Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Jedi - Sith - Gray factions?

What are the thoughts on a Jedi, Sith, Gray factions, or at least an a wave that is Dedicated to bringing force users and ships into the game that if nothing else can expend into different factions as is?

Example Obi would be Rebels but someone like Star Killer could be Rebels and imps along Bendo being usable by the Scum and Rebels?

Also Prequel Imp Maul.

Edited by Cubanboy

1 hour ago, Cubanboy said:

What are the thoughts on a Jedi, Sith, Gray factions, or at least an a wave that is Dedicated to bringing force users and ships into the game that if nothing else can expend into different factions as is?

Example Obi would be Rebels but someone like Star Killer could be Rebels (1) and imps along Bendu being usable by the Scum (2) and Rebels?

Also Prequel Imp Maul(3).

1. No

2. No

3. No

I think it's a great unique idea for a wave down the road and I like your ideas. Realistically I would love to see Starkiller and the Rogue Shadow in the game but I'm not sure they are allowed to use it by the Disney overlords. For speculating ships and pilots that could fit timeline though:

Jedi Starfighter - Obi-Wan/Anakin/Order 66 Survivor

Rogue Shadow - Starkiller/Juno/Proxy/Kota

Gauntlet Starfighter - Darth Maul/Chopper/Ezra

2 minutes ago, GILLIES291 said:

I think it's a great unique idea for a wave down the road and I like your ideas. Realistically I would love to see Starkiller and the Rogue Shadow in the game but I'm not sure they are allowed to use it by the Disney overlords. For speculating ships and pilots that could fit timeline though:

Jedi Starfighter - Obi-Wan/Anakin/Order 66 Survivor

Rogue Shadow - Starkiller/Juno/Proxy/Kota

Gauntlet Starfighter - Darth Maul/Chopper/Ezra

How does Anakin and Order 66 survivor mash together? 

By the time Order 66 was given, Anakin was no more. 

2 hours ago, Commander Kaine said:

Valid point, I was going by Luke Skywalker's definition but true he called himself Vader. He did pilot a Jedi Starfighter as Vader for awhile after the Empire was formed though which would have been the same ship any Jedi that survived the initial purge could also be in:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vader's_black_Eta-2_Actis-class_interceptor

11 hours ago, Cubanboy said:

Example Obi would be Rebels but someone like Star Killer could be Rebels and imps along Bendo being usable by the Scum and Rebels?

Also Prequel Imp Maul.

I'd be happy for as many viable ships and factions as possible.

I'm all for a Sith Empire faction, I'm just curious if they'd be all under one faction or as multiple different ones ie. Vitiate's Sith Empire, Naga Sadow's Sith, New Sith etc. We have the Sith fighter and GSS-3 Mangler both from different eras of Sith history. I would imagine all Sith vessels could be under one faction which is the Sith Empire we see in SWTOR.

8 hours ago, Commander Kaine said:

We have Asajj Ventress as a pilot and she died during the Clone Wars so how is that possible?

The ships and pilots are just "ingredients" to create a game. It doesn't have to make any sense in regards to continuity as long as the ships and characters stay true to how they're represented in the franchise.

In Star Wars: Force Arena, you can have a team of Rebels and Republic Clones together and in Galactic Battlegrounds you can have Trade Federation allying with Wookiees. X-Wing is no different than those except for being a physical game. If they release Clone Wars as an expansion for X-Wing with LAAT and Droid Starfighters as ships, you're not forced to buy them.

Edited by Vector

I don't like all of your specific ideas but I do like the idea of a force-themed wave. This would allow us to see a good number of force powers during that wave where they're just sprinkled in through other waves.

Regarding Starkiller, it would be neat to see him as a double-sided crew card that has different abilities based on light-side and dark-side on each side. I don't expect that we'll see this come into the game, though.

In lore, it could allow for different versions of existing characters to come into the game with force ability that currently don't. That's a good thought as well.

21 hours ago, Commander Kaine said:

Well then, technically Saws Renegades could not fly with Luke Skywalker either, etc.

So this can hardly be an argument.

24 minutes ago, ForceM said:

Well then, technically Saws Renegades could not fly with Luke Skywalker either, etc.

So this can hardly be an argument.

Not quite.

Before Order 66, Anakin was a Jedi Knight of the Republic. A faction that doesn't exist in this timeline.

Saw and Luke were both kinda rebels, in the same conflict, against the same enemy.

Anakin (Vader) and any survivor of order 66 would be in different factions.

6 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

Not quite.

Before Order 66, Anakin was a Jedi Knight of the Republic. A faction that doesn't exist in this timeline.

Saw and Luke were both kinda rebels, in the same conflict, against the same enemy.

Anakin (Vader) and any survivor of order 66 would be in different factions.

Anakin and the Order 66 survivors would both be Republic affiliated, not Rebel. Even if the Republic pretty much was gone just after Order 66 was given. But at the same Moment, Anakin was no Jedi anymore either.

It makes no sense to give any of these to the Rebels really. Anakin clearly wasn’t in the Rebel Alliance ever, and they had no Jedi pilots (at least as far as i know in the new canon) until Luke Skywalker came along.

If however they create a Republic faction, you could give them the Order survivors even if they didn’t exist at the same time asJedi Anakin. It would however make more sense to call them Jedi Knight or Padawan Pilots...

Edited by ForceM

Just now, ForceM said:

Anakin and the Order 66 survivors would both be Republic affiliated, not Rebel. Even if the Republic pretty much was gone just after Order 66 was given. But at the same Moment, Anakin was no Jedi anymore either.

It makes no sense to give any of these to the Rebels really. Anakin clearly wasn’t in the Rebel Alliance ever, and they had no Jedi pilots (at least as far as i know in the new canon) until Luke Skywalker came along.

If it's republic affiliated...

Then why Order 66 survivor? Why not just... Jedi Knight? The republic didn't exist much longer after Order 66 either.

1 minute ago, Commander Kaine said:

If it's republic affiliated...

Then why Order 66 survivor? Why not just... Jedi Knight? The republic didn't exist much longer after Order 66 either.

That’s exactly what i just edited in...

The current trend is that pilots who work multi faction do so with unique cards and powers for each faction.

the addition of subtitles to the pilot cards Is a clear indication they plan to do more versions of the same pilots for various factions and ships.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:42 AM, ForceM said:

If however they create a Republic faction, you could give them the Order survivors even if they didn’t exist at the same time asJedi Anakin. It would however make more sense to call them Jedi Knight or Padawan Pilots...

Agreed. Whilst I'm all happy for the inclusion of Anakin Skywalker as a pilot, we would need the Republic as a faction first. It just wouldn't work having him as a Rebel pilot to stay true to lore, just like how you wouldn't have Palpatine as a Rebel or Scum pilot. Ahsoka is the accepted example because of her involvement with Phoenix Squad and the Rebels as seen in Rebels TV. 

The only other Jedi you could have as a Rebel pilot or crew is Rachi Sitra:

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rachi_Sitra

as well as a couple of others listed here:

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Rebel_Jedi

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Rebel_Force-sensitives

Edited by Vector