Sign in to follow this  
GammonLord

Raddus Lib + MC30

Howdy, 

Tinkering about with the following, looking to use it in an upcoming tournament. 

The logic behind choices are as follows:

The Lib i think is the best ship for Raddus-ing (gunnery teams, lots of lasers etc), hence its inclusion. Toying with putting Mon Karen on it as well.

The Raddus MC30 is a threat all on its own, that'll pair with Lib on arrival to hopefully set up some nasty situations for my opponent. 

The CR90B is there as a mini threat/ torpedo frigate.

List as follows, constructive criticism mightily appreciated:

REBEL FLEET:  382

1 • MC30c Torpedo Frigate - MC30c (63)     - Admiral Raddus (26)    - Ordnance Experts (4)    - Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)    - XI7 Turbolasers (6)    - Admonition (8)
    • Total : 112    • Code : r17c20w5n4t4f17
2 • MC80 Battle Cruiser - MC80 Liberty (103)     - Gunnery Team (7)    - Leading Shots (4)    - XI7 Turbolasers (6)    - Spinal Armament (9)
    • Total : 129    • Code : r30w1i3t4t9
3 • CR90 Corellian Corvette B - CR90 Corellian Corvette (39)     - Dodonna's Pride (6)
    • Total : 45    • Code : r2f1
4 • GR-75 Medium Transports - GR-75 (18)     - Comms Net (2)    - Quantum Storm (1)
    • Total : 21    • Code : r29b2f27
5 • Shara Bey A-wing Squadron - A-wing (17) 
    • Total : 17    • Code : r35
6 • Tycho Celchu A-wing Squadron - A-wing (16) 
    • Total : 16    • Code : r12
7 • A-wing Squadron - A-wing (11) 
    • Total : 11    • Code : r13
8 • A-wing Squadron - A-wing (11) 
    • Total : 11    • Code : r13
9 • GR-75 Medium Transports - GR-75 (18)     - Comms Net (2)
    • Total : 20    • Code : r29b2
10 • Objectives - Objectives (0)     - Station Assault (0)    - Contested Outpost (0)    - Superior Positions (0)
    • Total : 0    • Code : r0a15a5a12

It might be a bit riskier, but have you considered putting Raddus on Dodonna's pride.  That would give you the option to put either the Liberty or MC-30 in hyperspace depending on the fleet you are facing. 

Edited by Backgild

11 minutes ago, Backgild said:

It might be a bit riskier, but have you considered putting Raddus on Dodonna's pride.  That would give you the option to put either the Liberty or MC-30 in hyperspace depending on the fleet you are facing. 

Dodonna's pride is a poor flagship. If it is upgraded to a CR90A Jaina's Light, then there are some more options. But Dodonna's pride is really an unsafe ship and a poor choice in general, as its use is limited to a single good role. It also really needs leading shots to guarantee that blue crit. So the CR90 should be upgraded to CR90A Jaina's Light, and then Raddus can go on that no problem. Not to mention it's a killer ship in its own right. And absolutely take Lando on the MC30. All this would lead to a bid of 387, which probably won't get first in a tournament against a bidding fleet. So then just throw on some more upgrades, ie. TRC on the CR90, or other such stuff, as Raddus lists don't need first because the Raddus drop ship can't activate first anyway (I may be gravely mistaken on the first/second part, so anyone feel free to correct me).