise for Lowwrhick means they'll be down on firepower - not sure what's there to make up for it yet.

2 hours ago, Malasombra said:

Is included. The rebel conversion kit is well spoiled, you can find the contents easily....

2 hours ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

I'm not sure how many times this has to be repeated (and its in the article itself) but everything that is getting released in Wave 1 is also getting released in the cardboard-only conversion packs.  

Thanks.

I saw a picture listing the content, but couldn't find Thane's name on it. Neither as a T-65, nor an ARC-170 pilot.

7 hours ago, Wedgeismyhero said:

swz12_box_left.png

It doesn't have specific ship markings, just generic red squadron. The core set one might have Red 5 markings which would make more sense because that has Luke in it.

8 hours ago, Wedgeismyhero said:

swz12_box_left.png

Red Five paint scheme has gold paint on top of the left engine. swz01_a2_s-foils.png

Sadly, this paint scheme does not appear to appear on any of FFG's actual models, unless one of these pictures is wrong, because the one from the core set does not have the gold engine either, it has red rings.

swz01_main.png

Also, If you look at the 1e models, they all have five red stripes. If stripes denoted callsign, then it would be nearly impossible to put down red 10.

image.jpeg