Belvasques

Can stormtroopers units use Darth Vader's courage value for suppression tests?

I believe not since Vader does not have the courage value, but some people here are saying otherwise.

Thanks

He has a courage value, which is ‘-‘.  Trooper units near Vader cannot panic.

Stormtroopers will still lose an action if they have a suppression token after their rally step, as any trooper would with a courage of ‘1’.  Commander courage value is only relevant for panic.

24 minutes ago, Belvasques said:

I believe not since Vader does not have the courage value, but some people here are saying otherwise.

Thanks

What is a suppression test? Do you mean checking if it is suppressed? For that you just check the courage value on the suppressed unit, the commander's courage value is only used for checking Panic. 

As Darth Vader does not have a courage value, units in his radius are immune to Panic.

1 minute ago, Orkimedes said:

He has a courage value, which is ‘-‘.  Trooper units near Vader cannot panic.

Stormtroopers will still lose an action if they have a suppression token after their rally step, as any trooper would with a courage of ‘1’.  Commander courage value is only relevant for panic.

Thanks.

Wow, this ends up being very strong.

Here’s the most relevant citation from the RRG:

If a unit is at range 1–3 of a friendly commander, it may use that commander’s courage value instead of its own when checking to see if it is panicked.
» A courage value of “–” is considered infinite when checking whether a unit is panicked, including when a unit is using a friendly commander’s courage value.

11 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

No more so than using Luke's Courage of 3. I mean, how often have you had a unit with 6 suppression on it?

Veers is a much more relevant comparison with his courage value of 2.

4 Suppression is still a lot, but more attainable.

1 hour ago, nashjaee said:

A courage value of 3 is almost as good as infinite. In fact, maybe better because you benefit from cover with the suppression tokens.

That said, I once had Luke die with 9 suppression tokens on him :). The guy just didn’t want to go down!

Nine suppression tokens seems like a ridiculously high number. What round was that on?

1 hour ago, KalEl814 said:

Nine suppression tokens seems like a ridiculously high number. What round was that on?

I think it was round 4?

Vader’s command card gave him 3, 1 or 2 were from a previous round, and then everyone fired on him that round. I was a bit reckless with him while trying to grab an objective in the Supplies mission.

19 hours ago, buckero0 said:

can you ever lose both actions though?  Otherwise, why not get rid of them unless stuck in melee combat.

If you're at panicked you have to use your 1 action to move towards the nearest board edge and attempt to flee.